• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Barber Vintage Weekend Tickets -CANCELED by BARBER

Grasshopper

Tickets for the Barber Vintage Weekend will go on sale June 16 at 10 CST.

Canceled per Kurt Brown 8/21/2020

Grasshopper said:
Tickets for the Barber Vintage Weekend will go on sale June 16 at 10 CST.

Thanks Phil... you going this year.. I think I will go.  I have not been to any COG events in over two years.

If you are camping make sure you get a spot in Lot "B", that is where the party is  :beerchug:

This event has gotten stupid expensive too  :(  but you can get the camping pass first, then wait until closer to get the gate pass

Ok, for all you newbies or oldies that can’t remember, this is a social, so no reg fee but we will have a cog reg to track our numbers in order to have enough food for dinner: https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=261152&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272020%2D10%2D19%27%7D

This is a ride to event so not really out riding as we all enjoy the activities in the park and most of us drive our car or truck and bring a small bike to motor around on.

If you are camping with us, we are in Lot B, so you need a lot B pass and a 3 day event pass, go to https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-vintage-festival/ to purchase. Lot B will sell out so get them while you can. Lot B is a big field marked off with 20x20 spots, there are portable toilets and shower trailers. Officially you can enter at 1pm on Thursday but the last few years they have been letting us in around 10 am or so. If you access the map: https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-vintage-festival/barber-vintage-festival-park-map/ look to the upper right for Lot B. We try to claim spots just below the “G” were is has “tent camping”. We try to have spots next to each other as well, the spots are first come, first serve.

I purchase one spot for the kitchen and one spot for the fire pit. We will have dinner available Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Coffee will be ready by 6am. You are on your own for breakfast and lunch and can use all the kitchen stuff, just clean up after yourself. We will have a donation can to cover the food, coffee, fuel for the gen and extra spots. We will post up the menu a couple weeks before. There will be coolers for those riding in. We generally make an ice and beverage run every day.

Lot B is a big field, so no shade is available, so bring your ez-up or tarps to set up. We generally will have 4 ez-ups to cover the kitchen area. Shade is important as the last couple years have been hotter than normal. Like I mentioned, some of us bring small motorcycles, scooters, dual sports to ride around on as there is bike parking every where. You can reserve a golf cart but they run about $125 a day.

If you have been thru the museum, plan to spend a day doing that. It is about $15 a day. Several of us are museum turn 9 members and that allows access to the museum, breakfast, lunch and special areas to watch the racing. Check out the schedule for all the events that are happening during the weekend.

If anyone has any questions, just post them up and we will get back to you.

Lot B camping passes purchased, will get the 3 day event ticket a little later.
Looking forward to another great gathering.

Kurt, I have registered myself and one guest on the calendar, so please include us in the meal planning.

Thanks,
K Gee

Buzzard said:
Lot B camping passes purchased, will get the 3 day event ticket a little later.
Looking forward to another great gathering.

Kurt, I have registered myself and one guest on the calendar, so please include us in the meal planning.

Thanks,
K Gee

Got you down Kim.

Vic,

Thanks for posting. The cancellation is on the Barber website also.

Now we need a plan B.

Yonah campground anyone? It's where we camped during the National Rally in Helen.

Kurt contacted me this afternoon and said Barber's folks had canceled due to the Covid crap.
Ron

Each campsite has water and electric, and there's a handy basketball court for installing new farkles. Several of us got LED lights delivered there, by Amazon, during the national rally and then installed them.  :)

Grasshopper said:
Each campsite has water and electric, and there's a handy basketball court for installing new farkles. Several of us got LED lights delivered there, by Amazon, during the national rally and then installed them.  :)

Build it and they will come.....