• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

4th Annual 2020 COG Sport-touring School

ron203

Southeast Area Director
That's not good. Maybe Doug's got a candidate. Good luck with your "stuff."  :(

Douglasjre

Awesome weather report for our event is predicted: https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/6f139251d6acba114c0a0e0a5b39f117a83f568961af7a89d9a633428e357900

Track opens at 2pm Friday for us. Remember to stop at the gate booth when you get there.  :welcome:  Then go to the near end of the paddock where there are bleachers, by Turn 1.

How is your track map looking? Wanna post it up here? Remember to bring it with you. Also bring a pen for the track walk and class the next day.

The new building is now finished with classrooms  :)

connie_rider

I have a suggestion for those lucky folks that are attending the event.
Before you go, "take some time to learn the various flags that they use at the track".

Explanation;
Last year, we were flagged because of an incident on the track.
Apparently no one knew what the flag meant because everyone slowed, but {kinda} kept riding around the track.
                                    :stupid:
  {I think we were supposed to pull over or exit the track}.  :loco:

{Rightfully so} The guy in charge was upset and pulled us all off the track.
    Where he chewed us out pretty good, and almost threw us out for the day for being unsafe.  :angry: :angry: :angry:
      Luckily, he recognized our confusion "stupid looks" and allowed us to continue.  :c017:  :13: :dance:

Don't get in that position.
  Learn the flags and what your supposed to do if they flag you.
    Then (if you see a flag) don't follow the guy** in front of you.
          Do what your supposed to do!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: ** I was following Cliff and he thought we were supposed to keep riding...  ;)

Just Cliff

Unfortunately it doesn't appear I'm gonna make down this year. I was really looking forward to just hanging out with friends & skipping the track this year.  :'( To make it even worse my departure temperature was going to be above freezing with no rain for the 1st time & Doug had to post that awesome weather report.

ron203

Southeast Area Director
I'm kinda with Cliff. Our forecast in N.Ga is for Thursday monsoons, followed by clearing and rising temps from the 30's on Friday, then heading up to nice for the w/e. If I see I can make it the first 200 miles, I think I'll come down and camp. Waiting on the weather.

connie_rider

Good weather, great track, Ron's going, {Cliff isn't  :great:}, Victor's spot is open, and I can't go...  arghhhh!!!!!    :mad:

Ride safe, Ted

ron203

Southeast Area Director
No problem Ted. Just a little "teasing" (and envy..). See you somewhere soon.
Ron

swampcat

Street Cruiser
I'll be there with the camera and the big lens again. Won't be able to camp (back's bugging me) and I have to leave Saturday afternoon, but I want to hang out, watch the festivities, and enjoy seeing those who can make it while I can be there.

Douglasjre

Ted, 8:30AM Saturday morning riders meeting teaches the flags.

Ed, You're awesome. your pictures are the best. The ones I really love the most are the ones of what's going on in pit row. I really like that picture of Randy Gardner doing a tire change after dark in the pits. Everyone was gathering around and helping. Good times  :)

swampcat

Street Cruiser
Douglas said:
Ed, You're awesome. your pictures are the best. The ones I really love the most are the ones of what's going on in pit row. I really like that picture of Randy Gardner doing a tire change after dark in the pits. Everyone was gathering around and helping. Good times  :)

That pic was taken by Irene or Jorge. Pretty sure it was Irene, as she has the touch with capturing the moment and emotions. I'll try to fill in as best I can, but I seem to do better with the big glass capturing the track. I'm bringing a 200-500 zoom this year. It doesn't quite have the reach of the 150-600 I used last year, but is supposed to be faster focusing and sharper at the extreme end of the zoom.

connie_rider

Douglas said:
Ted, 8:30AM Saturday morning riders meeting teaches the flags.

I agree. Just offering a heads up.
I mention it only because we didn't do as were supposed to when the flags were shown.
Don't want this years class to make the same mistake.

NOTE: We all had attended the flag discussion and still didn't react correctly.

Ya'll have fun!!
Ride safe, Ted

Ranger Jim

Only about half the field reacted correctly to the RED flag. :-[  Unfortunately, EVERYONE got chewed out.

motocommuter

Great weekend at the 4th annual COG Sport Touring track day!! A huge thank you to Doug Re for taking the time to instruct us on riding techniques and having a safe venue to practice them. Doug, THANK YOU!! Apparently this years group was much better behaved as we did not get yelled at.
I learned many new riding techniques and feel that I have improved my riding skill. Looking forward to doing it again next year.

blk14jrs

Thanks for everything Doug and Kurt...great event with lots of learning and as always, just great people.  Hope all made it back home safe.

swampcat

Street Cruiser
My pics are coming soon. I took more photos Saturday than ever before. Last year the number was about 900 (and after editing I ended up with just under 500 between Jorge's, Irene's, and mine). This year I shot 2800, which I got down to 600 in the first cull (no bike in shot, half a bike, rider's head chopped, out of focus, "he's not in our group!???", etc.). I'll lightly edit the remaining ones and do a second pass to get out the ones that have other technical issues, then put them in my Smugmug folio and post the link. I'll try to get that done within the next day.

I had an awesome time, and even though I didn't ride this year I still learned some things just by hanging out. Doug, as always, you do a great job of breaking it all down for us, not to mention the hours or organization, phone calls, emails, and so forth that you put in getting this set up for us. Major kudos.  :beerchug: :beerchug:

swampcat

Street Cruiser
The photos are up now. See https://gallery.edpalmer.me/COG/Sport-Touring-School-2020/. These are free for private use; use the download button that will appear in the lower right corner when you hover over the photo with a mouse. If shared, I would appreciate being given credit. Note that I do retain copyright on these and the others I have posted along the way.

I had a great time with everyone this weekend, and thanks for letting me stick a lens in your faces!

mspickelmier

Thanks!!  I saw some of the pictures on FB.  Looks like a fantastic event, I will have to start planning for 2021!

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
Swampcat said:
The photos are up now. See https://gallery.edpalmer.me/COG/Sport-Touring-School-2020/. These are free for private use; use the download button that will appear in the lower right corner when you hover over the photo with a mouse. If shared, I would appreciate being given credit. Note that I do retain copyright on these and the others I have posted along the way.

I had a great time with everyone this weekend, and thanks for letting me stick a lens in your faces!

Thanks for pics. Hopefully I'll make it one of these years ... if they continue to be offered.

Jorge

Wow... looks like another great event at Jennings!
Ed, great photos, as always.

Really missed being there.