• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anybody interested in a Rider Training/Track Day in Central Texas?

connie_rider

The reason I'm posting this is; I need to know if there is any interest?
So; Would anyone be interested in a School/Track day?

Below are my initial findings.
Let me know what you think?

Over the past 3 years, Doug Re has arranged a Rider Training / Track Day in Jennings Florida.
I went to 2 of them. Everyone that attended, learned a lot, and had a blast! {Even Robert}

I recently started checking into the idea of doing one in Central Texas. {as Jennings is too far for many of us}
I've found 3 Tracks that could work. The most central is in Cresson Texas. {South of Ft Worth}

* Yes; I already begged Doug for help. (He's agreed to assist me in the planning and possibly do the class).
NOTE: 1 thing I found is the Track offer's a "Ride Smart Class" that is very similar to what Doug presented.
* It may be necessary for us to use their "Ride Smart Class" as they may not allow COG/Doug to put on our own Class.
(I'll check into that)

If we do the Ride Smart Class, Rent leathers, collect $$ {to cover COG insurance}, and mebbe do a Burger Burn;;
I think we're looking at about $250 for the weekend/Track Day..
By the way, I also checked at COTA (Circuit of the America's) and the same school / track day would cost about $500.
If we do the Ride Smart Class; suspension tuning is available for a reasonable charge.
Camping is available at the track, and a Motel is near by.
Gas stations are near by.
Almost any bike will do. {ie; No Rat bikes/ FJR's allowed, but they buy the beer} <evil grin>
* The Video's show sport Bikes, but the Connie's did great at Jennings.
You can use your stock tires if their nearly new, and Tires might be available at the track.
Glass on the bikes will need tape, and helmets must be non modular / Snell approved.
No oil leaks.
Fairings/etc must be secure.
Not sure if Go Pro Camera's are approved on the bikes. {Mebbe}
Thinking of doing this in the Fall or Spring. {as leathers and Summer Texas Weather is not a good match}

Let me know if your interested and ask any questions I need to check on.
The video below will answer some of your questions.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I probably sed that wrong. Not sure of exact approval specification?
Just a good full helmet, not a half helmet etc.

But, no one seems to be interested, so this may be a waste of time.

Ride safe, Ted

I see that there have been 53 views, and no one is interested at all in me arranging a Track Day?
I was really hoping for some feedback.

If interested, need input.
If not interested,,, why not?

Ride safe, Ted

Okay, okay. I would be interested but my schedule is filling up fast for this year. The fall would be the soonest I could do something like this. I have always wanted to do this at least once. HTH. šŸ˜†

Ride focused
Dale

Thanx Dale.
I haven't scheduled anything. Time frame is one of the things I need input on.
** I'm looking at the Fall or next Spring as Leathers and Texas heat are not a good mix.

Ride safe, Ted

Ted can you please confirm - price seems very low for renting track for a day. $250 a person or $250 for a private closed track day???

If itā€™s $250 for the day Iā€™d suggest just booking it and getting onto the calendar but I suspect highly that is per person. If the former then I am certain at least 5 people would show and thatā€™s a sane $50 a person...

Before I saw this note; I just talked to the owner of the school.
I didn't think to ask him if this included the track fees. BUT,, {I think it does, and will confirm}.

Err/Uhh; I did ask a number of questions.
(I asked questions, and swapped lies for about 30 minutes). <sly grin>
** I'm targeting the longer Cresson Track {Longer/more turns/more technical} for the class.
** Hope is class in the fall or Spring. {Cooler}
** Camping is ok, so we could; arrive Friday/camp/ride Saturday/camp Sat. night/go home Sunday.
** Motels and gas are nearby.
** Class/ride/class/ride/class/ride/etc throughout the day.. (approx 5-6 sessions)
** Video's of the class riding are sometimes reviewed during the classes for discussion.
** Class will be done while Intermediate's/expert's are on the track, and our group will ride with the Novices.
NOTE: Most have never been on a track and are learning. Novice Class offers the best opportunity to practice new skills.
If anyone is interested, they can ride higher class the next day... {NOTE: Novice to Intermediate is a big step}.
** Later in the day, {as speed increases} passing {with care} is permitted on the outside of most of the turns.
ie; At Jennings, we discovered that the slower riders hampered the faster riders as the day progressed. Controlled passing, will make that better.
** If we can get 20 to attend, (And because of my Military Discount) the group can have a 10% discount. (y) (Approx. $155 ea.}
** Helmets/leathers/boots can be rented if necessary. {Most will only need to rent leathers. I think $50)
NOTE: It may be permissible to use 2 piece leathers or some other Riding Suit for Novice Class.
** As the day progresses, riders will be grouped by speed/skill.
During later sessions, the faster group (and people with Red Bikes) will start first. {Sorry, I couldn't help myself} :ROFLMAO:

More later; Ride safe, Ted

I see that there have been 53 views, and no one is interested at all in me arranging a Track Day?
I was really hoping for some feedback.

If interested, need input.
If not interested,,, why not?

Ride safe, Ted

Put me down for 2 pls. I've got a buddy with a road king that'll want to participate too. While he may not get the same lean angle, he'll be able to learn a lot like the rest of us and is always a hoot to have around.

Thx, AB

Before I saw this note; I just talked to the owner of the school.
I didn't think to ask him if this included the track fees. BUT,, {I think it does, and will confirm}.

(I asked questions, and swapped lies for about 30 minutes). <sly grin>
** I'm targeting the longer Cresson Track {Longer/more turns/more technical} for the class.
** Camping is ok, so we could; arrive Friday/camp/ride Saturday/camp Sat. night/go home Sunday.
** Class/ride/class/ride/class/ride/etc throughout the day.. (approx 5-6 sessions)
** Video's of the class riding are sometimes reviewed during the classes for discussion.
** Class will be done while Intermediate's/expert's are on the track, and our group will ride with the Novices.
NOTE: Most have never been on a track and are learning. Novice Class offers the best opportunity to practice new skills.
If anyone is interested, they can ride higher class the next day... {NOTE: Novice to Intermediate is a big step}.
** Later in the day, {as speed increases} passing {with care} is permitted on the outside of most of the turns.
ie; At Jennings, we discovered that the slower riders hampered the faster riders as the day progressed. Controlled passing, will make that better.
** If we can get 20 to attend, (And because of my Military Discount) the group can have a 10% discount. (y) (Approx. $155 ea.}
** Helmets/leathers/boots can be rented if necessary. {Most will only need to rent leathers. I think $50)
NOTE: It may be permissible to use 2 piece leathers or some other Riding Suit for Novice Class.
** As the day progresses, riders will be grouped by speed/skill.
During later sessions, the faster group (and people with Red Bikes) will start first. {Sorry, I couldn't help myself} :ROFLMAO:

Ok, now it looks like we're getting somewhere. I'm good with either fall or spring, at least at this point in time. Closer to Houston would be better, but a 3-hr hike up to DFW area isn't a deal breaker.

Ze and I will need to rent leathers, but I believe we should be good with the gloves, boots and buckets we've got.

Also, just to clarify, what I hear you saying is that those WITH the flash and/or red paint schemes will be in the first groups? LOL

$155 price per person seems even more reasonable, considering the onsite tutoring and corrective feedback from pros.

Quick questions about protocol. Is this something we pay for upfront, or on the day of arrival? Do we pay into the COG kitty or log onto the track's website and enter a code for the special pricing/event? Will there be fireworks (LOLOLOL)?

Looking forward to it actually! Thx for pulling it together!

Keep smiling, AB

Clarification; Those WITH the flash and red paint schemes will automatically be in the first groups.

Not sure about how to pay yet, nor what the final school fee will be.
{The owner and I aren't done discussing which track we will use, number of openings available,, and resultant discount}.

NOTE: As this will be a COG event, we'll need to have COG insurance, plus we can arrange door prizes, {and possibly a Burger Burn on Saturday night}. We'll work out a registration fee to cover those costs. {Will be less than $25}
My guess is; we will send XX $$ to the School, and also register thru the COG site with XX $$.

On the track selection;
I too would prefer the Houston track, but my hopes are to include members from other parts of the US.
** The {Cresson} track's (near Fort Worth) are more central than the track that is south of Houston.
,,,,,,,,,,(There are 2 Cresson Tracks. Hoping that I can schedule the longer/more technical track).
NOTE: There is also a track near Austin, (COTA / Circuit Of The America's) but it would (more than) double the costs.. o_O

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I am not scheduling anything yet. Just trying to work out details, and find out if we have enough interest??
,,,,,,,,,Anyone that is interested; Please let me know if the Ft Worth Track is central enough to make this do-able??

Last edited:
NOTE: This is intended as a learning day, not a (how fast can you go) Track day.
They'll start slooooow,, teaching what lines to follow thru the turns, and probably end the day with weight shift and Trail Braking.
You'll learn/practice something at each phase. {Both slow and fast riders will learn something new}
All will "naturally" go faster as the day progresses, but the thought is; this is a school with a track. You can learn how to do the turns better (without worrying about traffic/etc) ,
,, and (almost as important) you'll learn to trust what your bike is capable of.

He told me that as the day progresses, they will divide the riders into groups (based on skill/speed), and start the faster group first to keep everyone spread out on the track.

Ride safe, Ted

Just something to check on before you get too far down the road...and something that might get overlooked by those never attending a track day.
I have been to Cresson and in the past they allowed modular helmets. However recently a local group decided to cancel when they were told that modular helmets were not allowed (it dropped the number of participants to a unsupportable number for the track). Now this could be because they were going to be mixing it up touring bikes with sportbikes and not the regular cruiser/tour bikes/street bikes like I went to years ago (in a modular helmet). Just an fyi to check on with the track...it may not apply.

Just something to check on before you get too far down the road...and something that might get overlooked by those never attending a track day.
I have been to Cresson and in the past they allowed modular helmets. However recently a local group decided to cancel when they were told that modular helmets were not allowed (it dropped the number of participants to a unsupportable number for the track). Now this could be because they were going to be mixing it up touring bikes with sportbikes and not the regular cruiser/tour bikes/street bikes like I went to years ago (in a modular helmet). Just an fyi to check on with the track...it may not apply.

Good idea. And if y'all think it makes sense, get the specs for boots/gloves/etc that are allowable for our class bike and level(s).

I don't want to have to buy a pair of knee-high racing boots if I don't need to. And I'd prefer to avoid having to wear a pair of community boots either, as they might be a distraction if the fit isn't as good as the ones I wear now. Every little nuisance that dings our focus/attention will reduce our ability to absorb and incorporate mentor feedback into the experience.

• It took be a bit of searching, but I was successful. Below are the gear requirement's. šŸ¤«
  • NOTE: At the Jennings track {where we did rider training previously) 2 piece suits or Ballistic Nylon suits were not allowed. So, it appears that this track is a bit less strict. {I say appears, because I haven't confirmed with the school that they are allowed at each track}
  • I'll try to find bike requirements next... I suspect they will be the same as Jennings.
  • ie; At Jennings; Bike had to be in safe operating condition/tape over all glass/75% of life left on tires/some sort of max noise requirement.
Ride safe, Ted

Gear Requirements​

All riders MUST have the following gear.
Damage free BSI, ECE, DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield. (flip-up or modular full face helmets are not allowed at MSR (Cresson) or any track in Levels 2 or 3)
After-market Helmet quick release systems are prohibited.
  • Helmet cameras are prohibited at MSR Cresson (anything not manufactured as part of the helmet or after-market attached to the helmet is prohibited at MSR Cresson). Helmet cameras at MSR Houston or COTA must be incorporated with an audio system that is securely attached to the helmet using mechanical (clamping system with screws/bolts) means. Adhesive mounts are prohibited. The only cam that we are aware of that meets this criteria is the Sena unit.
  • Riding boots that fully cover the ankle and extend upwards at least 3".
  • Gauntlet style motorcycle gloves with full wrist coverage extending past the wrist.
  • Riding Suit (one of the following)
    • One piece leather suit
    • Two piece leather suit (Two piece leather suits must zip together for Street Bike, Novice, Intermediate or Advanced groups)
    • Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are only acceptable in the Street Bike or Novice Group provided they are either one piece or two piece that zip together with 50% zipper contact, reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee area.

Success; (y)(y)

Ride safe, Ted

Motorcycle Preparation​

ALL MOTORCYCLES MUST PASS TECHNICAL INSPECTION PRIOR TO ADMITTANCE TO THE TRACK.

• Front and rear brakes in good working condition
  • Motorcycle must not leak any fluids
  • Ethylene Glycol based coolant is allowed
  • Self-closing throttle in good working condition
  • Handle bar mounted, fully functional kill switch/button
  • Tire tread at least 50% of new condition 1
  • All glass and reflective surfaces must be taped over fully 2
  • Brake lights must be disabled 3
  • Side stands are allowed.
  • All valve stems must be capped
  • Wheel balance weights must be secured to the wheels
  • License plates must be removed or taped (including bolts)
  • Any other mechanical issues which may render riding the motorcycle unsafe must be fixed.
  • Spikes, blades (or any other pointed/sharp protrusions) on bodywork, screen, levers, sliders or bar ends, must be removed.
  • On board bike cameras, in addition to any adhesive or mechanical mounts, must be tethered from the case to a point on the bike.
NOTES:
1. Discolored tires due to excessive wear will be disallowed. Our on-site tire service will have a selection of tires to provide riders an opportunity to pass technical inspection (fees for products/services apply).
2. Entire surface of headlight lens, indicator lenses and reflective surface must be covered.
3. Brake lighting must be disabled by removing fuses, or other methods to prevent activation of the light.

Last edited:
These are pretty standard req's. Back in the late 80's when I rode NĆ¼rburgring on the weekends we had to have nuts & bolts drilled+wired, as well as putting our baffle back in our open pipes. One piece leathers were required too, and back in the day nobody even thought about using modular helmets on track. They simply weren't as common to find as they are today, used more by the Autobahnpolizei, Polizia and politiemacht than regular daily hell-raisers.

You rode at NĆ¼rburgring? Your a brave man...
ie; We watched, but the mixture of cars/trucks/bikes/etc etc etc,,, scared the heck out of us.

Update; I haven't received the info from the school I was promised.
Will continue to try to get information.
It kinda surprises me that more people aren't interested in a Training/Track day?
It's a chance to learn/improve our skills, while being able to open our bikes up safely.
C'mon folks. Need feedback..

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
You rode at NĆ¼rburgring? Your a brave man...
ie; We watched, but the mixture of cars/trucks/bikes/etc etc etc,,, scared the heck out of us.

Update; I haven't received the info from the school I was promised.
Will continue to try to get information.
It kinda surprises me that more people aren't interested in a Training/Track day?
It's a chance to learn/improve our skills, while being able to open our bikes up safely.
C'mon folks. Need feedback..

Ride safe, Ted

Yes, there was a handful of us who would ride the 2.5 hrs from Mannheim to the track, tape everything up while having a coffee, refuel and then hit the track for a couple hours. At that time in life we were all about the top speed potential and trying to ride the edges of our tires. I laugh now as I remember we were trying to figure out how to affordably add air-shifters so we could shave a second off our lap times. Chalk it up to the exuberance of youth, and lack of smart money management. LOL

Maybe a "track day" sounds a bit intimidating, as not many older dudes are looking to be Joe Rocket anymore? I still find it intriguing, especially if the price is right and the trip doesn't require major negotiations with my better half. In my case, if I can package the discussion in a safety/rideability context it's a whole lot easier. The moment I talk about going faster or leaning deeper she shuts it down, as we might expect our spouses to do I suppose (if they're not trying to get rid of us). LOLOLOL :^ )

I always wished that I had let Bernd talk me into it. But I was on a BMW 1200LT, sanity ruled, and I'm a coward..

While you were there {riding the Autobahn and NĆ¼rburgring} some of us when over there, and rode this..
Photo;
#1 is Passo Stelvio.
#2: Don't have a clue. (But, it's purty, ain't it?)
#3: Group is the Ahh'merican's that were there. {Look for TeXaS Flag and COG Sticker on sign}
#4; REALLY "handsome" guy {at Gross Glockner} that is trying to arrange this Track/Training Day.
We need more victim's err "more participants".

Attachments

• 20150724_131305.jpg
    20150724_131305.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC02648.JPG
    DSC02648.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC02218.JPG
    DSC02218.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC02250.JPG
    DSC02250.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Getting back to the Training/Track Day; Here are some pictures of the last one we did in Jennings.

Attachments

• 20190209-JenningsGP-EMP_5382-X2.jpg
    20190209-JenningsGP-EMP_5382-X2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC_7884.JPG
    DSC_7884.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC_7730.JPG
    DSC_7730.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Ted turn 1 again.JPG
    Ted turn 1 again.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 153
Nice pictures but why is the red bike always following?

"During later sessions, the faster group (and people with Red Bikes) will start first. {Sorry, I couldn't help myself} :ROFLMAO:"
šŸ¤£

Ahh, Grasshopper. I'm glad you asked.
I didn't include the next picture as I didn't want to embarrass Steve.
OOPs,, Err, I meant to say; I didn't want to embarrass "the unknown rider".
But,,, since you asked.. {see below}
(Ya shoulda known I had a story) šŸ¤ 

Ride safe, Ted

Attachments

• 20190209-JenningsGP-EMP_5382-X2.jpg
    20190209-JenningsGP-EMP_5382-X2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 20190209-JenningsGP-EMP_5383-X2.jpg
    20190209-JenningsGP-EMP_5383-X2.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Err; Getting back to the Class...

The owner of Ride Smart sent me some video's I'll attach a few.
#1) I think this is a Ride Smart Track Day at the Track I want to schedule.
If so, it's the 11 turn track at Cresson Tx.
It appears to be done on both student's and instructors bikes.
Initially; Instructor is following/videoing student. Later; Not sure if single bike is student or instructor that is monitoring students.
Later in the video / at the track,,, these particular bikes seem to be 600cc Sport bikes and are turning a gillion RPM's.
Turn the sound down, or ignore it and "look at the lines" and body positions.
NOTE: You will see yellow X's and orange Cones.
The Yellow X is the turn in, and the orange cone is at the Apex.

To those that are more reserved, (if you choose) you can be doing the same speeds/etc by mid-day.
To those that are less reserved, you will be.

#2) Here is a segment from a class. After teach class you go out and practice what you learned.

NOTE: We ignored what he is saying way too much and played.
ie; A C-14 and WOT is FUN!! <evil grin> {But that doesn't help you much in learning how to go around a curve).
We later realized that we shoulda listened/practiced more!

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Good deal. They'll be happy to "learn ya"..

NOTE: Not sure you saw the previous post.
He told me that (limited/safe) Passing (in the turns) will be allowed later in the day. {as people become more comfortable, and speeds pick up}
Camping at the track can be arranged.

Ride safe, Ted

I just ran across this; Leathers for Novice first timers.. (free?)
Not sure my info is correct. Will check.

Wonder if this is COTA's free leather policy for noobs as a host/facility, or if it's Ride Smart's program. And, how do the folks at Cresson do it? Same deal (eg. do they have the same revenue and margin to afford including a feature like this in their price)?

I talked again with the School.
Their wondering if we're interested or not?
I told them I've had little interest.
But, my target is spring of next year.
Yes, I know that's a long way off, but it's gonna be awful hot soon, and thinking spring will be cooler.....

So, why isn't anyone interested?
Do ya; Need more info / location wrong / too slow / too fast / waiting for someone to go with / what??

Ride safe, Ted

So as I stated before, I'm interested just trying to figure out the right words to explain to the wifey as to what I would like to do. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Also, there has been others that stated that they are interested, so wondering minds want to know,šŸ¤” is there a target number that would be needed for this to be a go?? Like a minimum number?

Thanks for the research that you have done so far!šŸ˜€

Ride focused
Dale

Yahooooo!!
I just received my Spring 2021 Concourier. šŸ‘

Inside I discovered 3 articles that are related to my idea for a Ride Smart Class.
{Talk about prefect timing!!} šŸ˜
They are ; "Why Should I Take a Rider Course", "We Must Always get better", and "Southeast Sport Touring School, Fifth Edition".

Please read them and let me know if any of you would be interested in attending a Ride Smart Class in Central Texas?
ie; I'm trying to gauge interest before doing more..

NOTE: I traveled from Houston to attend the Course in Florida. But, it's too far for most, as it's on the far right coast.
I'm trying to arrange one that is more central to others. {& Doug has agreed to help}.
ie; You don't have to be close to attend. {& Doug will see that I don't screw this up}.

Ride safe, Ted

I still have the idea to put this on.... If I have some interest?
So far, there has not been enough interest to pursue it, and I need a little more input from someone on the BOD.
(ie; As this is a closed course event, (that could be considered competitive) will the insurance allow it)?

Please let me know if your interested in attending a Ride Smart Class {near Fort Worth} in the Spring?

NOTE: What I'm talking about is a {Novice} Track Day that includes Class Training between each session (approx. 6 sessions) on the Track..
(Go back and read the discussion for more information).

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Go back and read.
I did not say it was a BOD issue. Just that I need a little input from the BOD.
I feel that the BOD Team has knowledge/input that members do not have and could use that input on a new idea.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Go back and read.
I did not say it was a BOD issue. Just that I've had little input from the BOD.
I feel that the BOD Team has knowledge/input that members do not have and could use that input on a new idea.

Ride safe, Ted
I read it and "had little input from BOD" feels like you are implying this is a BOD issue. I do not recall anything brought to the BOD regarding this... so why would you expect input?

In answer to your question; why would you expect input?
1) I thought my AD would discuss the idea at the BOD Meetings.
2) I thought the BOD wanted us to put on events and would offer support to idea's.
3) I thought that BOD input would help me stir up interest.

I'll now clarify my note....
I've been asking for replies/input on this idea since May.
I've haven't seen much interest.
This morning I opted to bring it up again in a new note.

In that note, I said that I haven't received much input from the BOD.
I've now reworded that note to clarify my comment.
ie; I "have" received "some" input from a BOD Member (as I did discuss the Idea with my AD), but I have not received "much" input.
My hope was that (in addition to Club Members) some of the BOD would see my pleas and offer their thoughts.
Nothing more, nothing less was intended. I was just trying to stir up interest in the idea.
My apologies for not wording my note to your satisfaction.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Thanx for your input.
As you replied to my note, it's clear that some BOD members have seen this discussion.
Hopefully some of the other BOD Members will offer input that is helpful.

Last edited:
Good point.
I was just trying to stir up interest in the idea, and apparently said something wrong.
I tried apologizing and explaining.
That didn't seem to work, so I've now reworded my note's to clarify my comment. (changes are in blue)
Sorry for my wording.

I've had e'nuff finger pointing for one day.

My question remains; Is anybody interested in attending a Rider Training/Track Day (in Central Texas) in the Spring?

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Wow, THIS went sideways fast. Personally, as an objective observer, an insult was interpreted unnecessarily. I normally stay out of knife fights, but sense some hyper-sensitivity right now and not sure why.

Everyone who follows the forum knows this idea was floated earlier this year. Bounced it around for about two weeks or so. Nobody agreed on the track or conditions, much less price per mile.

What I heard being asked was whether or not, at some point in time, anyone on the BOD has how to bring the girth of our organization along to help get lift under the wings of this South Central rider course idea. IMHO what I saw being responded to was a non-existent snipe.

Habit 5: "Seek first to understand, then to be understood." Stephen Covey

I'm hoping the BOD can be a bit more zen-like than commando-like.

EDIT NOTE: After thinking about this a little, and hearing a bit of the backstory, I'm inclined to think it was all just a fender bender. Offsetting 5-yard penalties for illegal motion. Replay 1st down. LOL

Last edited:
I've had e'nuff finger pointing for one day.

Can I point a finger at you anyways Ted? I've always found it to be enjoyable and I think Judy would enjoy the help.:p

I find it commendable that you are trying to host and stir up interest in an event. I personally have no interest in a track day
but I sure hope other's do. Kudos to you 'stache.

Thanks Doug.
Everyone, please watch Doug's Video!
,,,,,,,(It is from one of the Training Day's that we did in Jennings).
NOTE: You'll see lots and lots of smiles because we had a really good time.
err,, You'll also see a Really Nice Red Connie {with red tape over the headlight} and a fat (good lookin') guy squeezing into a set of leather's.
Some of you might even recognize the guy/Margareta at the start of the video with the 'stache..

Does anybody want to be there with us,, and do you have any questions?
If so,,, ask!
If not, ask anyway!..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Marty, {in your case},,, Finger pointing is oh-tay!
Even if you don't participate, you should be there. ***
You'll enjoy being there with everyone. (Even Cliff)

Last edited:
*** For those that don't want to participate in the Training/Track Day;
The track that I'm planning to use (Cresson 1.3 mile or 1.7 mile) has a Parade Lap Period during the day.
Cresson 1.3; http://www.ridesmart.info/index.php?page=track.msrc13
Cresson 1.7; http://www.ridesmart.info/index.php?page=track.msrc17
During that period, those that don't want to Participate can ride the Track at a Brisk Pace. (ie; Quick, but not race pace)
Parade lap Info; http://www.ridesmart.info/index.php?page=parade.laps

Those that take the Class; We will ride the Track after each Training session and practice what we learned in that session.
The first session will be very slow (as we practice turn entry/exit points), and the later sessions will progressively get faster.
You can opt NOT to participate in the later session's if the speed is too high for your tastes..

Later in the day....
1.3 Track;
1.7 Track;

I just checked, and don't see a schedule for next year (yet).
My target date is in March, April, or May.
I'll keep trying..

"Hellooooo",,, Is anybody out there??

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Ted / Group,
Would it be helpful to incorporate an event like this as part of a National? By default there would be a captive audience in attendance.

Doesnā€™t help now Ted but possibly something to consider in future.

I'd be interested in Texas in the spring time. I've never been to Texas, seems like a good place to visit. But not in the summer!

Not excited about going slow on a race track though. Maybe have 2 groups? I've done close to 15 track days, 4 on the C14.

I would probably continue on to hill country and parts unknown.

"Hellooooo",,, Is anybody out there??

Ride safe, Ted
Of course we are Ted, we just wanted you to be able to enjoy the echoes of your own voice for a bit. ;)

If you end up at Cresson then I'll be looking forward to attending any day/evening before gatherings at restaurants or ?
and the same after track gatherings as it's only a short drive/ride from my house. I might even watch some laps but watching a slow red bike go around the track getting passed a lot can get a little boring. :p

Thanks for the input folks. I'll add those idea's to the list of possibilities.

I'll be away a few days. Ya'll play nice while I'm gone.

Ride safe, Tred

Jim has now found another possible track to do the School/Track day. More to come..
Still hoping there will be some interest. If no interest, I'm wasting my time.

Ride safe, Ted

This is a training/track day so don't think of this as WOT Riding all day.
The idea is to attend training, and then ride on the track to practice what you learned.
You will learn a lot. (Even the more experienced riders)
AS the day progresses, you will increase in speed and by the end of the day, many will be going pretty fast.
(Particularly those on RED bikes....)

I originally posted this with dates/prices/video's on a track in Texas.
I'm still leaning to do it there if we have enough interest. (???)

By the way, there is no Track that would allow 2 up that I know of.
At the one we attended, I know it wasn't.

Ride safe, Ted

Bummer on the 2 UP disallowed, I get it - more risk for the track, etc.

Changing center of gravity, handling and training for driver / passenger there is an argument to be made that 2 UP riding also can benefit from training and help those who ride in this configuration get the most enjoyment safely from their machines. As you stated this is not a WOT race day itā€™s training on a safe closed course.

Still trying to find out if there is any interest?
Yoo hoo. Is anybody out there?
Do you have any questions?
If so,,, ask!
If not, ask anyway!..

I've been waiting for the Ride Smart Classes for 2022 to be announced.
I'm still waiting, and need to get this planned.
So I'm going to call them to see if I can get a date to do a COG RideSmart Day.
My target date is April or May..
(Will soon let ya'll know what I find out)

Until then: I'm not planning a (How fast can you go day).
I'm planning a training day {to improve skills} that will be held on a track in Central Texas.
But, I can assure you. It will NOT be boring.
(By the end of the day, (If you want to) you'll be zooming.
Even slow guys (like Harry) will (ehh) do pretty good..

Watch this to get some info..

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Basic info {from post #9}

ie; I asked questions, and swapped lies for about 30 minutes. <sly grin>
** Registration for the Class will be done thru the school. (and also Register on the COG site; so we know who is coming)
** Food is available at the track.
,,,, So we can laugh at Harry. (err, Someone, other than me)
** Our group "will" ride with the Novices.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Class's will be held during the periods that the Intermediate's/expert's are on the track.
NOTE: At Jennings, we discovered that the slower riders hampered the faster riders as the day progressed.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Controlled passing, will make that better.
** As the day progresses, riders will be grouped by speed/skill, and during later sessions, the faster group (and people with Red Bikes) will start first. {Sorry, I couldn't help myself} šŸ¤£

PS:
Everyone, please watch Doug's Video! (Post #46)
,,,,,,,(It is from one of the Training Day's that we did in Jennings).

Last edited:
I included this in my SC column in the Concourier that is coming out soon. The Cresson track is a great track and this riding school is recommended by many.

Craig

I've sent a couple of notes to the person (Dave) that does the RideSmart Classes at Cresson.
Asking for dates, so that I can post/schedule the event.

Got a reply today that their working on the 2022 schedule now.
Should have possible dates in a few weeks..

This is the Track I'm hoping to arrange.
Does anyone have questions that I need to check into?

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I finally got some information on the RideSmart Class/Track day.
The one I found is in Angleton Texas on April 23rd or 24th.
I think the 23rd to be the best as it gives people time to get home after..
I know little at this moment. Look thru previous parts of this discussion for initial information.

If there is any interest (??) I can do some research.

So, who wants to do a track/Training day similar to the one we do in Florida?

Ride safe, Ted

Basic Info;

The Track:

Last edited: