• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bestem saddlebag liners

malay

Has anyone used these saddlebag liners? There are regular and wide versions on ebay. Opinions? Thanks.

I have the Bestem bags, besides eBay they have a website too.
No issues at all with the bags, have used them for more than 30 days of travel time since buying them.

Bought them for my K-bike luggage, kept them when I sold it. They work flawlessly in my 02 Wing. I am thinking about getting a set for the C10. Great quality and workmanship, a very good value.

I have a set for my C14 - haven't used them yet, but I'm very impressed with their construction and design.

Reviving this thread from the dead.

I purchased a new set of Bestem liners for the ZG1000, as listed by manufacturer. I called them and ordered one regular size and a large liner. Received the liners this weekend and I have a silly question: are these liners supposed to fit INSIDE the stock Concour C10 saddlebags?

The regular size barely fits in the saddlebags and the large one not even remotely. I am not sure whether I received the wrong product, or if my saddlebags are smaller than stock. Or perhaps these liners are not supposed to fit inside the saddlebags, which sounds absurd to me but who knows.

Here are some photos:

Bestem-01.jpg

Bestem-02.jpg

Bestem-03.jpg

Bestem-04.jpg

Bestem-05.jpg

Could someone with experience with these bags let me know what is going on before I call Bestem back?

Thanks in advance!

I have started using a Pack-It System Eagle Creek travel gear garment folder. I have the Medium size 12" x 18". It fits in the outer section of the c-10 bag as if it was made for it. available on Amazon for about $25.00 It is not water proof but my bags have never leaked. I then use 1 gal. to 3gal. Ziploc bags or dry bags from Walmart to fit all the sections of the inner section of the bag.
The Eagle creek will hold at least 3 days of shirts socks underwear bathing suite and shorts for after riding. The dirty items get moved to the back of the plastic panel that stiffens it Fill it as full as you can and stick it in the saddle bag. The plastic panel fits the bag and keeps it in place while you add things to the inner section.

So I reached out to Bestem asking whether I have received the right liners and this was their response:

"Unfortunately it does look like you received the correct bags on the order.  But unfortunately we have not seen this issue before and I do not see that we have any other style bags for this model.  So if you would like we can have the order returned for a refund but please let us know how you would like to proceed so we will know how to best help out. "

I am not sure how I am the first to realize the liners do not fit in the saddlebags! Well, I think I will return the Bestem and find another solution.

JPD said:
I have started using a Pack-It System Eagle Creek travel gear garment folder. I have the Medium size 12" x 18". It fits in the outer section of the c-10 bag as if it was made for it.

JPD, could you link me to the bags you are referring to? I came across a list of Eagle Creek but nothing on 12"x18" and I take your word they fit the saddlebags.

Thanks in advance!

notsluggo said:
I have a set for my C14 - haven't used them yet, but I'm very impressed with their construction and design.
[/quot

Hope you have better luck then I did.  Used them on one trip and both bags the zippers screwed up!

I did a search for eagle creek pack it medium folder on Amazon. There are several listed. In the text for the medium it's listed as 12" x 18"

I'm not sure how to add a link.

I talked to my wife after I had posted, she said we can get 6 set of shirts, sox, underwear. Extra riding pants get packed in ziploc
bags We do laundry about every 5th day. The hard bag's come into the room with us.

Those are stock side cases. I have Cee Bailey bags and none of them are made to fit the abstract geometry of the inner half of the cases.
I use the multi ziplock bag approach and flatten all the air out of them and can fit 3 days of clothing for a two-up weekend easily.

In the tradition of COG cheapnessfrugality:

For my C10 I found that there is an Ozark Trail duffel bag that I could get from Walmart.  Dunno the dimensions and their website stinks so I couldn't find it, but I found them in the store just last summer for under $20 each.  It's approximately the size of the saddlebag and it's a bright blue.  Someday I may find something better that fits the nooks and crannies, but it did amazingly well for me on my 6k 3-week trip to the Kerrville National.

Edit:  found it.  It's actually the Protege 22" sport duffel.  $13.

JPD said:
I did a search for eagle creek pack it medium folder on Amazon. There are several listed. In the text for the medium it's listed as 12" x 18"

I talked to my wife after I had posted, she said we can get 6 set of shirts, sox, underwear. Extra riding pants get packed in ziploc
bags We do laundry about every 5th day. The hard bag's come into the room with us.
Think this is what you're referring to.
https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Garment-Folder-Medium/dp/B00F9S819U/ref=asc_df_B00F9S819U/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312155865508&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16004377820354542278&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016643&hvtargid=pla-337342738239&psc=1

Bud said:
JPD said:

Think this is what you're referring to.
https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Garment-Folder-Medium/dp/B00F9S819U/ref=asc_df_B00F9S819U/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312155865508&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16004377820354542278&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016643&hvtargid=pla-337342738239&psc=1

Bud You got it right. They do not fill the whole bag only the outer section and stay in place when you open the bags. I still pack the inner sections with individual zip-locks or dry bags. Items you might need on the ride can also be packed in the inner section and you do not have to disturb the items in the Eagle-Creek bag to get to them

All,
I bought the BestEm bags and one of the zippers failed and when I called them they said no problem, we will send you a whole new set.  When I offered to send the broken one back they said not worth it hang on to them...
Great people!  They now have a customer for life...
Gilbysan

gilbysan said:
All,
I bought the BestEm bags and one of the zippers failed and when I called them they said no problem, we will send you a whole new set.  When I offered to send the broken one back they said not worth it hang on to them...
Great people!  They now have a customer for life...
Gilbysan

That’s good news, I bought mine used so I won’t ask, but may buy another set if they stand behind their product like that!