• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

BeamTech LED Head Light install - Is this Correct?

dsamudio

Just want to make sure this looks correct for the LED head light replacement.

Would like to hear from other Texas riders or riders that have this install and ride all day in the heat.

Thanks all,
Dimitrius

Attachments

• InkedLeft_C14_Beamtech_installed02.jpg
    InkedLeft_C14_Beamtech_installed02.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 108
Something doesn't look right. Which Beamtech did you install?

If you're using the same Beamtech I used...
:::: Mine; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHD78DQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
If same as mine, Installed as you have it, the heat sinks can't radiate heat.

You are supposed to remove the black plastic locking ring from the LED Bulb (it twists to unlock), install the ring on the headlight, install the rubber seal, and then install the LED bulb thru the seal. (it twists to lock)

1) The ring is easily removable.
2) Install the LED Bulb with the correct side up. (When shined on a wall there should be a flat/dark area at the top)

Ride safe, Ted

Something doesn't look right. Which Beamtech did you install?

If you're using the same Beamtech I used...
:::: Mine; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHD78DQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
If same as mine, Installed as you have it, the heat sinks can't radiate heat.

You are supposed to remove the black plastic locking ring from the LED Bulb (it twists to unlock), install the ring on the headlight, install the rubber seal, and then install the LED bulb thru the seal. (it twists to lock)

1) The ring is easily removable.
2) Install the LED Bulb with the correct side up. (When shined on a wall there should be a flat/dark area at the top)

Ride safe, Ted
That did it!!

I had:
Installed the Black Plastic lock ring
Slid the light through Dust Cover
Then installed the Light and cover as one unit.

This distorted the dust cover.

All good now.

Thanks Connie_Rider

Dimitrius

Attachments

• IMG_1108.JPG
    IMG_1108.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 74