• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Am I the only One ? - NC-WI, South Kettle Moraine Ride

ManWorkingHere

Event ID: 163958   Event Status:  On Schedule

NC-WI, South Kettle Moraine Ride

Join us at the Delafield McDonalds (Hwy 83 & I-94 west of Waukesha) at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 21, 2012, for a nice ride through the South Kettle Morraine. We’ll stop for lunch in Whitewater, loop back up to the Holy Hill area, and wrap up the ride by about 4:00 p.m.

Well, I wasn't the only one there.

Dave picked a great sunny, chilly day to lead out merry band.  Buzz from Middleton pulled in behind me at the Wales BP gas station and introduced himself as we gassed up beforehand.  We went up the hill to find Larry from Big Bend waiting at the McDonalds'. 
042112_1013%255B00%255D.jpg
Jake and Matt, friends of Dave's riding other cycles, joined us there.  Then Cary from Green Bay pulled in on his C-10 in his new-to-him blue Aerostitch with heated gloves and vest.  He came well prepared.
042112_1012%255B00%255D.jpg
042112_1012%255B01%255D.jpg

In general, Dave took us around Silver Lake near Oconomowoc, then through the countryside to Watertown, down to Fort Atkinson via a stretch of Hwy 26, and then back and forth into Whitewater.

We enjoyed a visit to Randy's Restaurant and Fun Hunter's Brewery for Lunch.  None of the onsite brew products were sampled but we did have good sandwiches.

A couple of us needed to gas up after lunch.  The day was nice and sunny and a bit warmer (48F) away from Lake Michigan.
042112_1252%255B00%255D.jpg
042112_1253%255B00%255D.jpg

We zipped around Whitewater Lake and environs there.  After a bunch of scenic views, none of which I captured on my cell phone while riding, we came upon Hwy 12.  Larry left the group to head home for babysitting duties.  The group got split as Dave led Buz, Matt, and Jake to the west toward Madison.  Cary and I headed up Hwy 67 north to Plymouth where we took a gas break.  Cary continued up to De Pere and home while I made my way south down "curvy" Hwy 57 to Greenfield. I put 239 miles on the bike and a big grin on my face today.

thanks, Dave !!!

CU said:
^-^hey matt 410mi. for me nice and toasty!

Glad to see you made it home from Plymouth.  And your computer skills have got you online as well.  Nice job!

When I looked up Permabond, I found items that look like SuperGlue.  It was not obvious to me what I could use to replace fairing tabs.  If your buddy has a product label or other description it would be helpful.

Of course, I should just buzz up to DePere some weekend and we'll just fix it right.  :)

See you at Nationals if not sooner!