• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone upgraded C14 mirrors?

bandit12553915

Big Wheel
Was it worth it? Where did you find a compatible replacement? Just thinking about it for mainly aesthetic reasons. Thanks.

I like the stock but did see where someone changed there's out because it wouldnt fit through his gate. Dont remember where I seen it.

It took me a while to get use to the mirrors, mostly i could see a lot of side cases in the mirrors ,had to get used to it I think they work fine I don’t know what other type he would get to put on there that would look good ,possibly some bar end mirrors but I’ve never seen them on a concours.

Was it worth it? Where did you find a compatible replacement? Just thinking about it for mainly aesthetic reasons. Thanks.
On the one hand, I find it difficult to believe that any after market mirror set would end up being more aesthetically pleasing than the stock mirrors....
...on the other I've noticed how any photo of the front of the bike reminds me of Gary Larson's cows with their ears sticking straight out. :LOL:

COW a saki

police3-2.jpg

6a0105369e6edf970b01b8d27cc14e970c-800wi

gettyimages-1063058974-a77251450289d9b24f02d47df6a4c3cc.jpg

Someone had mounted an addition pod I believe o. The top....I just can't find the thread....

The mirror itself adjust, fyi, but u have to be very careful while pressing on it. Mine cracked b4 it adjusted...

On the one hand, I find it difficult to believe that any after market mirror set would end up being more aesthetically pleasing than the stock mirrors....
...on the other I've noticed how any photo of the front of the bike reminds me of Gary Larson's cows with their ears sticking straight out. :LOL:

COW a saki

police3-2.jpg

6a0105369e6edf970b01b8d27cc14e970c-800wi

gettyimages-1063058974-a77251450289d9b24f02d47df6a4c3cc.jpg

The middle one looks like ted.

Someone had mounted an addition pod I believe o. The top....I just can't find the thread....

The mirror itself adjust, fyi, but u have to be very careful while pressing on it. Mine cracked b4 it adjusted...
I used RV mirrors on the 08 and 13. Really opened up what I could see when passing

Went a little different direction with the 18

Mirror08.jpgmirror13.jpgmirror133.jpg

Opted for adjustable on mirror units on the 18

mirror18.jpg

Not about aesthetics...so technically off topic (one of my specialties that I share with COGdom) but I thought we're talking mirrors so...
The crescent roll shaped ones that clamp on top of the side mirror are pretty good (for vision, not aesthetics) but I had to get rid of mine when I installed side firing LED turn signals inside the mirror housing like Fred Harmon did because the clamp goes right where the LEDs are. So if you decide to use stick on mirrors I recommend the round ones that you spin to aim instead of poking them with your finger. I have the type you aim by moving them with your finger on my dual sport and they seem to constantly need adjustment, the ones on my C14 haven't moved since I initially installed them. Placement is best down low on the inside. They are useful no matter where you place them on the stock mirror but since the stock mirror only shows the saddlebags on the lower inside that seems to be the best place to install the wide angle mirrors (assuming you've pinned your bags) unless you need to keep checking to insure your bags are still there.

You are so right. That is a better place for those "spot" mirrors. I had tried those round dudes but they constantly needed adjustment. I ended up moving them to that spot as the only thing it took out of the picture was where the bag intrudes into the stock mirror. I settled on some little ones I saw at Wally WOrld for RVs. Stuck one on the truck to compare what they show with the other stick on I used for the outer part of the mirror. Cheap...effective, adjustable but stay in place fairly well. Yellow out after about 3 years and get replaced (for the aesthetics :)).

mirror13 spot.jpgmirrortruck.jpg

With those ProjektD additions it would be very hard to forget to turn off your blinkers.....

Last edited:
Great responses to my first post on the COG forum. I figured my questioning the aesthetics of Connie's mirrors would be questioned :) Thanks for feedback and the pics - so helpful for ideas on upgrades/accessories.

PS If you waved to a black Connie from the store at Seneca Rocks on Sun 11/6 and that a-hole didn't have the common courtesy to stop and chat...a bio break was required, sorry :)

Not about aesthetics...so technically off topic (one of my specialties that I share with COGdom) but I thought we're talking mirrors so...
The crescent roll shaped ones that clamp on top of the side mirror are pretty good (for vision, not aesthetics) but I had to get rid of mine when I installed side firing LED turn signals inside the mirror housing like Fred Harmon did because the clamp goes right where the LEDs are. So if you decide to use stick on mirrors I recommend the round ones that you spin to aim instead of poking them with your finger. I have the type you aim by moving them with your finger on my dual sport and they seem to constantly need adjustment, the ones on my C14 haven't moved since I initially installed them. Placement is best down low on the inside. They are useful no matter where you place them on the stock mirror but since the stock mirror only shows the saddlebags on the lower inside that seems to be the best place to install the wide angle mirrors (assuming you've pinned your bags) unless you need to keep checking to insure your bags are still there.
I've thought about those for awhile, and yeah, great point about location. I would have gone to upper outside of mirror just because... well no good reason. But lower inside to hide bar weight, lever, and 2 gloved fingers is much better. Thanks.

I remember the first Gen bikes had lower mirrors and showed the bags so they changed them in 2010. mounting them higher.