• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2023 COG National "Coast, Craters & Curves" - June 12-16, 2023 - ( 9/18/22 updated )

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
2023logox250.png

2023 COG National Rally
Coast, Craters & Curves
June 12 -16, 2023
Canyonville, Oregon
[map]

This the official rally thread and this first post will be updated continuously - updated 9/19/2022

Registration: Event registration will open sometime around January 2023

We encourage you to reserve your lodging now. You can always cancel later.

Rally Central: Seven Feathers Convention Center in Canyonville OR.

Rally Master:
Russ Saunders (Motomaniac)

Rally Central Lodging: $105 per Room ( Single King or Double Queen )
Seven Feathers Convention Center in Canyonville OR.
Reservations: call 1-888-677-7771 and tell them your with Concours National Rally
Rates extend from 6/10/23 to 6/16/23
Complete Lodging Details

RV and Camping Options: Complete RV/Camping Details

Seven Feathers RV Resort

Registration Open
Modern and beautiful resort - Shuttle to Rally HQ
RVs: $65 to $95 per day (no tent camping) Full Hookups + Wifi & Cable TV
Yurts: $200 per Day (approx.) - sleeps 4 New with modern amenities (limited qty)
Cabins: $200 per Day (approx.) - sleeps 4 New with modern amenities (limited qty)
✳️Details and Registration

Charles V. Stanton County Park and Campground
Registration Open
Lovely lush area lining the South Umpqua River with amenities - Shuttle to Rally HQ
Tent Camping: $24 per Day (includes showers, flush restrooms, wifi and more)
RV Spots: $35 per Day (includes water, electricity, sewage, Wifi and more)

✳️Details and Registration

Both locations are within 1 Mile of Rally HQ and have shuttle service to HQ

Some Major Attractions:

• Redwood National & State Parks (OR and CA)
  • Crater Lake National Park
  • Oregon Coast: Coos Bay, Gold Beach, Brookings, State Parks/Beaches, Museums, Art Galleries, Antiquing and a lot more
  • Beautiful scenic roads with lots of sweeps and twists
  • Mt. Shasta
  • Three Sisters (peaks) and lava flows
  • Rogue River recreation areas
  • Bend and Klamath Falls

Good Thing to Know
  • Daily Average high temperature in mid-June: 78° with 50% humidity
  • Nearest cities: Roseburg, Grants Pass, Eugene
  • The closest major airports are 1) Medford "Rogue Valley" Airport (MFR) in Medford, Oregon and 2) Eugene Airport (EUG / KEUG) in Eugene, Oregon
  • The Southwest Oregon Regional Airport (OTH), located in Coos Bay, is the only commercial airport on the Oregon Coast. (it is not closer than Eugene)
  • No sales tax
  • At least the Oregon gas is cheaper than California (and most stations allow motorcyclists to pump their own gas)

Hidden in the lush green south west coastal mountains of Oregon, Canyonville is a quaint little town surrounded by amazing roads, stunning scenery and bucket list attractions. The mild June climate, an average high of 78° with low humidity, is perfect for all the fun outdoor activities, like motorcycle riding. With both lodging and camping options near each other, and a free shuttle to move between them, it's easy to gather up your friends and riding buddies for food, riding and adventures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
All 2023 National lodging options - Rally Central, RV and Tent - are open for reservations. Details

All the camping and RV options will be 100% full in June 2023, they sell out - make your reservations now cause if you wait, there may be no spots left.

Reserve Now - you can always cancel later

motocommuter

Kay, Kona & I are planning on attending. Only 2,703 miles for us. But we will take the opportunity to check some items off our bucket list, like ride the PCH from LA up to Canyonville. Afterwards, we plan to head up to British Columbia and visit Vancouver, Jasper, Banff, etc. My leg should be 100% healed by June.

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
Kay, Kona & I are planning on attending. Only 2,703 miles for us. But we will take the opportunity to check some items off our bucket list, like ride the PCH from LA up to Canyonville. Afterwards, we plan to head up to British Columbia and visit Vancouver, Jasper, Banff, etc. My leg should be 100% healed by June.
Look forward to welcoming You, Kay and Kona to Canyonville next year! You might want to go ahead and secure reservations now. You can always cancel later. :) :cool:

Last edited:

rufusoregon

I live in south eastern WA state and have had a chance this summer to ride some of the great roads in eastern Oregon and western Idaho. If anyone coming from the east would like some recommendations for lesser known roads to try on your way west through Oregon I have a couple of sources. The COME RIDE WITH US publication has 7 maps now covering different parts of WA, MT, OR and ID. All roads marked with motorcycles in mind, along with motorcycle repair resources and restaurants etc. The official free TEAM OREGON motorcycle map appears to be out of print. I will check to see if I can find some copies. Here is a link to the pdf version. https://www.oregon.gov/odot/Safety/Documents/TeamOregonMap.pdf
Here is the link to Come Ride With Us maps: https://comeridewithus.net/. They charge $10.00 for shipping for the first set and $2.50 each additional set. Or you can pick them up for free at any of the advertisers in the areas covered.

gMitch

Just made reservations 6/12-6/16. Checking out Saturday morning 6/17.

Reservationist said that last night rate jumps up from $105 to $130.

Top of this thread says the rates extend from 6/10 to 6/16.

Appears to be a disconnect here that needs to be clarified, one way or the other. Might just be check out date vs actual last night date.

The reservationist was very efficient. The transaction was pleasant.

Looking forward to June 2023!

Motomaniac

Appears to be a disconnect here that needs to be clarified, one way or the other. Might just be check out date vs actual last night date.

Hi Greg, The hotel rate should remain at $105.00 on Friday night. I sent a message to our contact at the hotel and I should get a response very soon. There should be a correction. Thank you for your comment.

gMitch

Thanks for looking into the hotel rates Motomaniac.

Separate topic: I’m going to need a new set of rubber before heading back to the east coast. Maybe there will be others in the same boat? Any suggestions for a reputable dealer /tire installer, preferably in the vicinity of Rally Central? Thanks in advance.

Mitch

silverfoxxx

Separate topic: I’m going to need a new set of rubber before heading back to the east coast. Maybe there will be others in the same boat? Any suggestions for a reputable dealer /tire installer, preferably in the vicinity of Rally Central? Thanks in advance.

Mitch
Great idea. I’ll probably need a set also

Motomaniac

We will have that information out to you and the club soon. We will likely have at least two dealers to choose from. :)

Motomaniac

Greg, The rate should now be corrected for you and anyone else making reservations in the future. I will have my contact at Seven Feathers change the rate back to $105.00 for your last night. Look forward to meeting you at the National Rally next year!

Konehead34

Mitch
Very good question!!

I myself didn't think to ask it on my first national back in 2002. Got to montrose and the dealership didn't have any extra tires in stock. Lost a day if riding while they tracked down more tires...

fastenova

Just a heads up from living in Oregon and passing through the area plenty of times, there's not a lot in Canyonville. The closest towns that would have moto shops would be Roseburg (30 mi) or Grants Pass (45 mi).

Just putting out some ideas here that the organizers could chew on... If any COG members are trailering their bikes and wanted to bring a tire changing stand, it might make sense to offer tire changes (assuming the member-in-need shows up with a wheel off the bike, and their own spare tire) and charge members a small fee per tire, or maybe COG would compensate them for their time as a "member benefit".

I am sure the person with the tools wouldn't want to be stuck there all day so keeping it to just a couple hours on a couple days would work, or if they were willing they could deputize other members who have changed tires before to assist.

Members who plan ahead could possibly get tires shipped directly to the lodge? Or make one trip with their truck to a local dealer to pickup preordered tires for members. This might be a pain to organize though.

Additionally I'm sure members would be interested in a "tire change clinic" for somebody experienced to show their quick-change chops... I think I've heard it mention this has been done at prior COG rallies. Of course that would mean you'd need donor wheels/tires.

Feel free to tell me these are terrible ideas, maybe they've been tried before at other rallies and are just too complicated. I've never been to a national rally so I don't know what I don't know! ;)

santacruzrider

Shipping tires to the resort sounds like the easy route. But if anyone has an issue with that (in case the lodge won’t do it), I’ll be trailering up from Central Calif. and you can ship them to me and I’ll bring them up. PM for address and such. I’m trailering with the SO so she has the car, so shouldn’t be an issue (unless 12 of you hit me up).
FYI: I no longer own a Connie, so this isn’t a tire-collection scam. I will accept a free beer though upon delivery… ;)

fastenova

FYI: I no longer own a Connie, so this isn’t a tire-collection scam. I will accept a free beer though upon delivery… ;)
Hmm, that's exactly what a tire-collection scam artist would say... :ROFLMAO:

Very nice of you to offer to transport tires up.

I wish I had a tire changing stand to contribute (I've been eyeing the Rabaconda kit, but don't really have the space for it in my garage).

Motomaniac

We are working on having someone there to change tires (If needed) with all the tools and a lift. Also to do some fun tech sessions during the upcoming National. We should have someone that lives close by that will have tires and other parts that may be necessary. Also, we will be working with at least a couple of dealers and independent shops in the area! Thank you, Dan for volunteering though our hope is that you will not need to carry any tires to the National. :) (y)