• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Baraboo Hills Ride

ManWorkingHere

Saturday, August 25 – Baraboo Hills Ride. We’ll meet at
the McDonald’s at the intersection of  I-94 and Highway 83
west of Waukesha at 9:00 a.m., and then head west to Devils
Lake and loop back through the Spring Green/Mount Horeb
area. Return time around 6:00 p.m. As usual, you can pick up
the ride in progress at the Merrimac Ferry (north side of the
river) around 10:30 a.m. If we’re lucky, Deb and Drew Delforge
will again host an afternoon lunch at their home just outside of
New Glarus.

I covered 353.6 miles of SW Wisconsin country road fun!  Very nice day to ride.  80's and Sunny.

pictures to follow...

#1 - is the route sheet that Dave McClurg provided everyone once we met up on the far side of the river
#2 - Dave, Alex, Matt, and Jake and I ready to depart from the MacDonald's at Delafield
#3 - Riding the Merrimac Ferry across the Wisconsin River as part of Hwy 60.  Kind of neat floating across.
#4 - One of our hosts, Drew, was the 'lost rider' who could not ride his 2001 C-10 with us due to a dead battery.  Drew and Deb were very generous with their spread that refreshed us.  Thanks!

Attachments

• BARABOO HILLS Ride.jpg
    BARABOO HILLS Ride.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 082512_0911[00].jpg
    082512_0911[00].jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 082512_1046[00].jpg
    082512_1046[00].jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 082512_1451[00].jpg
    082512_1451[00].jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 106
I would have loved to take part in this; it came almost through my neighborhood. But I missed it on the calendar.  :'(

I see you got t o ride south lake shore drive at devils lake.  I love that road.  I live in Reedsburg but was busy last weekend and could not go.