• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

3rd Annual Sport-touring school at Jennings GP

Looks like I'll be spectating again this year. Finances are a little tight this year. If it picks up, then I'll try to get on the track on Saturday at least.

Rico is right. This is an economical and great venue to do some connecting and socializing. But the obvious benefit is to increase your skill set for spirited road riding. Doug has done all the hard work for us, so sign up and be happy.  I'll be there helping everyone out if I can. Ask Doug about some of our riding together 15 years ago or more. There's some good stories about us being bad boys.

Really:  "There's some good stories about us being bad boys" ... seems pretty incredible to me :rotflmao:
It'll be great to see you Al.

IronButtAl said:
Rico is right. This is an economical and great venue to do some connecting and socializing. But the obvious benefit is to increase your skill set for spirited road riding. Doug has done all the hard work for us, so sign up and be happy.  I'll be there helping everyone out if I can. Ask Doug about some of our riding together 15 years ago or more. There's some good stories about us being bad boys.

Well, now it looks like I might be out of the country then, but if not, it be nice to say hello to you. Hope everything is good.

IronButtAl said:

Aww _____, there goes the neighborhood... 
Hey Al, "Hand saluuuute"!!
          :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

Come on out Al!
If I can make it you can!  And I am gonna be there!  I'll even save you a good cigar.
Matt

Road Runner said:
Hopefully there will be a "4th Annual ..." in 2020, if Doug & team are willing and able. I've not made it yet to this event, and unfortunately can't make it early next year. My loss. I could use the "Novice" training to learn new skills and enhance others.

I have to admit when I first saw notice of this over a year ago my first reaction is "I'll never do something like this." But, the more I read about it and hear from COG'ers AND Doug that this IS NOT about learning to race, then I feel I am more of a fit. I really would like to learn new skills on my everyday bike; my Concours 14.

I sent you a PM Road Runner.
And 'bump' to event topic.

roader said:
Road Runner said:
Hopefully there will be a "4th Annual ..." in 2020, if Doug & team are willing and able. I've not made it yet to this event, and unfortunately can't make it early next year. My loss. I could use the "Novice" training to learn new skills and enhance others.

I have to admit when I first saw notice of this over a year ago my first reaction is "I'll never do something like this." But, the more I read about it and hear from COG'ers AND Doug that this IS NOT about learning to race, then I feel I am more of a fit. I really would like to learn new skills on my everyday bike; my Concours 14.

I sent you a PM Road Runner.
And 'bump' to event topic.

Yes, thank you roader; I replied to it around 8 pm CT.  :great:

We are doing a fine job selling up to novice class. It will be pretty much just us in that group. I will however have to close it out in under 2 weeks so if you want in now's the Time to jump on this bandwagon  :)

Ok, ok, I'll do breakfast for dinner...never had a bad breakfast there, but can't say the same for dinner. :73:

Isn't there a Mexican place up the freeway?

Smokin' Pig on the north end of Valdosta has some decent Q.

Steve,
I think we went to a Mexican restaurant the 1st year, and I seem to remember it being good.
It was 1st or 2nd exit into GA if I rremember right.

We have 26 signed up. I have to lock it later today. Last call in case you had a buddy that was planning and hasn't paid yet..... :)

I still plan on coming to join the party and do what I can during the day.  I will find out the 14th of Jan if I can start driving again and how long I will have to wear this neck brace  :mad: and any other restrictions.

I will be ready to have a COG party again  :beerchug:

COGnosticator said:
I still plan on coming to join the party and do what I can during the day.  I will find out the 14th of Jan if I can start driving again and how long I will have to wear this neck brace  :mad: and any other restrictions.

I will be ready to have a COG party again  :beerchug:

Happy to hear that Jerry...looking forward to seeing you.

Signed up an paid, this will be my first track experience! I'm a bit nervous and excited at the same time, hoping to replace some fear and apprehension on the road with confidence an maybe even some skill! We (the wife is coming but not riding) will be RV'ing it do we need to secure a spot with hookups?

You can call Virginia to arrange payment of 30/50 amp hookups at 386-938-1110.
Welcome aboard! This will be a busy day. There is A TON going on throughout the day. Your wife can pack a good bunch of food in an RV. Smart choice.

Have you read the first post? Are you drawing track maps? I hope you will learn the track BEFORE you get there so you can learn the skill when you get there, not waste your time learning the track when you get there....

If you're nervous, or just have questions, call me. I know where you're at. 407-791-1543

BBroj said:
Signed up an paid, this will be my first track experience! I'm a bit nervous and excited at the same time, hoping to replace some fear and apprehension on the road with confidence an maybe even some skill! We (the wife is coming but not riding) will be RV'ing it do we need to secure a spot with hookups?

First time track riding can be mind boggling.    Don't sweet it .  The instructors do a great job helping you

FYI  I learned more on my first trackday than I did riding on the street for 10 years ,

If you can read  " Total Control" by Lee Parks  OR "Twist of the wrist" by Kieth Code before it will help also . Both great books

C'mon, someone take Roader up on his offer.
You will totally enjoy it.
Plus {like all COG events} the friendship is worth the trip.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Doug's buying...
          {Don't tell him I sed that}. <evil grin>

Doug posted this at the beginning, but we're nearing the time of the event and I think it worth saying again.
A full coverage helmet {not a modular helmet}, boots, and gloves are required if you plan to ride on the track.
And ya hafta wear one of them funny leather suits..  {Can be rented there}

I just talked to him and he reminded me that we must be able to draw the track before we arrive and {if possible}
know where the apex points are.  ie; We need to have the turns memorized.

Study hard. "There" WILL be a test.

I told him it would be EZ for most, but I'm not so sure that "Cliff" could do it.. < :rotflmao:>

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Doug posted this at the beginning, but we're nearing the time of the event and I think it worth saying again.
A full coverage helmet {not a modular helmet}, boots, and gloves are required if you plan to ride on the track.

I just talked to him and he reminded me that we must be able to draw the track before we arrive and {if possible}
know where the apex points are.
ie; We need to have the turns memorized.

I told him it would be EZ for most, but I'm not so sure that "Cliff" could do it.. < :rotflmao:>

Ride safe, Ted
Also, a leather suit is required but one can be rented at the track. I also think there is a thread depth requirement for tires(tahrs).

connie_rider said:
Ride safe, Ted

I don't plan to flog the ole girl to hard Ted, shes getting up in age & miles ya know. So maybe you can keep up, might even let you pass me!  :nananana: :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao:

Oh yeah, I will be RIDING the 800 + miles to FL.

My '06 has 30k miles. It lived its whole life at redline on the track. I races it for three seasons and had many track days/practice with it. It still purrrrrs :)

Learning the track before you get there frees you up to learn the drills. If you waste the whole morning learning the track you'll miss out on a whole Lot....

After drawing the track freehand see if you can run the track in your mind without looking at the map. Write down which turn comes first to quiz yourself. Like this: LLLRLLRLRLLLRR
Then draw in features you will see as your ride. To do this watch youtube vids. Then write down reference points if you like but that's not so important. Just get this far with your map so you don't get there saying "Which turn is next?" Bring your pen for the track walk. This allows you to do the drills.

Curriculum
Session 1-7:
1 Referency points, braking (properly) drill, sighting lap
2 Breaking bad habits: Apexes, early, late, mid, double
3 Body Positioning (head, shoulders, hip, knee)
4 After lunch meet in the paddock
5 Traction control and correct rpm's
6 Trailbraking and geometry
7 Putting it all together, how each skill blends into a new product when done together

This is key: If you use your full 20 minutes of each lap and wear yourself out, being unable to physically do session 7, you will miss out on the summary session where you blend each skill into a new product. Pace yourself. This will be a workout both mentally and physically.  :truce:

BYW: We have 3 or 4 guys joining us from the BMW club and a few COG friends who signed up on the Jennings website directly. We also have a half dozen or so spectators/family. In total I think we are at 40ppl so this event is officially full!

BTW DONT FORGET TO BRING A ROLL OF BLUE PAINTERS TAP FOR YOUR LIGHTS AND MIRRORS

Douglas said:
BYW: We have 3 or 4 guys joining us from the BMW club and a few COG friends who signed up on the Jennings website directly. We also have a half dozen or so spectators/family. In total I think we are at 40ppl so this event is officially full!

BTW DONT FORGET TO BRING A ROLL OF BLUE PAINTERS TAP FOR YOUR LIGHTS AND MIRRORS

This is gonna be fun! ;D

Roader posted some excellent maps on Post #52.
Others are available at the Jennings GP site.

Found a video of the Track with a Cogger at the helm.
This is Ed {Swampcat} on Shoudaben at one of the Jennings Track Day's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciJQISA2Cw8

Here is another video of an expert at Jennings. He's going a "little" bit {aww, ok} a heck of a lot faster than we'll be going.
NOTE; that the same basic apex's are being used in both video's.
              Memorize the corners before you get there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XJ6DrIX4ok

Ride safe, Ted
Douglas said:
My '06 has 30k miles. It lived its whole life at redline on the track. I races it for three seasons and had many track days/practice with it. It still purrrrrs :)

Learning the track before you get there frees you up to learn the drills. If you waste the whole morning learning the track you'll miss out on a whole Lot....

After drawing the track freehand see if you can run the track in your mind without looking at the map. Write down which turn comes first to quiz yourself. Like this: LLLRLLRLRLLLRR
Then draw in features you will see as your ride. To do this watch youtube vids. Then write down reference points if you like but that's not so important. Just get this far with your map so you don't get there saying "Which turn is next?" Bring your pen for the track walk. This allows you to do the drills.

Doug, do you plan on walking the track on Friday like you did last year.  It really helped me understand where the apexes are and when to brake etc.

COGnosticator said:
Doug, do you plan on walking the track on Friday like you did last year.  It really helped me understand where the apexes are and when to brake etc.

"Arrival:  You need to get to the track Friday evening, Feb 8th, 2019 early enough to set up your bike/pit/camping area. We will then do the well know "track walk" 45min before sunset (time determined by Google). Riders meeting is Saturday morning at 8:30am. First group will be in class at 9am...."

Doug, don't forget to remind everyone that the track is run CCW!  :-\ It would tough for the guy that memories the track running backwards, CW.  :mad:

Yep everything is on schedule. The trackwalk is everyone's the classic way of learning the track. Nowadays there's YouTube....I just can't help doing it the old fashioned way. Draw the track maps, walk the track.

I have personally talked with almost every single person signed up. If anybody has any questions, have them reach out to me. If you're nervous, good, it'll keep you humble. If you think you'll come to this track showing how fast you are...  :rotflmao:

Thanks Doug for all of your hard work.  I'm looking forward to this event.  To be honest, I'm a little hesitant but I know that my riding skills will improve. 

Irene

Somebody out there is thinking, I wish I had decided to go sooner.
or, Your on the fence, undecided if your skills are up to it...
This is a great learning chance for any rider. Do it...

There is still a chance to be there with us..
Contact Roader {Post #142 } and see if his place is still available.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Somebody out there is thinking, I wish I had decided to go sooner.
or, Your on the fence, undecided if your skills are up to it...
This is a great learning chance for any rider. Do it...

There is still a chance to be there with us..
Contact Roader {Post #142 } and see if his place is still available.

Ride safe, Ted

TELL 'EM TED!

I can't believe no one is taking advantage of this @ $100.  Insanity!

I was apprehensive my first time last year, but once you do 2 or 3 track sessions, it gets a lot easier and any anxiety goes away.  The novice group is relatively benign in terms of getting in trouble. SOMEBODY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS...YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

As far as drawing the track is concerned, what is being looked for? I can have a printed map of the track and while looking at it not be able to draw an accurate, proportional rendition of it. I simply can't draw. I know the turns, but my drawings always come out looking like an amoeba undergoing fission! How accurate/proportional does this rendition need to be? I don't need any added apprehension over drawing a map added to the apprehension I already have over attending my first track event. I'm excited about attending, but some of the details have me concerned.

I want you to know what turn comes next. If your learning technique is more hands on then just come and ride it til you know it. Homework has a purpose: to accelerate learning. The fun here is not the surprise of which turn comes next, but the exercise in a turn you know already. If the turns are not a surpirse and turns are predictable your may experience less anxiety. Does that help clarify?

Unfortunately a medical emergency forces me to sell my spot .

I have a spot for this trackday .  $100

If you have never done any kind of riding class -YOU NEED THIS

A track experience is such a great way to learn-don't worry they go slow with the novice group (it's not a race )

I don't want my spot to go to waste...

thanks   

roader said:
roader said:
roader said:
roader said:
roader said:
roader said:
I AM SIGNED AND PAID FOR ATTENDING BUT WILL NOT BE GOING.
I THEREFORE WILL SELL MY SPOT FOR $100.

First message saying they want it gets it.

Even though I gave notice on 12/9/18 I cannot be provided a refund because in this type of event, the money had already gone to the track. However, the attendee list can be changed. Let's use messages for contact. Notify me, I notify Douglas so he can change the name list and verify to you that it has happened and you have a spot. Then you mail me a check.
Roy
****** BUMP... BUMP..
I DON'T KNOW IF DOUGLAS CLOSING LATER TODAY AFFECTS THIS OFFER.!!!

I HAVE BEEN INFORMED I STILL HAVE TIME TO SELL MY SPOT. MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
I am selling this spot for $100.
Thank you
Roy

THIS IS A $50 savings over current signup fee!!
BUMP

Still Available If You're Wanting To Attend.

Thanks guys. THE SLOT IS STILL AVAILABLE.  Obtain it by messaging me.
The price will not be reduced below $100.

BUMP
I gave notice 12/9/18 and it's still available for $100
Roy

Some of you have to be on the fence, and want to go!!!
If so, grab up Roader or Steiny's slots and come on down!

If your on the fence,,, get off the rail.
      Some of you may be concerned that you can't go fast e'nuff and are overwhelmed by the idea of a track day.
      I felt the same way last year.   
      Don't be concerned....  Any rider can learn from the experience. {Even rookies like Cliff}  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

Last year I was apprenhensive since I have never been on a track before and was thinking this might be a race,  It isn't, it is a learning experience and if not for my neck, I would be there again this year.  It is a great experience,  so get off da fence

I'd take one of those spots, but I'm teaching a class Thursday nights until 9:50 pm and did not think ahead  :-[ 

No way I could do that and make it down in time for the class on Friday. (The class is my "bike money" and hopefully is preparing a path for a PT job when I retire.)

Maybe next year, if this happens again, I'll think ahead.  Y'all have fun, but be safe.

ron203 said:
I'd take one of those spots, but I'm teaching a class Thursday nights until 9:50 pm and did not think ahead  :-[ 

No way I could do that and make it down in time for the class on Friday.

Take one Ron. There is no class on Friday, only a track walk just before sunset. Friday is just for getting there, taping bike & setting up tent.

No excuse's!  :nananana:

Just Cliff said:
ron203 said:

No way I could do that and make it down in time for the class on Friday.

Take one Ron. There is no class on Friday, only a track walk just before sunset. Friday is just for getting there, taping bike & setting up tent.

No excuse's!  :nananana:

+1

Ron, {you cannot get into the track after about 10:00 PM}, but there is a motel in the area that you could arrange late arrival/stay for Friday night. {See first posts}

Then come to the track Sat morning.  If you trailer, we'll help you unload and put on tape.
Or, you could do the first session on my bike.
Heck,,,, I'll even bring ya some Lone Star err Shiner Bock for the evening gathering..

Ride safe, Ted

They seem to be wrong a lot, one day out... a week out, I think a spinner would be more accurate  :rotflmao:

Right now forecast from weather.com says high 72, 10% chance. I'm bringing a fan and a canopy. I recommend you all do the same. This event is a workout, mentally and physically. At 72F you will be sweating I promise....

Douglas said:
Right now forecast from weather.com says high 72, 10% chance. I'm bringing a fan and a canopy. I recommend you all do the same. This event is a workout, mentally and physically. At 72F you will be sweating I promise....

What Doug said, and bring bottle water, you will drink a lot of it, or should

Cliff, Jim Snyder ain't gonna make it..
So you can drink the water I wuz bringing for him.

Are you bringing your coffee maker?

Ride safe, Ted

Sorry you 2 won't be there, but glad that someone will be using them!!

I've started getting things ready for the trip.
Checked brakes and mounted new tires on my bike yesterday.

Ride safe, Ted

Shout out to everyone here: Remember to bring blue painters tape, available at any home improvement store. Bring water, like a gallon of it. If you have a popup canopy, bring that too. And bring your lawn chairs. If you have a fan, bring that too. It'll be 72F in the daytime. Trust me, you'll be sweating. This is a workout, mentally and physically.

Many of you will be renting gear at the track shop. Suits are $60 last I checked. Boots were $20, gloves $10. You must be hiding your skin. No wrists showing. Stop at the gate to give $10 for the weekend pass when you get there. That's your wristband for the whole weekend. Camping is included in that price. We have somebody at the gate starting at 2pm Friday, closing the gate at 9:45pm sharp. Get there early if you want to do the track walk. Figure we will start the walk at 5:30. If you've never been to a track walk, or this track, this will be enlightening. This dude is way cooler than me but this gives you an idea of what a track walk is all about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CraOdr-X3M

Oh one more thing. Park yourself in a paddock near the bleachers. That's our end where we can all stay together and enjoy some lawn space  :beerchug:

Douglas said:
Oh one more thing. Park yourself in a paddock near the bleachers. That's our end where we can all stay together and enjoy some lawn space  :beerchug:

Same place as last year then. I'll arrive in south GA thurs. night, so I'll be there fairly early.

Douglas said:
We have somebody at the gate starting at 2pm Friday,

Douglas - Can we get in earlier than 2:00? Like Cliff, I'm trying to stay in S. GA (Valdosta) Thursday night. I have to ride over towards Tallahassee Friday morning but I hope to be at the track about 12 or 1:00.

Also we'll be traveling down I-95 from central NC on Thursday, pulling out around 8-9 AM. That should put us in Florence SC about 10:30-11:00 and Savannah around 3:00, Valdosta by 5:30? We can do a little earlier or later, no appointments until Friday morning. If anyone is planning the I-95 run south on Thursday and you want to hook up & caravan, just PM me your phone number and I'll call you or text you back, let me know your preference.

We're trailering the bikes, I have about 300 pounds of materials to drop off for work.

Cape Fear said:
Savannah around 3:00, Valdosta by 5:30? We can do a little earlier or later, no appointments until Friday morning. If anyone is planning the I-95 run south on Thursday and you want to hook up & caravan, just PM me your phone number and I'll call you or text you back, let me know your preference.

Wow 2 1/2 hours from Savannah to Valdosta.  If you plan on going through Waycross and US 84 to Valdosta there  is  a lot of road construction just west of Waycross, be prepared for delays

Bill said:
Good Cliff, save me a spot so you can here me snore all night :))

No problem Bill, it'll be about 8 - 10 pads from me!  :nananana:

Cape Fear said:
Douglas - Can we get in earlier than 2:00? Like Cliff, I'm trying to stay in S. GA (Valdosta) Thursday night. I have to ride over towards Tallahassee Friday morning but I hope to be at the track about 12 or 1:00.

I'll be just down the road in Dixie at my cousins house. I plan to be there by 1 or 2, want be in a hurry.

COGnosticator said:
I will be bringing a lot of water, and a kureig coffee pot and a cooler with ice

:great: 

I'm bring a little water, a few cokes, a little ice, a lot of stuff that I probably won't need,,, ,, and some "Shiner"..
It's really a shame that Ron isn't coming….

Ride safe, Ted

Just Cliff said:
I'll be just down the road in Dixie at my cousins house. I plan to be there by 1 or 2, want be in a hurry.

Small world, I have a nephew that lives in Dixie.  His name is Craig Duke, ask you cousin if he knows him, cause Dixie GA ain't that big  LOL

connie_rider said:
Sorry you 2 won't be there, but glad that someone will be using them!!

I've started getting things ready for the trip.
Checked brakes and mounted new tires on my bike yesterday.

Ride safe, Ted

+1  It would have been a shame to see the slots wasted.  Come out next year steiny and roader...I have a feeling 'Track Day with Re' will be around for a while.

Latest weather forecast, a little cooler than earlier projected, especially Friday night  :-\

Attachments

• weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 121
I plan to have a coffee station set up. We can do without a lot of things camping, but coffee to start the day and adult beverages to end the day are a must. I use to do this for all COG events, so kind of have it down pat. Maybe Jerry can take these two 42 cup coffee pots back with him to get them back into use.
Hey all you New England Patriots haters (gesture). See you knuckleheads Friday

IronButtAl said:
I plan to have a coffee station set up. We can do without a lot of things camping, but coffee to start the day and adult beverages to end the day are a must. I use to do this for all COG events, so kind of have it down pat. Maybe Jerry can take these two 42 cup coffee pots back with him to get them back into use.
Hey all you New England Patriots haters (gesture). See you knuckleheads Friday

Damn, there goes the neighborhood  :rotflmao:  I won't bring my keurig then, but I will bring a few gallons of water and a case of 16oz waters too.  I will be glad to take the coffee pots with me.  Kurt told me he is coming down also, he may want to take them as I won't be at the first couple of rallies this year.  I do plan on being at the June 28th rally though.

Attachments

• flair.png
    flair.png
    370.2 KB · Views: 118
COGnosticator said:
Wow 2 1/2 hours from Savannah to Valdosta.  If you plan on going through Waycross and US 84 to Valdosta there  is  a lot of road construction just west of Waycross, be prepared for delays

Yeah I see now Google puts that stretch at 3:15, so probably more like 3:45 for me. And I see it's routing off of 84 west of Waycross, out 122 and then south again. No worries, I'm not on anybody's clock Thursday.

Douglas said:
2pm gates open. 9:45 they close. Not a minute earlier and not a minute later.
Roger that. 2:00 it is then.

Cape Fear said:
Yeah I see now Google puts that stretch at 3:15, so probably more like 3:45 for me. And I see it's routing off of 84 west of Waycross, out 122 and then south again. No worries, I'm not on anybody's clock Thursday.

Good idea, I will do that also, to 441 then go south.  I hate road work delays even if I have all day to get somewhere  LOL  Patience is not one of my virtues 

I'm all ready...should be able to see the terror in your eyes with this.  :)  :)  :)  :) :nananana:

mtWZiCx.jpg

Swampcat said:
I'm all ready...should be able to see the terror in your eyes with this.  :)  :)  :)  :) :nananana:

mtWZiCx.jpg

How about if I just close my eyes?  Relax, I won't.  :)

Irene

Well I finally get to participate for this.  The last two years being sick and recovering from surgery prevented me but I'm all in.  The bike is trailered and things are packed for the weekend.  I'm looking forward to improving my riding skills but I'm being honest, I do have some apprehension.  But I'll get over that hurdle.  Thanks Doug for setting all of this up.

Irene

Hope everyone is having a great time ,

I am ready wishing I was there ,  It's 20 Degrees here in Ohio ....

Have fun and be safe  :) :)

Photos!

As of posting time, these are still uploading and should be done by about 9 p.m. Eastern time. These have had nothing more than a basic treatment and some need to be cropped. I thought it best to get them up as soon as possible since the latest Concourier is also in the works and I need to get back to working on that.

It was a great day and it appears that everyone developed new skills — photographer included! Enjoy!

https://gallery.edpalmer.me/COG/Sport-Touring-School-2019/

Swampcat said:
Photos!

As of posting time, these are still uploading and should be done by about 9 p.m. Eastern time. These have had nothing more than a basic treatment and some need to be cropped. I thought it best to get them up as soon as possible since the latest Concourier is also in the works and I need to get back to working on that.

It was a great day and it appears that everyone developed new skills — photographer included! Enjoy!

Nice! Thanks Ed.

MtnRider said:
Nice!

Why the tape over the headlights? (Nope, never been to a bike track day)
Safety. In case of an accident, the tape helps keep glass and plastic debris off the track or at least help contain it to make cleanup easier.

Thanks, Doug ! for all your effort.

The Guy that had Hazardous written on his back, was he part of our group?

ron203 said:
Swampcat said:
Photos!

It was a great day and it appears that everyone developed new skills — photographer included! Enjoy!

Nice! Thanks Ed.

Yes! Thanks for the photos, Ed!

I'm not a pro like Ed is, and this is one of my first attempts at making photos available...
Please let me know if any of you have trouble accessing them. It was a fun day!
I'll apologize ahead of time if there is a clear bias towards photos of Irene  :)
I'll echo what Ed said... I learned more about taking these kinds of photos - every time!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ecPYasi4HazvskoZ9

Jorge

Jorge said:
I'm not a pro like Ed is, and this is one of my first attempts at making photos available...
I'll apologize ahead of time if there is a clear bias towards photos of Irene  :)
I'll echo what Ed said... I learned more about taking these kinds of photos - every time!

Jorge

You're being too modest...those are excellent! Thanks for making them available.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you and most of the others. I had to get back to Tampa and wanted to avoid riding at night on I-75.

Swampcat said:
Jorge said:

Jorge

You're being too modest...those are excellent! Thanks for making them available.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you and most of the others. I had to get back to Tampa and wanted to avoid riding at night on I-75.

Those ARE good!  Thanks Jorge.

Regarding night on I-75...day, night... most of the other drivers can't half see anyway.... :D

Swampcat said:
Jorge said:

Jorge

At least I did get to say goodbye to you Ed.  I'm glad you were wise and headed back home safe and sound.