• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2023 SC COG Wildflower Rally Dates

fartymarty

SC AAD
For 2023 planning purposes the 2023 Wildflower Rally will again be at The River Inn located near Hunt Texas and the Dates will be Friday March 31- Saturday April 1st 2023.

Subject to changes by the next pandemic or new sub-variant of Covid outbreak or ??? we will plan on providing a COG prepared light dinner on Friday eve; a breakfast sandwich on Saturday morning; and a catered dinner on Saturday evening. Registration and fee collection to be in place later in the year. River Inn will announce our prices later but I'll have them posted here before registration opens.

Some like to show early to relax by the river on Thursday even though the event and food service will not start until Friday March 31st. Each year date selection involves missing Easter, and wedding parties already scheduled at the venue and of course I get complaints if I schedule during the MOTO GP at COTA.
COTA is always late in announcing their official dates so I may get complaints again if they announce a conflicting date. Sorry in advance if it turns out that way.

New* this year will be the Optional Motorcycle/Model T Soccer/Polo Event Saturday afternoon. While most of our COG rooms are below the river Dam, the Model T group that will be roomed above the dam has challenged us to motorized soccer/polo. The event is to be held at the nearby Ingram Warrior Stadium. Motorcyclist participants will have to ride and kick singly, Model T participants will have a Kicker and a driver with driver keeping his or her feet in the vehicle at all times although drivers will be allowed to head butt the ball. Unconscious Model T drivers will not be allowed to be replaced until the next dropped ball or penalty shot conclusion. A $300 extra fee will be collected from polo participants for field turf repair. The model T group has pledged 66% because of their extra wheels. Motorcyclists are encouraged to wear leg iron because of the Model T bumpers.

* I noticed that the box stores were starting their Christmas displays in late August, so I was inspired to start the April fools nonsense early as well. Apologies.

Last edited:
For 2023 planning purposes the 2023 Wildflower Rally will again be at The River Inn located near Hunt Texas and the Dates will be Friday March 31- Saturday April 1st 2023.

Subject to changes by the next pandemic or new sub-variant of Covid outbreak or ??? we will plan on providing a COG prepared light dinner on Friday eve; a breakfast sandwich on Saturday morning; and a catered dinner on Saturday evening. Registration and fee collection to be in place later in the year. River Inn will announce our prices later but I'll have them posted here before registration opens.

Some like to show early to relax by the river on Thursday even though the event and food service will not start until Friday March 31st. Each year date selection involves missing Easter, and wedding parties already scheduled at the venue and of course I get complaints if I schedule during the MOTO GP at COTA.
COTA is always late in announcing their official dates so I may get complaints again if they announce a conflicting date. Sorry in advance if it turns out that way.

New* this year will be the Optional Motorcycle/Model T Soccer/Polo Event Saturday afternoon. While most of our COG rooms are below the river Dam, the Model T group that will be roomed above the dam has challenged us to motorized soccer/polo. The event is to be held at the nearby Ingram Warrior Stadium. Motorcyclist participants will have to ride and kick singly, Model T participants will have a Kicker and a driver with driver keeping his or her feet in the vehicle at all times although drivers will be allowed to head butt the ball. Unconscious Model T drivers will not be allowed to be replaced until the next dropped ball or penalty shot conclusion. A $300 extra fee will be collected from polo participants for field turf repair. The model T group has pledged 66% because of their extra wheels. Motorcyclists are encouraged to wear leg iron because of the Model T bumpers.

* I noticed that the box stores were starting their Christmas displays in late August, so I was inspired to start the April fools nonsense early as well. Apologies.
I missed this year but I plan to be there. Thanks Marty

Happy New Year!

I don't have 2023 Wildflower registration open yet, still waiting on insurance quote so I know how much to charge for registration to cover event insurance.

I'll put out what I do know...subject to some new pandemic popping up we plan on having 3 meals this year with a suggested donation of $25 per person for food. There will be a COG prepared dinner on Friday night, COG prepared Breakfast on Saturday morning, and D i c key's BBQ dinner on Saturday evening.

A block of rooms at the River Inn are being held for us below the dam. A model T group is going to be mostly located above the dam, however we may be able to get rooms above the dam if needed. Rates have gone up (so like what else is new :rolleyes: ) so 2 bedroom accommodations are $150 and one bedrooms and studios are $120. Two bedrooms accommodations are limited in quantity . These rates are only available if you call The River Inn at (830) 238-4226 and let them know you are with COG Wildflower rally.

Below is what I think the Registration page will say when it's posted:

proposed event description for registration said:
Wildflower Rally
Once again, we will meet at the River Inn Resort in Hunt, TX for a few
days (March 31 - April 2) of riding central Texas twisty roads, comparing farkles, looking at
wild flowers, and putting off doing your taxes a little longer.

Lodging
The River Inn Resort and Conference Center near Hunt, TX is holding a
block of rooms below the dam (east end). There are only a limited
number of two bed rooms left below the dam. If you absolutely need a
two bed room, ask if they have any above the dam (west end). Most
single bed rooms have a pull out sofa bed as well.

Single bed rooms are at the weekday rate of $120/night, and the two bed
rooms are $150/night. (Yes, that is a price increase from previous
years ) Booking online will not automatically give you the COG rate, so
call them at (830) 238-4226 to make your reservations. Rates are good
for Thursday, March 30st as well if you choose to arrive a day early, as
many do.

Meals
AT this time (January 2023) We are planning 3 Meals. Friday evening an
informal outdoor picnic dinner, a Saturday morning Breakfast (sandwich?)
with coffee and orange juice and a BBQ dinner prepared by the local
D i c key's BBQ served by COG at the River Inn. Donations for food costs will
be suggested at $25.00 per person. Registration fee covers only
Insurance overhead, not food costs. Those not wanting pork for
religious/other reasons should contact the host so suitable alternatives
can be provided. Pork will be avoided as much as possible for both evening
dinners, however breakfast pork avoidance can be more challenging but
individual arrangements can and will be made if the host is notified.

Health & Safety Announcement
Each person will be responsible for monitoring their own health. If you
feel sick, or if you've been in close contact with someone who has
recently tested positive, please stay home. Use hand sanitizer and
practice hand washing during the event and before every meal. Bring a
mask and be prepared to follow local guidelines regarding masks and
social distancing. Event plans and procedures may be subject to change
based on new requirements.

Registration/Fees
Registration fees are $??.00 for members and $??.00 for non-members
(including forum-only subscribers) to cover overhead and the cost of
event insurance. Those refusing to sign the waiver will be asked to
leave the rally. I hope to see you there! Until then, please be safe.
- Marty

Questions
Contact the event organizer Martin Cobb (aka FartyMarty) at
fartymartycog@yahoo.com.

For additional announcements/conversations, please join the conversation
in the COG Forums: Forums > Ride Time > South Central Events

Last edited:
Please note that the original registration text about food has changed.

The primary meat served on Friday night will be pork as will the breakfast meat on Saturday morning. Those that don't eat pork, or require halal, or kosher will be accommodated only if they let me know ahead of time. Send me an email or a "conversation" (formerly a PM) here on the forum and make sure I respond to it. The Saturday evening meal will not have pork, probably beef and chicken from D i c k i e s BBQ, and this year I'll check with them on if there is pork in the beans...if so I will have alternate pork-less beans available.

Marty has asked everyone to ping him if you have any dietary needs that differ from what has been posted.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Ride free,

Craig

Marty has asked everyone to ping him if you have any dietary needs that differ from what has been posted.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Ride free,

Craig
Yes, and make sure I ping you back to ensure that I received it. Please. :)

I got home around 01:00 pm today. Great Place, Great Ride, Great People ! Always happy to see old friends again and to make new ones !
Thanks to Marty and to Doug for organizing this event and for providing great meals ! ! Everything was perfect ! See you all soon ! Will post few pictures later . Ride Safe

I got home Monday afternoon. 1777 miles round trip. Had a great rally. Thanks to Marty and Doug for hosting and feeding us. Another wonderful Wildflower Rally! Thanks to George and Steve for leading rides on Friday and Saturday. I'm getting to know some of the roads down there and it is more fun each time. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Hope we will be able to do it again next year. Keep the shiny side UP!