• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any One Try Continental - Conti Motion Sport Touring Radial

I've got a set I plan on putting on this weekend (had to give em a try for 167 bucks) I will update once they are on.

I may be wrong. But IIRC, someone had tried them and they wore out real fast. I guess we'll see if this is true or not now that AftonJay1 has bought them!

i got  only 2930 miles on mine before it was worn through wear bars and had a flat, it felt real thin too

I just put a pair of ContiRoad Attack 2's on my 2009 C-14, and boy, did they change the way the bike handles.  The original Bridgestone 021's felt like they fell into corners and you needed to push the bike out of the turn at the end.  The ContiRoad's feel very neutral in how the bike handles.  Take a set on a line and they track perfectly.  And do they grip the road.  Not sure how they will wear over the long haul, or how they may compare to other tires on the market, but I love how they have changed the way my bike handles.  I only have about 900 miles on them right now.  I'll let you know how they wear.

Incidentally, I got 5,100 miles on my original Bridgestones.  The front really wore out the sides during my recent ride in northern Idaho with the COG during the Bun Cooler.  At the same time I picked up a staple in the rear, which still had a lot of tread left, but I thought I might as well change them out.

Well finally got a chance to put the ContiMotions on this weekend.  Only took a short ride that day and rode to work today, but they so far so good.  The only thing i have noticed so far is they seem to transmit more of the bumps than the stock Bridgstones did, maybe a stiffer sidewall or something.  I will keep you posted on wear and such.

I've been running conti motions on my 09 since I replaced the stockers. I'm at 34,000 miles now and most of that is on the Continentals. I find them to be a great tire for the price. I just replaced a rear tire which ran 8300 miles. I pushed it a bit as cords were starting to show but that is a typical mileage I get from the rear. On the front I go about 10-12,000 miles. Since I haven't used other tires than the stockers I can't offer comparison but I do like the Continentals far better than the Bridgestones. I bought my most recent tires from Cycle Gear, the rear was $120. In my opinion you can't go wrong with this tire.

I ordered a set today from Comp Acc, $170 shipped  ;D  I will  report back later on the mileage I get.  It might take a couple of months though  :-\

Cap'n Bob said:
Jerry, your becoming quite the test mule for tires!  :))

Yep, and as long as they only last 3-4k miles I will test a lot in one year  :(  I will be happy if I get 6k from the rear, I keep saying I am going back to the Pirelli Angel, but keep trying something different and inexpensive  ::)

my front stocker is almost gone ... so i am very interested in these reports ... thanks for taking the time.
i might get 4k out of the front.

I have them on my ZRX which I ride much harder than my C14.  I have about 2k on them, and for me, on that bike, is alot of miles.
So far, I'm really happy with how they stick and wear, especially for the price.
It's much lighter than the C14, so I wasn't sure how well they would hold up to the extra tonnage, so I'm curious as to others reports..

So far i like the way these handle, although havent been in rain yet.  Got 6000 out of the stock ones (Bridgestones) but it was actually the condition of the front that made me replace them, the back still looked pretty good.  I guess i am hard on the brakes more than i am hard on the gas

Got mine in today, I will be putting them on this coming weekend

The rear was made 7th week of 2011, front 27th week of 2010.