• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

better shock

danny sparks

Looking for information on fitting a better shock .what is available and what will I have to change to make it fit.a lot of people going on about zzr shock. .is there a page on the site were I can get help..cheers

Danny,
The other option is a C14 shock as a replacement. Many folks are very happy with this swap and it can be done at a reasonable cost as well.
Matt

You basically have three options, four if you count the stock shock.

ZZR1200 Shock, C-14 Shock, Progressive Shock.  I am sure there are some others out there, but most go with one the the three I mentioned.

I tried them all, and I personally like the C-14 the best, others will tell you the Progressive is the best, and even more are going to state the ZZR shock is the only way to go.

You just have to pick your poison and try one and see how it does for you.  It is fairly inexpensive to purchase the ZZR and the C-14 shock, but the Progressive is a a bit pricey.

You will need to do some minor modifications to install the ZZR and C-14 shocks, but it is not that difficult and doing a search on this forum will explain the installation.  The Progressive, is simply an install and go with no modifications.

If you are on the heavy side like me, I would go with the C-14 or Progressive.  The ZZR can be a bit soft for heavy riders, at least if was for me.

Hope this helps.

I went with the Progressive 465 shock and did not regret it. Many were going with the C14 shock as they were able to purchase them at a decent price when the C14 owners upgraded their shock.

I'm under the impression that the C-14 shock will raise the b1ke about 1" - 1 1/2".
If you aren't over 6', I think you will need to add a lowering rocker to keep the bike at approx. stock height.

Ride safe, Ted

The need for a lowering rocker for the C-14 should be considered if the other options do not require this.  It does need a lowering rocker. 

Can I use the same Bolts and fittings as c10 when I put the c14.shock on.or do I need the ones that come with the c14.shock. ...

http://forum.cog-online.org/tiressuspension-c10/rear-shock-58159/msg458437/?PHPSESSID=08hq7vgialgk7uluu3jvb3uh35#msg458437

leftrear.jpg

Danny sparks said:
Can I use the same Bolts and fittings as c10 when I put the c14.shock on.or do I need the ones that come with the c14.shock. ...
You need the C-14 bolts and to fabricate a bushing for the lower bolt to fit into the rocker.  Not plug and play.

To do the C14 rear shock you need the following: 1-10mm id x 20mm od x 30mm long bushing for the lower mount, 1 C14 lower mount bolt, grind 1mm off of each side of the upper shock bushing. I reused my top C10 bolt by using a spacer. Do it.