• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brrr Ride Natural Bridge KOA 【11/11-14/2021】

DustyStrom

Brrr is Back!

The Brrr ride celebrates the drawing to a close of the riding season (for most of us) and has long been a staple of the COG NE calendar --- especially for the “COG Camping Crazies.”

Highlights include cabins at the KOA, “Roger / Clyde” style campfire (if it doesn’t move then burn it), great riding, walking down to the Pink Cadillac for communal dinners, (maybe not so much the hike back up the hill to the KOA), gathering for breakfast, freezing our tookas off heading to the Blue Grass charity Pancake Breakfast and especially seeing old friends and meeting new COG'ers. Semi-organized rides are planned for Friday and Saturday. A Sunday [MAY BE SATURDAY] run up to Blue Grass for the annual “Buckwheat Pancake Breakfast Benefit” is planned – we expect the event to be held Sunday, but their schedule is NOT YET ESTABLISHED. Stay tuned to the Forum for news!

We will meet for informal group breakfast at 8am Friday and Saturday and informal group dinner at 6pm at The Pink Cadillac Diner located less than half a mile from the campground.

For those that don’t want to camp at the Brrr Ride, Nov 12-13, 2021

We have a block of rooms at The Natural Bridge hotel in the Veranda Building.

This is the building to the left of the Main Hotel. The rooms have 2 queen beds, $79.00 + Tax

You must call the motel direct.

Natural Bridge Hotel

540 291 2121

There are other types of rooms available in the Main Building.

The Motel is 3 miles away from the KOA

Welcome to the first days of fall, it is certainly crisp with that fall feeling in the air where I am (Blacksburg Va).

The Brrr ride is not too far away!

The Pink Cadillac is OPEN. They, like virtually all restaurants around here, are dealing with significant staffing issues so hours may vary.

Their sister restaurant (Lexington Pancake House - 9.3 miles from KOA) will be open for breakfast if the Pink Caddie is not.

In addition to the KOA main event site Jason has arranged special rooms & rates at the Natural Bridge Hotel (thanks Jason!).

Hope to see many folks - including those crazy Canadians who plan to come down the MABDR - assuming the border is open!

Last edited:
Our Room Block at the Natural Bridge ends Oct13th.
If you book after the 13th you will pay more!
Book Those Rooms.
Jason

Great news - the US Canadian border will reopen to non-essential travel in early November! Hopefully just in time for our Canadian COGers to make it down for Brrr!

Hope to see them (and others), there. The campfire will be burning between cabin 63 & 62.

Great news - the US Canadian border will reopen to non-essential travel in early November! Hopefully just in time for our Canadian COGers to make it down for Brrr!

Hope to see them (and others), there. The campfire will be burning between cabin 63 & 62.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Dusty.
John

HELLO................................
Is anyone out there?

Anyone staying at the Natural Bridge Hotel?
jason

Counting down the days until Brrr!

Got a call from the Allegheny Radio Station (why them is a campfire story) letting me know the Blue Grass Ruritan's had conflicts so the Hunters Pancake Breakfast will be the Saturday AFTER the Brrr ride.

Alas, we will just have to follow Roger123 (aka Roger the Navigator) to an alternative finger freezing food spot!

Dusty, they are calling for Snow up here on the Mountain this coming weekend..................
I hope we get a dose of Indian Summer for the Burr Ride.
Jason

Dusty, they are calling for Snow up here on the Mountain this coming weekend..................
I hope we get a dose of Indian Summer for the Burr Ride.
Jason
Oh oh I seem to recall you had a slippery start to a previous Brrr.

But I have weather faith - still - don't warn the Canadians!

"Canadian snowbirds primed to flock south as US opens border"

Great news, hope we see our Canadian COG buddies!

Leaves are turning here, very pretty. I expect good fall weather for the ride.

Trees are looking beautiful and that Fall "snap" is in the air.

Weather looks to be good - warming all week then a cool down Friday night as a quick cold front rolls over.

Great Brrr weather - good riding and good campfire!

[I checked NWS, Hello Weather, Google, 1Weather and even the "Brian approved" MeteoBlue - they all agree - I think!]

Hope to see folks at the fire by cabin 63

Guy Young recommended steel wool and a 9 volt battery to start the fire 🔥. I'm just gonna wait and see what tricks Roger123 has up his sleeve.

Unless those Canadians bring some Northern Light magic 🌄

Still on for informal group dinners and breakfasts at The Pink Cadillac Diner
(540) 291-2378

But if they have staffing issues for breakfast their sister restaurant The Lexington Pancake House will be open
(540) 458-3840
https://maps.app.goo.gl/47V1tSPwegmrCfZM6
or we'll even try
Ugly Doug's Deli
(540) 706-0146

Completed most of my preps, by which I mean I found about 50% of what I planned to bring. Ah well there is the morning to finish up and then Underway!

Righr now we have both beautiful fall foliage and great views - which means many leaves have already fallen so be cautious in those blind turns, especially if wet.

Hope to see folks, cabin 63 campfire!

Great ride today, fantastic fall colors and even had pie at Woodruffs!!

And now I hear the Norhern Invasion has made it to Altoona and will arrive here at Natural Brisge tomorrow night, oh boy!