• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bag Lunch Meet and Greet - Quabbin Reservoir [MA] - Sunday 10/1

ghabel

Meet us at the Visitor Center at 12:00 at the Quabbin Reservoir. Bring a bag lunch and tour the Visitor Center. Ride to follow and ice cream! Bring a friend!

Please register here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=246729

Quabbin Reservoir is one of the largest unfiltered water supplies in the United States. Along with the Wachusett Reservoir and Ware River, it is the source of high quality water for the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority water supply system. The 412 billion gallon reservoir covers 39 square miles with 181 miles of shoreline. Recreational activities are regulated and limited to protect 2.5 million people’s drinking water.

Two routes to chose from - a 2.5 hour or a 45 min depending on what the group decides at lunch.
Depart for the ride at 1:30 pm

Weather is looking pretty good for Sunday!  :great:

Just want to point out the change of meeting location from last time.  We are NOT meeting at the tower this time.  Instead, the meeting location is the visitor center on the west side of the dam.

Maryann and I will see you on Sunday.

WG said:
Weather is looking pretty good for Sunday!  :great:

Just want to point out the change of meeting location from last time.  We are NOT meeting at the tower this time.  Instead, the meeting location is the visitor center on the west side of the dam.

Maryann and I will see you on Sunday.

Awesome!  Thanks for reminding people of the location change.  I love the old photos of the 5 towns that were "removed".  I'll share a story that I got from someone's grandson who's grandfather owned a business in one of those towns.  Details only at the Meet n Greet!

What a gorgeous day with lots of scenery, a great group of friends, a bald eagle in the wild at the Quabbin, lunch alongside the reservoir, many, many bikes out, and large servings of ice cream at Howards. 

What a great day, Thanks to our event leaders Greg & Tracey for putting this lunch & ride together. The weather was awesome
and the Quabbin was very nice. The big bald eagle was a nice bonus to see as it flew overhead. The company was great and the
ride to the ice cream was nice and went off without a hitch. Lots of bikes out and about and also a bunch of very nice cars along
the way.

Thanks again to everyone who came out today and to our hosts.  :beerchug:  :great: