• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Blue Ridge Parkway

dimetraveler

Well looks like if everything goes the right way in the month of Aug ,I will be able to pull off a trip down the BRP with a few friends,i will keep updates posted as the month goes by with final dates and info.I am shooting for the second week in Sept.

Keep an eye out for the LEO's  They target motorcycles.  Especially if you go down Skyline Drive.  Max speed on SLD is 35 MPH, the fun sections are 25mph and it's near impossible to maintain that slow speed.  Also, keep a lookout for the forest critters!

I rode it last year, skipped the Skyline due to the speed limits. This year we are planning another trip in October, after the peepers are all gone. BRP Challenge ll - one day from Waynesboro to Cherokee. When we settle on dates I'll post it on here, but there are three of us currently planning to do this. It's fun!! 10:12 last year.

(and yes for all you naysayers out there, I know (according to you :)) ) I should ride from South to North as I will be too tired in the much more technical Southern end, but I live in Waynesboro. This way make sense for me.)

Are you doing a one day attempt or breaking it up?  :motonoises:

Going to break it up,5 hrs or so to get there ,camp over the first night,start out fresh the next day and wing it from there,i hate making plans and trying to stick to time lines and mileage,my friends like the same way of riding.I am sure it will be a good time.

Tim And Trish said:
I rode it last year, skipped the Skyline due to the speed limits. This year we are planning another trip in October, after the peepers are all gone. BRP Challenge ll - one day from Waynesboro to Cherokee. When we settle on dates I'll post it on here, but there are three of us currently planning to do this. It's fun!! 10:12 last year.

(and yes for all you naysayers out there, I know (according to you :)) ) I should ride from South to North as I will be too tired in the much more technical Southern end, but I live in Waynesboro. This way make sense for me.)

[size=10pt]Don't you have to ride it from South to North to get home the next day?!?  :motonoises:

I'm hoping to make a trip down to the FJR EOM in Maggie Valley the third week of September and will definitely want to include the BRP in the routing for that trip.

COG-528 said:
Tim And Trish said:

[size=10pt]Don't you have to ride it from South to North to get home the next day?!?  :motonoises:

I'm hoping to make a trip down to the FJR EOM in Maggie Valley the third week of September and will definitely want to include the BRP in the routing for that trip.

Last year I'm came back a different route, but that would work.