• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Best time to be at National Rally

mjsrmiller9825

Hello All; I have finally made up my mind to attend the Rally in Canyonville,Or. My wife wouldn't ever ride on a motorcycle and I don't push her. I would never last 5 or 6 days in a hotel and I also live in Northwest Oregon and can get to the area in the good months. Question is, if I am only going to be at the rally for maybe 3 days, which 3 days would you folks think would be best. I know the area somewhat around Canyonville and would probably take long rides each day. Do you think first three days or last three days? Thanks

The banquet and group photo are on Thursday. I'd be there for that. Everyone gets up early Friday and heads home.

The roads are good all days.

The preliminary schedule is listed - times probably coming closer to the event

I missed the end of the rally in Guntersville AL due to some family plans that ended up changing anyway after I was already home. On that limited experience, I'd agree with Wandrng, but even better to just figure out how to last 5-6 days in the hotel.

I'm going to assume, seeing as how u joined COG in 2021 and live on yhe west coast, u haven't attended a national yet.

The schedule is pretty flexible and some item repeat, so that u can makes plans.

The organizers usually post 10-15 recommended routes, of various lengths from 50miles all the way up to 300+ miles. Those are usually posted on the national site so one can start planning way before they get there.

For those who want ride with a group, theres usually a couple of folks that will offer themselves up to lead a group ride. Your also bound to meet up with someone, hit it off, and make plans for riding.

You definitely wnt to be there for the banquet and festivities, heck you might win 1 of the many door prizes that gets donated for the event. And we're talking major goodies!

As mentioned alot of folks use friday as a travel day, but there are many that still head out to get in that 1 last route that got great reveiws.

Ive been to a few and have loved every minute of everyone of them, including the ones that I've had mechanical issues at. its then when you see the power of the motto, join for the bike; stay for the people, as folks will jump in to help you get back on the road.

Thank you all for your input. Looking forward to the rally. Yes I just joined in 2021 and at my age I am not likely to do a bunch more national events. I have put a lot of miles on various bikes, including in foreign countries but now a C14 at under 500 miles per day suits me fine. I will attend this one and make a few day rides that I have done before in the area. Wife and I looked at property up the Umpqua past Tiller. Not sure if I have seen it mentioned on the site but that should be a fine day ride. Hope those of you riding cross country have a safe and enjoyable trip.