• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2023 Big Bend-Davis Mountains Ride the Twisties

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
Big Bend-Davis Mountains Ride the Twisties

Big Bend-Davis Mountains Ride the Twisties returns to the South Central on the 21st and 22nd of October 2023. We will be basing at the Highland Inn located in Alpine, TX:

Registration is here:

https://concours.org/event-5363115

Highland Inn
1404 East Hwy 90
Alpine, TX 79830

You can contact Sam Acosta for reservations at the following:

ph: 432-837-5811
fax: 432-837-5215
samacosta@highlandinn.net

The Highland Inn has a fire pit and we will hold nightly campfire discussions and bench racing. Saturday, a group meal is planned similar to last year.

Please make plans for this great riding and fellowship and I look forward to seeing you all.

I'm sure (not really) there are some others here beside me that might be going to both the COG BBRTT rally and the MSTA Texas Hill Country Rally...right? (You do NOT need to be a MSTA member but registration is $35)
Right?................crickets.🦗🦗🦗🦗

Anyway, I'm planning on staying a bit in the Big Bend Area to do some riding & hiking after the BBRTT and then heading over to Fredericksburg for German food before moving down to the Y.O in Kerrville for the MSTA rally....I'm looking for a hotel $haring roomie for some/any/all.
.....hmmm .........more crickets 🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

BBRTT.jpg

Last edited:
FYI: There is a water system problem in Study Butte and tap water consumption is not advised. This DOES NOT pertain to tap water in Alpine, nor the National Park, nor Presidio.
So if you stop to eat in Study Butte or Terlingua, drink only from bottles and inquire about their cooking water source.

https://www.studybuttewater.com/

The Study Butte/Terlingua Two-Step!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Arriving Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone. A small word of caution for those riding the River Road ( 170 ) between Lajitas and Presidio. The Park Rangers have been known to issue citations for stopping off the road without a park entry permit. They are saying that is state park land anywhere off the roadway. The majority of the road runs through Big Bend Ranch State Park.

Lovelle
COG #4446

Arriving Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone. A small word of caution for those riding the River Road ( 170 ) between Lajitas and Presidio. The Park Rangers have been known to issue citations for stopping off the road without a park entry permit. They are saying that is state park land anywhere off the roadway. The majority of the road runs through Big Bend Ranch State Park.

Lovelle
COG #4446
They used to just put warning notes on your vehicle if you stopped there and went for a hike, but lately the rangers have been acting more like LEOs. They just go up and down the road checking for park payment and traffic violations.
They run radar as well, I got a warning ticket (he didn't get a fix on me or I'm sure I would have gotten a real ticket. He said I was "really cookin'" :rolleyes:) so even if you don't stop, you may get stopped.

My only performance ticket ever on the C14 and it says "Parks and Wildlife" on it.😣