• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

94-06 Front tire size?

SJR

What is the correct front tire size for the '94-'06 C10? I have read this before and I know there is an opinion of what is recommended and what is correct. I have the AVON Storm 3D 110/80ZR18 on at present, but since the rear needs replaced and the Storm 3D is not available at present for the rear, thinking about going to the Avon Spirit front and rear.

Steve
'00 C10 129k miles

I don’t have a manual in front of me.
I have this note in my phone

Concours tire sizes

120/70/18. 94-06 front

150/80R-16. Rear

+1 to what bob says, I have a note here that says use 110/80/18 if using radials, so you are ok as that's what I'm using. Sizes and makes are limited for the C-10 but there are more than you think. A few threads here dealing with all this info. I've never had a problem finding tires, even early last year, supply may be limited now though. Good luck, they are out there.

Realizing this may not be a option to all but commenting anyway. Tire selection for these beloved C10's can be resolved by going to a 17" conversion for both front and rear. Improves the bike as well as tire shopping!

I went from a 120/70/18 to 110/80/18. I can dive left to right as fast going through traffic on the highway with the 110 but it seems to lean into the bends easier and is more stable. Can let go of the bars and it rides straight as an arrow. Wouldn’t go back to the 120. I also had the oem k404 Dunlop before and now have a pirelli radial.

I went to the Metzler 110/80-18 on my C-10. Very impressed by the handling.
Sadly, they don't offer a rear 16" tire in the Z8.
I like it so much that I'm putting a pair on my C-14.

120/70-18 is the stock front for the C10, which has already been answered.

After several Avon radial tire failures in the stock sizes, I decided to go with a set of Shinko bias tires in the 'Wing sizes: 130/70-18 SR733 Front, and 160/80-16 SR734 Rear.
No complaints what-so-ever, especially since my "stoopid" riding days are a thing of the past. They do everything I want them to do. Also, the 17" conversion didn't interest me in the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bud
120/70-18 is the stock front for the C10, which has already been answered.

After several Avon radial tire failures in the stock sizes, I decided to go with a set of Shinko bias tires in the 'Wing sizes: 130/70-18 SR733 Front, and 160/80-16 SR734 Rear.
No complaints what-so-ever, especially since my "stoopid" riding days are a thing of the past. They do everything I want them to do. Also, the 17" conversion didn't interest me in the least.
If you want a great stable tire look at the Avon AM-26's. They are bias ply but you will never know it. They ride smooth and handle like a dream.

If you want a great stable tire look at the Avon AM-26's. They are bias ply but you will never know it. They ride smooth and handle like a dream.

Appreciate it Jim, but I refuse to put another Avon tire on my bike, especially after having three (3) failures, the latter of which left me stranded 370 miles from home late one Sunday afternoon when coming back from a rally. Several others at the Johnson City, TN National kept the NoMar folks busy replacing Avon tires for similar issues.

Appreciate it Jim, but I refuse to put another Avon tire on my bike, especially after having three (3) failures, the latter of which left me stranded 370 miles from home late one Sunday afternoon when coming back from a rally. Several others at the Johnson City, TN National kept the NoMar folks busy replacing Avon tires for similar issues.
The Avon bias ply and the radial are two totally different tires. The AM-26 tire is awesome. I ran several sets on my C-10 before I did the 17" conversion.

My 06 came with a set of Kenda Cruz in the wing sizes. Awful. Just awful.
I had to wrestle it around corners.
Went to the Avon radials. Cornered so much better, on the first few rides I had to be very careful not to over steer.
The bike felt 100 pounds lighter
I do get the occasional “Connie wiggle”
Airing up the rear shock helped that tremendously Thanks Ted 😁