• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Athens Ohio, to ride the Windy 9 Memorial Day Weekend

gsjay

My local club is going to Athens for the Memorial Day weekend. Staying at the Ohio University Inn & Conference Center. I was able to get a GREAT group rate of $89 + Tax.
We'd welcome any Coggers who would like to join us.
PM and I can send you the online link to book a room.
jason
cog 32

We expect detailed report from you. Especially as several buddies and myself will be doing the windy 9 in August...

This has been added to the N.C. Calendar.............
Room rates are $89.00. You won't stay at this motel for that rate often. Very nice, with outdoor pool.
jason 32
BOOK Those Rooms!

Well we've got one member from the NC planning on joining us. Robert from WI, I look forward to meeting you.
We also have members from NY coming along.
BOOK THOSE ROOMS
Jason

Another club I belong to had its anual rally there two years ago. Great place to stay and ride. One of the best rallies they have had. Sorry I can't make this trip.

I called the motel yesterday to check on our block of rooms.
11 rooms booked! Sound like we'll have a good turnout.
More rooms avaliable if you'd like to join in the fun.
jason

13 rooms booked as of today............
More rooms avaliable if you like to join us.
Jason

Came down 56 from Indiana tonight. Always a bit dicey in the rain with gravel washing into the road in the corners. Looking forward to getting together and it tomorrow. Where's the meet?

Well the weather sucked Friday, got a little better Saturday, a little better Sunday and was BEAUTIFUL today for the ride home! Awsome weekend with 12 Coggers in attendance, and 10 or 12 non members in attendance.
The Inn is a very nice place, but next year we might move back to Marietta. It's a nicer town for folks our age.

A great time, thanks Jason. Roads were deserted going home, made it record time......Will send you my email address for my Japanese style pic.:)

Hey Jay, are you or someone in the group going to do an article for the Concourier on your ride...

Remember i was hoping for a detailed report. Heading up there aug 1-10. Any extra routes you learned if from the locals, and you gotta share the best places to eat.....!!!

Plzzzzzzzzz. Pretty plzzzzzz

Hey Jay, are you or someone in the group going to do an article for the Concourier on your ride...

Remember i was hoping for a detailed report. Heading up there aug 1-10. Any extra routes you learned if from the locals, and you gotta share the best places to eat.....!!!

Plzzzzzzzzz. Pretty plzzzzzz
Other than the Windy 9, you'll want to try 26 N.E. out of Marietta and then either 800, 255 & 536 south to the river.....GREAT RIDE!
Resturants we're open fully. Food at the Hotel was very good, a bit expensive.
24 people in the group photo Sunday.
Jason
cog 32

Other than the Windy 9, you'll want to try 26 N.E. out of Marietta and then either 800, 255 & 536 south to the river.....GREAT RIDE!
Resturants we're open fully. Food at the Hotel was very good, a bit expensive.
24 people in the group photo Sunday.
Jason
cog 32

What? No triple nickel?? ( Rte555 )
😁

we ended up on 555. While attending a funeral outside Athens for one of my wife's family I found one of the fellows I met on the Altier family owns the store at 555 and 37. I told him about the stores on the Snake and Dragon and encouraged him to make the place a stop/destination for bikers.

That was a darn good weekend on roads I have been riding.....and on some I have never or would never take again. Leaving Laurelville to circle around roads that are barely roads to bring us right back into Laurelville was met by my wife with "what the hell were you doing there? I would never have gone that way." I know honey, you have had me on every road down here.....We just wanted to try something new.....ahahahahahaha

For those guys who asked what the red lights were on the ground I shot a pic last night when I got home from my June 20 longest day ride.

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 135
Last edited: