• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Avon tires

I've heard good on the Ultra's. But I remember one person a year or two ago that had an issue with a tire. But I honestly don't remember the out come. I think he was on a trip and had to buy another tire. But IIRC, Avon was stand up on the issue. But i can't say for sure!

i had the storm azero combo on my c10 and they were awesome not a high mileage tire but they stick rain or shine

I put some on my C14 about a month ago after trying 4-5 other brands & so far so good. Looks like mileage is going to be good, they now sit at 4,000 mi. & barely look worn. Getting more than 5,000 mi. will be a milestone for me! I will have to say this has been a pretty easy 4,000 not a lot of hard riding, 2,400 of it was loaded fairly straight 2 up riding & not hardly a flat spot. Looks like they may go 7000-8000, I'll give them another try. That's my 2 cents.
Cliff

Had a set of Storms on my XB Buell and they wore quite well.
With the pricing at Comp Access and the $50 rebate I will be trying some Ultra Storms on the C14.

I now have 9000 on the rear and about 8000 on the front of my Avon Storm Ultra 2's.  The rear still looks really good but the front is starting to show slight cupping.  I will for sure go with them again.  They even grab good enough on wet roads to wheelie and have yet to experience any sliding.  Plus back in May / June they had a $50 rebate to make the purchase even sweeter.  Price through Jake Wilson was $250 after rebate for the pair w/free shipping.  Unfortunately the rebate is over for now.

I just pulled my Ultras off yesterday they had 5,725 mi. on them. Looks like they might have gone another 700-1,000, but I'm leaving on a 5500 mi. ride out west so they had to come off. They wore much better than PR2's & they stick better, I'm happy with that mileage but would like to get the 8,000-9,000 I keep reading about. Yes I did put another pair on, so in about a month they will be be worn out & I can see what the total mileage is then.

I ran the original Storms on my V45 Sabre, put a set on the Goldwing, and the Connie came with a set of Storm/Azaro's on it. The local shop tried to talk me out of them on my 'Wing( they're really big on Metzlers) because it was a BIG bike. Said I wouldn't get any mileage from them. All I know is I loved the way they handled on the Sabre,wet or dry, and I just sold the 'Wing with over 5K on the tires and still looking new. When the KZ1000P needs tires next spring, guess what's going on it! Plus I'll probably go ahead and get another set for Connie!

Got the Avons mounted on Saturday and did a short 80 mile break in ride.

Feels like the Storm Ultras will be a great tour tire. They did not wander or track excessively in the straights, no need for as much course corrections as the stock tires.
Turn in needed a bit more input than the stockers but they cornered great.
I didn't push them as I was just scrubbing off the shine on this ride.

We will see how they hold up.