• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Almost Summer BBQ Lunch Meet & Greet [NY]

johnnylunchbox

NE AAD Hudson Valley
June 11, 2023 1:00PM

Join us for a Meet & Greet lunch gathering for a bit of BBQ exploration in Kerhonkson NY. Our illustrious Hudson Valley AAD found this tasty BBQ joint when traveling past on a trip. An easy to reach destination on the southern edge of the Catskills for folk in NY, NJ. PA, CT, and MA.

Everyone welcome. Weather permitting; no rain date planned.

SUNDAY JUNE 11 @ 1:00 PM

OUTPOST BBQ www.outpostbbqkerhonkson.com
6611 US-209 (NY55), Kerhonkson, NY 12446

Register at: https://concours.org/event-5301470

Thanks to johnnylunchbox for setting up this meet & greet!!

After a nice morning jaunt to the northwest corner of CT, I met up with Mr & Mrs johnnylunchbox in Millerton NY. From there we took a nicely planned route of small backroads west through Pine Plains and towards Tivoli, and then south along to where we crossed the Hudson River over the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge. From Kingston the route took us on more windy back roads until we arrived in Kerhonkson and the Outpost BBQ. After lunch I had a great solo ride home bee-lining it back.

The Outpost had rustic charm. The staff was friendly and the service was good. The food was disappointing. The brisket platter at $22 was was shredded or pulled and was overcooked and had little flavor without adding sauce. The cornbread and side of collard greens was pretty good. However, the baked beans tasted like the just came out of a can with pieces of hotdog added. Soda was sold in cans or there is iced tea and other flavored non-carbonated beverages pre-portioned in cups in a cooler. It was worth the try, but I suspect there are better BBQ joints around.

Looking forward to the breakfast ride to the Catskills in July.