• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any love for (West) Michigan COGgers this season?

LessPaul

Street Cruiser
Does COG have any plans for rides in Mushagain this season? There never seems to be much going on with COG in MI, that I can see.

I know, I know....offer to organize something and make it happen.  ;D

Terry,

I "might" be persuaded to ride over that way for a R-t-E at Rosie's ...or... the Clifford Lake Inn ;D
I know some of the gang have been to Hickory Corners too, along w/ the Common Grounds coffee shop on E. Fulton...

.....or........

while it's not on the left side per say.... the Country Table in White Pigeon serves up some good home cookin'... and who can't resist those dogs at the Saucy Dog in Jonesville?

Hey Tim, I met you in Stockbridge last summer.  My average R-t-E distance is 4-6 hours round trip.  But I guess that's why we ride Connies.  Pick a spot anywhere between Benton Harbor and Jackson and I'll meet ya for lunch.  If you go the Jackson direction I'm sure some Detroit area riders will join us. :motonoises:

Lots of good routes near the Irish Hills, Pinckney, Waterloo, etc.

"The Minnesota group is looking to head up to Copper Harbor. Is that west Michigan ?"

Heh! Yeah, technically.  :truce:  The whole Lake Superior shoreline is awesome. Keweenaw is way cool. I went to college at MTU in Houghton. Rode my ol' CB350 allllll over the Keweenaw.

The northwest lower is loaded with sweet roads...Tunnel of Trees, Wilderness State Park area, M22....

Rosie's?  Might have to wait a bit. It's been closed for a few years.
http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2014/09/is_iconic_rosies_diner_opening.html

I'm in for a rendezvous when it warms up here. Getting ready for 5-10 below this weekend, PMS has really set in. We'll have to get some rides or luch-dinner stops this summer. Going to Chicago for the bike show this weekend, it'll feel good to throw a leg over some bikes.

Gilmore vintage show and swap meet in Hickory Corners is June 14, with a ride the day before for bikes made pre-1989. Last year I took my CB 750. Might be a place to meet up!

Your allways wellcome to come back to my place, Traverse City for a weekend ride in.
Last time you all stayed at a local camp grounds where I work on events. Tomorrow
Saturday I am working on a 50km cross country race. ( am projected temp -0.
Anyway would be glad to have another event riding or wrenching or what ever after
the national.