• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bafflectomy

caeman

Moped
This weekend, I am going perform the bafflectomy on my Beast. I did a Google search to try and reach as much as possible, even finding links to sounds of before and after and I think I am comfortable making the decision to do it. A slightly throatier sound ain't so bad. :) And if I gain a 1 or 2 MPG, then I won't complain. : 37k miles

Aww just go out there and do it now, shouldn't take 30 minutes should it?? Though the difference in sound is by no means HUGE (IMO) it was a welcome change on mine..sometimes the best things in life are free (and you KNOW how Cogger's like THAT word :))

Only thing you'll notice is a bit less engine braking. She won't slow down as much when you leave off the loud-stick. Other than that, you'll never go back. http://www.millerized.com
member8960.png

I was busy Saturday, did not ride. Sunday, bad weather. I used a horse shoe stake to make the holes and started up the bike in the garage. There is definitely a throatier sound to it. If the weather report holds up for me, I will be riding to work on the Concours. I can then give my ride report of the results. Like it or not, I cannot go back. :) I have a feeling it will be just fine, though. : 37k miles

So, the ride result of having done a bafflectomy on the Connie. Other than a lower rumble while idling, I could not tell a difference in sound while at speed, or in performance. When next I fill the tank, I will see if there is a difference there. : 37k miles

Think this would work for mine? I just got the bike back (2001 w/10k) from having the carbs re-built, and DynoJet Stage One kit with K&N filter installed. happy with the results, but always could use a little ore power, and MPG. a LITTLE extra exhaust noise would be okay too. Whadda Yall think?