• WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ABLE TO POST AND ACCESS MEMBER ONLY CONTENT AND FEATURES
    Join / Upgrade / Renew your membership to enjoy full membership and posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2022 Bun Cooler

advtracker

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
Joe, I'm going to say the following weekend of the 20th-22nd. That would be the weekend after Mothers Day, and the third full weekend of May. When Glena and Jim return from the desert we'll be able to get a date set in stone.

red fox

Joe, I'm going to say the following weekend of the 20th-22nd. That would be the weekend after Mothers Day,
Mothers Day is May 8 this year; happens on a Sunday, too. Bun Cooler has usually been wknd after, so May 13 -16th is my educated guess ... let me take another swig to make sure. Yup, sounds good to me.

Tim R

Staff member
Isn't The Bun Cooler the 3rd weekend in May? Since the 1st Saturday this year in May is on the first, the 3rd weekend would be as Red Fox Suggested. The 13th would be the early birds BBQ at the Sherman's.

Last edited:

Tim R

Staff member
The later the better in my humble opinion! :D

I looked over the 2022 May calendar. The first weekend in this coming May is Sat. the 1st with Sunday as the 2nd. That takes care of weekend #1. The 3rd weekend is as Red Fox suggested. But as others have noted we will really know when the Sheman's start working on it.

All I know I plan on attending!

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
I looked over the 2022 May calendar. The first weekend in this coming May is Sat. the 1st with Sunday as the 2nd. That takes care of weekend #1. The 3rd weekend is as Red Fox suggested. But as others have noted we will really know when the Sheman's start working on it.

All I know I plan on attending!
Likely me too with friends from the SW! Be good to see you and the other fine folks of the NW! :) (y)

Last edited:

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
uhm, pretty sure May 1st 2022, is a Sunday - don't know what constitutes a first weekend though, Sat and Sun? or does Sunday the 1st count as a weekend?

(sits semi-patiently waiting for details from the Shermans)

charlie gary

Isn't The Bun Cooler the 3rd weekend in May? Since the 1st Saturday this year in May is on the first, the 3rd weekend would be as Red Fox Suggested. The 13th would be the early birds BBQ at the Sherman's.
Tim, you appear to be trapped in 2021. Run!, my friend, before the zombies catch up. ;)

red fox

A recall on the schedule: about 5 - 6 yrs ago, the Bun Cooler had been run on the first full wknd of June (delay due to scheduling reason I wasn't privy to).

But, for that year's delayed Bun Cooler: the weather was beautiful, one of the salmon runs up the river was in full swing, the weather was beautiful, we got several long long distance attendees (Michigan?), the weather was beautiful, BC had a large turn-out.

At that year's BC, I (and others) thought - why isn't BC always run on this weekend? Response then was availability of hotel & campground; and tradition. Well, just coming off of Covid this year, maybe timing is workable again?

advtracker

https://new.horizonsunlimited.com/t...-mexico-and-central-america-jan-mar-2022-2018

Here's an update on my blog. Currently in the bottom of Copper Canyon in a pueblo called Batopilas in the state of Chihuahua. Dropped the bike yesterday on a remote section of 41 mile long dirt road. Taking the day off today to repair the bike and chill out. Here's a few pics.
IMG_5256.jpeg
64616F86-7180-4049-A17C-9EC343D32273_1_105_c.jpeg
index.php
IMG_5253.jpeg

Attachments

• 75E86E27-B9E7-43FF-8F6D-71274F2925A3_1_105_c.jpeg
    75E86E27-B9E7-43FF-8F6D-71274F2925A3_1_105_c.jpeg
    392.3 KB · Views: 66

Tim R

Staff member
Tim, you appear to be trapped in 2021. Run!, my friend, before the zombies catch up. ;)
May 1st for 2022 is a Sunday. The question would be is that considered the first weekend. If not, then the BC would be scheduled for May 20 to 23. Charlie, not sure how I got the 2021 calendar. I have a supposed smart phone, so I'll blame it. No zombies would survive anyways.

charlie gary

May 1st for 2022 is a Sunday. The question would be is that considered the first weekend. If not, then the BC would be scheduled for May 20 to 23. Charlie, not sure how I got the 2021 calendar. I have a supposed smart phone, so I'll blame it. No zombies would survive anyways.
Tradition is it's the third full weekend of May, so this year would have us arriving on the third Friday of May.

Biggus Dekkus

We should plan for Bun Cooler on May 20-21-22? Don't make it later than that since the next weekend is Memorial Day, and there are other conflicts in June. I'm already registered for the Giant Loop rally in Oregon June 3-5.