• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Battery for Key

airhead1775

Big Wheel
I was on a trip and both batteries showed low on my display. The two local dealers did n ot have a replacement. I was able to find a watch repair dealer that replaced them. Be sure check them before you leave on a long trip and have a replacement. This almost ruined my trip. :8o:

The 08-09 C14's came with two fobs (battery). The 2010 only comes with one fob and a smaller passive fob (looks like a credit card). Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg

For what it is worth the battery can be purchased at just about any place that sells camera batteries ie k-mart wallmart most large drug stores etc.Buy 2 keep a spare on the bike.Got mine at a wallmart when the bike told me it was low. Gotta love technology. Imagine if I had to carry that whole heavy key with me when I parked the bike.

BBAR said:
The 08-09 C14's came with two fobs (battery). The 2010 only comes with one fob and a smaller passive fob (looks like a credit card).    Bionic Bob  COG & AMA member  First C14 CDA member #0220  08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10 
I don't think I got that passive fob.  How does it work?

Steve said:
BBAR said:
The 08-09 C14's came with two fobs (battery). The 2010 only comes with one fob and a smaller passive fob (looks like a credit card).    Bionic Bob  COG & AMA member  First C14 CDA member #0220  08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10 
I don't think I got that passive fob.  How does it work?

It works like the battery power fob when the battery dies. This one is smaller like a credit card and comes with the 2010 model. When the battery dies on your fob, you can remove the fob key and place that slot in the fob, over the little notch on the ignition switch housing. This will allow the fob to work in passive mode, which will activate the KIPASS, and allow you to get home! The smaller credit card that comes with the single fob on the 2010 works like that all the time, since there is no battery in it.

Just to add to the last post. The extra key is suppose to be placed under your seat. Incase the fob doesn't work. There is a slot in front of the key where you place the card. This will activate the key to unlock the ignition. Check your owners manual, to see the demonstration. I'm not a big fan of the Ki Pass. I hate carrying it. My mechanic told me to leave it in the side box. I'm old school, just give me a key.

JOENJRIDER