• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone have an Airhawk R for sale

satxrider

Have a week long trip coming up riding around Colorado and was looking for a solution to the "sore butt" syndrome.  The Airhawk R seat pad seems to get a lot of positive reviews.  Just checking to see if anyone has one they no longer use and would consider selling?

Thanks
Steve

You ever try those MotoSkeevies? I have worn mine twice and no butt problem after riding for hours, but i dont like them when not on the seat!

FTB530 said:
You ever try those MotoSkeevies? I have worn mine twice and no butt problem after riding for hours, but i dont like them when not on the seat!

I have them, and don't like them one little bit. The still chafe me quite a bit!

I do have the airhawk, it helps a lot! Buy it new, it's only 100 bucks, not worth it to buy it used IMHO

Jerdurr said:
FTB530 said:

I have them, and don't like them one little bit. The still chafe me quite a bit!

I do have the airhawk, it helps a lot! Buy it new, it's only 100 bucks, not worth it to buy it used IMHO
Yea the skeevies probably won’t be used often by me!

I hope you find an Airhawk R. Properly inflated, you will forget you are riding for hours on a motorcycle. It works that well. Note I said, properly inflated.......less is more. 

I have one Steve and will send for postage. No straps though. Used some rok straps. Tried and not for me. I just couldn't find the right inflation level.

Old Man on a Connie said:
I have one Steve and will send for postage. No straps though. Used some rok straps. Tried and not for me. I just couldn't find the right inflation level.

Thanks Mark, the key phrase you used was "not for me".  Airhawks either work or don't work and I did not want to drop $120 on something that I was not confident I would use.  I will PM you.

Steve

Since I purchased an RDL seat I stopped using it, but it is pretty phenomenal. I brought it with me to a camping trip to PA this weekend, ended up using it as a pillow, it is that cool! :)

I understand the not for me, since I started out the same way. I then figured out the inflation, gave it another shot, and can now ride all day into the night without the common butt issues. On the ride to Helen National, two guys that were with me could not ride some of the rally days because their butts hurt. They are now Air Hawk converts and love them. One of them uses it on his riding mower. I use mine on the porch rocker sometimes. If you hate it because you are bouncing or floating around on the seat, you have too much air in it.

Never really hated it. Tried a puff and it left me on the seat. 2 puffs and it felt like sitting on a bowl of jello. I tried the beads that some swear by and the sheepskin others love. Meh. Now I just run my baldwin for days on end. Anyhow, I got's one if'n ya wanna try. May work for you. It does work for some. Maybe I have an odd shaped ace  ;) :beerchug: :))

If I ride long distance I wear skeevies 'That I absolutely love' and if I do start to get uncomfortable I pull the air hawk out of the top case, ride a bit and then remove it. This works for me. Before I did this the last 2  of 10+ hours in the saddle was unbearable sometimes. I normally take my time and leave a day early or two for a rally but the way home is a hole shot on Sunday :beerchug:
Worth getting the Hawk  if you get one from a member GREAT  if not worth its weight in gold

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
If I ride long distance I wear skeevies 'That I absolutely love' and if I do start to get uncomfortable I pull the air hawk out of the top case, ride a bit and then remove it. This works for me. Before I did this the last 2  of 10+ hours in the saddle was unbearable sometimes. I normally take my time and leave a day early or two for a rally but the way home is a whole shot on Sunday :beerchug:
Worth getting the Hawk  if you get one from a member GREAT  if not worth its weight in gold

Those skeevies worked pretty good for me , except off of the bike ,didn’t like the load behind me !