• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

bent front rim 2015 C14

fournations

:-\ a friend of mine pointed out a sizable dent in my front rim. its holding air fine but when tire is gone I'm gonna change it. Does anyone have a used black rim in good shape to sell? Or have a line on one? Jim

You may or may not find a straight rim on eBay. I thought I had bent my front rim hitting a rather deep pot hoe in our semi local Walmart parking lot. I had vibration in the front at high way speed (60) mph.  I did some research, and got some advice from a fellow COG member with a lead on a in the Spokane area shop that did alum wheel straightening. Fortunately when I took the wheel off I spun the wheel and could not see any thing out of line. I took the wheel to a shop to remove the tire. When remounted they discovered the rim was not bent but rather I had thrown a wheel weight.  Whew!!

I would check around to see if there is a shop in your area that could iron your dent out. Good luck on the project and stay safe.

I hit a rock & bent my front while in NC last year. Only had 2 weeks on return to find one before heading out to the Nationals. Found one from the Motoguys on ebay, nice & straight just described. They had a video posted of it spinning on a balancing stand, think it was $145.00 shipped from CA. They were good to deal with.

If you can't find one on Ebay- Woodys Wheel works in Denver Co does great work.
I had them straighten a pot hole dent, put in new bearings and a new tire and they shipped it back to me in a week.
Very fair price I thought
Nick

+1 on Woody's.  I've sent them a couple of wheels with similar bends and they come back as good or better than new.  Best to remove the tire, discs and TPMS before shipping.  Bent cast wheel repair is between $150-180 plus return shipping cost.