• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs

Murph

What an invasion !! I've easily killed 2 thousand of these things this week.. They've been shelling corn, I guess its driving them out of the fields.

A new pest, a fall addition to go with our Spring/summer Japanese beetles I guess..

Murph

I just saw a box elder bug in PA. Back in MN the box elders and Japanese lady beetles were terrible - covering the sunny side of your house, nasty!

We get them on occasion in Maine but thankfully not very often. We sometimes get thousands of lady bugs... which were imported to fight aphids. Maine can be a buggy state but this year even the black flies and mosquitoes were no too bad.

The stink bugs have been bad here as well. The spiders have been very plentiful too.

We’re being infested by Jaro spiders from Asia. They are everywhere and get to be about 3” across in size. Fortunately they’re not aggressive and eat mosquitoes of which we have plenty. But they’re everywhere. I kill10-15 a day on the house, cars, and in the yard, Doesn’t begin to scratch the mess.a Apparently they hitched a ride in shipping containers, I’m hoping for a cold winter.