• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Amy asks about hitch carriers for a CRF

ManWorkingHere

'Amy' asked me to check with a bunch of knowledgeable, modest, intelligent motorcycle owners for her question.

Having failed to find any here, I decided to post her question anyway:  ;D

"Do you know anyone who use a hitch mounted carrier to transport their bike. I bought another Honda (2017 CRF) for the dirt and am, looking at different transport options?"

I don't know of anyone that uses them, but I was at the Sport Touring School in Jennings this weekend and saw several vehicles there with carriers on the rear.
(Unfortunately, I did not see all the bikes they carried, but I did see one that transported a 600 cc Honda race bike.)

Bottom line: Others use them and they work.

Ride safe, Ted

I use one to transport my dual-sport (Chinese HAWK 250).  I've also carried my new Versys X-300 on it. As long as the carrier will support the weight of the motorcycle and the vehicle has at least a Class 3 hitch, a hitch carrier is a viable option They do put a lot of weight on the tail end of the vehicle but (at least on my Ford F150) it is easily manageable. HTH.