• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anybody got a OEM seat lying around that they'd let me borrow?

captainmarko

I will be happy to pay shipping back and forth.

One of the first things I want to do is the Spencer seat mod, but I don't want to be without the bike the minute I get it either.  If you'd let me borrow it for as long as it takes to get mine done and back on the bike, I'll send it right back.

Unharmed.

I'm only 6', 180lbs.  No smashing of cushion.

Just curious.  I see a lot of aftermarket seats out there so I'm betting that there are a lot of stock seats gathering dust in garages.

I know I'm a new guy around here, but I spent a few years over on the the gl1800riders forum, so Fred can probably vouch for my not having a bad rep.......at the very least .

:)

joe in calif said:
He said
"I will be happy to pay shipping back and forth."

Thank you Captain Obvious. I'm talking about the arrangements when I drop off the seat. Is there a way he can pre-pay for the package.

Nomadicfireman said:
Thank you Captain Obvious. I'm talking about the arrangements when I drop off the seat. Is there a way he can pre-pay for the package.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

HA!

Captain Obvious strikes again!

nomadicfireman-  Someone PM'd me and depending on how that works out, it looks like I'm set.

If it doesn't work out, I'll contact you.  Easy to take care of so you won't be out any money.  I send you money and you take the seat to a UPS store with an address and drop it off.

Oddly enough the first person who offered was from Austin.  Austin must be a kind place to live. 

Thanks for the offer.

I'd offer mine but my Corbin is still being made. Not sure how long it'll be. I'm on the east coast but would have no problem shipping it out to you.

captainmarko said:
HA!

Captain Obvious strikes again!

nomadicfireman-  Someone PM'd me and depending on how that works out, it looks like I'm set.

If it doesn't work out, I'll contact you.  Easy to take care of so you won't be out any money.  I send you money and you take the seat to a UPS store with an address and drop it off.

Oddly enough the first person who offered was from Austin.  Austin must be a kind place to live. 

Thanks for the offer.

No problem. Austin is a great place. A little weird but harmless. I'll keep checking the site. Good luck.