• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

BAY AREA CONNIE RIDERS

KLRtoConnie

Training Wheels
Thought it may be useful to have a open post listing Bay Area Local Connie Riders.

Could be fun for local rides / events / sharing info on best local dealers / informal tech days.

Brent 2008 C14

East Bay

Greg said:
I'm in the Sac area
not sure if we have more Sac COG'ers

There's a bunch of guys in the Sac'o'tomato's area. See the other thread about the Berryessa ride.

I'm down near Milpitas, but don't get out for the Sac area rides much anymore because they leave too damn early. Getting up at 5AM on a Saturday to ride up to the usual meeting spot is not my idea of a good time.  ::)

Jim P

I'm in Manteca, so I'm about equidistant for rides in the Bay Area or Sac.

Greg, the Sac group has a monthly dinner meetup on the first Thursday of the month at Brookfield's restaurant at I80 and Madison.  I've made it to one so far, but hope to make it to more.

Cheers,

I'm in Walnut Creek. I'm up for rides on the weekends. Weekday rides/gatherings tend to be difficult to make unless they're close to where I work (Sunnyvale) or live.

Hope to meet you all before the year is out though.  ;D

Im Rob in San Mateo! I am brand new and have only had my bike for about 2 weeks. I would really like to meet others in the area and talk about bikes, go for rides and get advice on mods!

Rob.

I'm in Walnut Creek.  I just purchased my 2011 C14 in Tucson and rode it home.  I'm retired and prefer riding weekdays.  Weekend traffic in the Bay Area is too heavy.

Steve

Gregg in Santa Rosa.  Picking up my Concours 10 tonight...... :motonoises:  Selling my Vulcan 750 if you're interested..... ::)

I will have my bike up and running next week, so if anybody wants to go for a ride sometime around Wednesday 8th or 9th, let me know.  I live in Santa Rosa.

Mike,
I'm in Santa Rosa also.....going to DMV in Petaluma this afternoon around 3:30-4:00 if you want to go?
Gregg

I'm in San Mateo and would love to ride with all you guys.

And sorry, Robert, my schedule this spring & summer has been challenging and the only rides I've been able to do on weekends have been spur-of-the-moment. Thanks for PMing me, I would indeed like to ride with you, and everyone.

IDEA: Anyone interested in a "Three Peaks Ride" in the early fall? - 1) Mount Hamilton AM > 2) Mount Diablo Noon > 3) Mt. Tamalpais before Sunset. Just to say we did it. It's about 220 miles. I've even got a t-shirt designed!  : ) 

Peter,

That sounds good.  How about Diablo, Tam & St. Helena?  (of course that is geographically desirable for me)  ;)

Gregg

BTW  I'll be gone 8/16-8/20 to Iowa for my mother's 85th birthday.

pradsliff said:
I'm in San Mateo and would love to ride with all you guys.

And sorry, Robert, my schedule this spring & summer has been challenging and the only rides I've been able to do on weekends have been spur-of-the-moment. Thanks for PMing me, I would indeed like to ride with you, and everyone.

IDEA: Anyone interested in a "Three Peaks Ride" in the early fall? - 1) Mount Hamilton AM > 2) Mount Diablo Noon > 3) Mt. Tamalpais before Sunset. Just to say we did it. It's about 220 miles. I've even got a t-shirt designed!  : )

Great idea. Keep me posted.

I'm back from Iowa now, let's roll!  :motonoises:  Anyone interested in riding the vineyards/coast up in my area this weekend?

Gregg

Though I would stop by and say Hi to all the old COG members I use to ride with in the 90's and early 2000's.
Been riding a FJR since 05 and thinking of upgrading to a Concours 14 in the future. Would like to hook with you No. California guys on your next ride and check out your C14. (will you let an FJR ride along? :-\)
Was really great riding with the COG group and hope to be back soon.
Roger
Gilroy, Ca

You folks let me know if you get something together and I can help get it on the calendar.  :beerchug:

Hi All,

I am a bit north of you guys, but will be in your area in late July. We will be camping for a couple of days around SF (looking for suggestions here, if you know of something available) then heading East to Yosemite (Hodgdon Meadows). I have been looking around for some good riding while in the area, and am also looking for a suggestion in our segment heading East to Yosemite. Currently we are considering this route:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211737956490973042981.0004d9daa4a944ebef729&msa=0

Which clocks in at around 200 miles. We have budgeted up to 400 miles to get there, but something under or around  300 would be ideal if you guys have some suggestions on how to spice up this segment a bit.

Thank you for all your feedback, and I can not wait to get back to the area. I fell in love with the City by the Bay last time I was there.

I am not yet but I will soon be a Bay Area Connie Rider.  Relocating from Florida to south bay in May.  Hope to cya all soon and get to ride with you when I arrive.

Regards

-Lorne

River Bend Resort, 10 miles west of Santa Rosa on the Russian River.
Let me know if you're interested and I can get you more info. or go to their web page.

Gregg (in Santa Rosa)

Dweller said:
Which clocks in at around 200 miles. We have budgeted up to 400 miles to get there, but something under or around  300 would be ideal if you guys have some suggestions on how to spice up this segment a bit.

Thank you for all your feedback, and I can not wait to get back to the area. I fell in love with the City by the Bay last time I was there.

Here's a bit of a twist that gives you a little coastline and a nice ride through the woods on the SF Peninsula. Make Santa Cruz for lunch and then head the slab part out to Yosemite.

I am in the South Bay - South San Jose. I'll be enjoying  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: the bay area as much as possible this spring / summer.
:great: