• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

AfterMarket Radio for Connie?

It depends on how creative u want to be. Several years ago i mounted a am/fm/cd player in the Givi trunk on my 1998 c10. Radio was mount in a marine under dash housing attached to the underside of the top lid. Radio was controlled by a wired remote. I had waterproof speakers mounted near dash by the mirrors, but at speed i couldnt hear them well enough, so i got a j+m audio 2003 motorcycle module. It has a interface that connected to the radio and with their excellent helmets speakers it was fantastic. When i sold the c10 i took off the j+m 2003 a d put it on my c14. Interface connects to my pbone plus it also has a fm tuner/cb and weather bands.

I eventually went with a sena 20s evo thats blue tooth compatible. I heart radio and downloaded music from my phone without any wires...

Years ago I had a CB radio and utilized all the J&M gear to hook it up. As nice as the J&M folks are, the constant cord maintenance was awful. The answer for me is SENA BLUETOOTH. Never looked back. HTH.

Larry

What do you want in a "radio"?

Simple 2-way comms with other highway users and weather-band reception? JMCB-2003.

Are you a licensed radio amateur? Yaesu's FTM-10R or FTM-10SR (the latter is lower power but completely waterproof). These offer AM/FM radio reception, 2M/440 transceive, wide coverage of the VHF/UHF public service bands (including NOAA WX).

FRS/GMRS? Chatterbox made integrated headset units. J&M, MotoChello and a couple others offer the ability to interface one of these portables to a helmet headset and some of the integration units offer a built-in FM stereo tuner.

This is a mighty deep rabbit hole you can go down, depending on your needs for both reception and transmission.

As nice as the J&M folks are, the constant cord maintenance was awful. The answer for me is SENA BLUETOOTH. Never looked back. HTH.
I've not had that problem with any J&M stuff I've used (19 years and counting) but am going to convert one of my C14s to use a Sena SR10 for its transceiver to headset interface. Thus, more headset purchases are in order.

My only complaint about the sena 20evo is the speakers are not as good as the j+m speakers. I was told the sena 50 speakers are better and are abke to be retrofitted to the 20.

Im going to keep my j+m system for my yearly ride with my old riding buddies. None if them ride sport tourers, they all have big dressers with integrated sound systems. The sena ill use with my local buds, as they all have sena's already riding c14, fjr and a triumph or 2.

My only complaint about the sena 20evo is the speakers are not as good as the j+m speakers. I was told the sena 50 speakers are better and are abke to be retrofitted to the 20.

Im going to keep my j+m system for my yearly ride with my old riding buddies. None if them ride sport tourers, they all have big dressers with integrated sound systems. The sena ill use with my local buds, as they all have sena's already riding c14, fjr and a triumph or 2.

Wife and I bought the SENA 20evo set before the National this year. Really like it. Wife had to learn stop talking to herself šŸ˜. ( me: honey, you do realize I can hear you?). šŸ¤£

We use Pandora and Amazon playlist for music

Have heard about the new speakers. Havenā€™t priced em yet. Kinda waiting to hear if theyā€™re worth it
Best
Bob