• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Americade 2018

terrynyc

Due to the national being a skosh too far for me I'll be attending Americade for the week.  If anyone is planning to attend drop a post here.  I would like to plan a day ride up to Lake Placid via the tasty new route from the last fall rally.  See you there! :great: :motonoises:

June 4th- 9th? Bet Motel Montreal is not $50 a night. But it sounds so good! Wonder if it will be cooler than last fall when we hit the high 90's for temps........

Now that Scotty moved to Queensbury we stay at his luxurious estate. ;)

After Motel Montreal changed hands back in 2004 the price rose accordingly as the new owner made improvements.  Last year we actually stayed there was 2008.

Terrynyc said:

After Motel Montreal changed hands back in 2004 the price rose accordingly as the new owner made improvements.  Last year we actually stayed there was 2008.
But back in the olden days there was
logo.png

COG-528 said:
Terrynyc said:

But back in the olden days there was
logo.png

Terry might have meant O'Sullivan's instead of Montreal. He has told me that a lot about O'Sullivan's. Of course I could be wrong. As far as COG rallies go, it would fit the story Terry has told me as per COG events. We have been to the Motel Montreal numerous times in recent years, but not to O'Sullivan's for a long time. Of course this is a thread about Americade and not necessarily COG events. So like I said, I could be wrong.

Back in the olden days, 1990s, the Long Island crowd used to get a lakeside Log Cottage at O'Sullivans's for Ameridcade.  Whereas Vicki & I used to stay in a room close to the street at The Sundowner.  According to their websites The Sundowner & Motel Montreal are now "Sister Properties".

Bump....
New guy here, I have a 2000 Connie.  I'll be free on June 9th for a ride from lake George to  lake Placid if everything goes right was hoping to leave early. Staying at forest hill lodge. If anyone out there wants to ride let me know.

Terrynyc said:
Due to the national being a skosh too far for me I'll be attending Americade for the week.  If anyone is planning to attend drop a post here.  I would like to plan a day ride up to Lake Placid via the tasty new route from the last fall rally.  See you there! :great: :motonoises:
Where are you staying Terry?

I'm staying at the Sorger compound in Queensbury, also known as Scott's house.  LOL ;)
Looking at the long range forecast it looks good up to Wednesday so as of right now I'm shooting for that day to be our COG ride.  It's still early though so stay tuned for updates. 
There's been a slight change in plans and instead of leaving on Sunday I'm heading to my brother's place in Stroudsburg for my niece's graduation party on Saturday the ninth so enjoy the day and don't forget to hit Tracy Rd! :motonoises: :great:

OK long range forecast just flipped and Wednesday is calling for 30% chance of showers.  Thursday looks dry so we're gonna try for then but it could change again.  Stay tuned for updates. ;)

Thursday is holding steady as a dry day so far.  General plan is to meet at the Mobil station on Rt 9N right off the northway kickstands up at 8am ish?  Then we head up to Lake Placid via the back roads for lunch at the Lake Placid Brewpub and return.

Please drop a post if you will join us.

The Mobil station is directly off exit 21 of the Northway.  Looks like the best day of the week so for.

COG-528 said:
Back in the olden days, 1990s, the Long Island crowd used to get a lakeside Log Cottage at O'Sullivans's for Ameridcade.  Whereas Vicki & I used to stay in a room close to the street at The Sundowner.  According to their websites The Sundowner & Motel Montreal are now "Sister Properties".

Hey Mike, reading thru the thread, I noticed you're in Hawthorne.  I grew up in Oakland.  Very fond memories of Americade.  Did that trip in '83 & '84 on a Yam RD400 (adopted from dad), and then 85-87 on my Suz GS550ES.  Always stayed in some cabins up off the lake, but the name escapes me.

Shawn said:
COG-528 said:

Hey Mike, reading thru the thread, I noticed you're in Hawthorne.  I grew up in Oakland.  Very fond memories of Americade.  Did that trip in '83 & '84 on a Yam RD400 (adopted from dad), and then 85-87 on my Suz GS550ES.  Always stayed in some cabins up off the lake, but the name escapes me.
Yes there are lots of cabins up off the lake to pick from especially if you don't stay on Canada Street in the Village.

Ok, we are travelling up on Thursday, so wont be able to make the Lake Placid ride with you guys. If it gets pushed out to Friday post it here.
Something they are doing new this year;
What is up with shutting down Canada St in the village for a band area. Has that happened yet or is just nightly.
People riding from the North and the South coming into the village to a nearly dead end street?
I used to get around the village by taking the sideroads around the high school and Adirondack brewery to stay off of Canada St, those side streets are going to be a mess. I hope it works out.

I think it’s only for one night but I could be wrong.  The check in is no longer in the Holiday Inn it’s across the street further toward town.  Tourexpo was smaller and no longer in the Million Dollar Beach parking area but in the former Gaslight Village which was turned into a park.

Did Mama Kaw show up with demo bikes...er, maybe an H2-SX?  ;D

I'll be stopping in for a few hours tomorrow afternoon.

No show for Kawasaki again.  Aprilia/Moro Guzzi and KTM are here with sport bikes but no one else.  The chances of an H2 demo are slim to none even if they did show.

Had a nice ride up to Lake Placid enjoying nice weather and great back road riding.  Had seven bikes and eight folks in total.  Lunch at the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery with good food and good people.  Tom I hope all is well we waited until 8:30 before we finally pulled out.  Only negative was a nice three inch finishing nail finding a home in my rear tire!  Didn't find out until stopping for a post ride cigar break at Queensbury Pipe and Tobacco.  Guess while the tire was hot it was holding air but as soon as it cooled down not so much!  Thankfully the nearest dealer had a suitable tire in stock and after paying 210 bucks for a 150 dollar tire and some grunt work on Scotty's Nomar tire changer baby had a new shoe and the fun can continue.  They were nice enough to throw in a free can of Honda spray cleaner, I feel so special! ;)

Jeez, the Po-Po certainly were out yesterday heading up the Northway! A single unmarked black Charger was targeting “offenders” with at least 4 chase cars with people pulled over...of course, they were targeting the area a mile south of where the speed limit changes to 65 while still 55mph, which is kinda ridiculous on a 3? lane highway.....Mama Kaw must’ve baked in Radar absorbent spooky stuff into my Candy diamond red 2009, BC no performance awards for me yesterday  :great:

BTW, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Motus, Slingshot and Indian were all there too...WTF Kawasaki??

Terry- My apologies to you and all concerned. I woke up sick as a dog Friday morning and never even thought to contact anyone. It sounds like you had a good time. Sorry to have missed it.

Tom Taylor COG#7173