• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

BT-023 Followup - C14

matticeca

Big Wheel
A number of posts last fall about these tires, I am wondering if there is any follow up? I got about 7,000 miles out of both the OEM and replacement tires (both dual compound) I put on last year. I am disappointed so I put the 023's on to see how they perform.

Is the bike simply heavy?

The bike's heavy AND FAST  :13: with plenty of power coming out of turns.  Those are the two things that take the life out of tires for this bike.  I would imagine that any tire that works well with this bike will have roughly the same life span.  Let us know how the B023s work out.

BJ_CT said:
The bike's heavy AND FAST  :13: with plenty of power coming out of turns.  Those are the two things that take the life out of tires for this bike.  I would imagine that any tire that works well with this bike will have roughly the same life span.  Let us know how the B023s work out.
WOuld like to know also... Sold on the PR2 and the PR3 sounds like the next choice

I have the 023's on my 09 concours, I only have 3500 miles on the front but it looks new. A buddy with an ST1300 has 11,000 on the front 023 and it is about to the wear bars.

Here's a quick summary, which was conducted by a very experienced tester/racer.  Bike used was a 257 kilo GSX 1250 Zook. All tires sets cost in the 230-255 Pound range over there.

1. Control Tire - Bridgestone BT-003RS - "treacherous" - 'nuff said.

2. 5 Stars - Michelin Pilot Road 3 - "best... by miles".

3. 4 Stars - Dunlop Roadsmart & Bridgstone BT - 023 GT - basically good grip in the wet and ideal road tires.

4. 3 Stars - Michelin Pilot Road 2 & Pirelli Angel ST - Michelin comes out a bit more confidence-inspiring than the Pirelli.

5. Not So Good - Metzler Roadtec Z8 Interac & Avon Storm 2 Ultra ("poorest tire in test")

I've never got 7000 mi. out of any tires. OEM just plain sucked, Pirelli Strata's off at 3800, Michelin 2ct's 4200 but stick, Roadsmarts 2 sets 4400 -5000 they will slip if pushed, pr2's 2 sets 4500 - 5000 & square off badly. Now on ultra storm 2's with only about 700 mi. then going to pr3's. I'm not an experienced racer/ tester but that's my 2 cents worth! :p

You forgot to mention that this test was in the wet! But the PR3 is excellent in the wet. I think better than the Angel and PR2, which are both very good in the wet! But like I said, this test was in the wet!

joe in calif said:
Here's a quick summary, which was conducted by a very experienced tester/racer.  Bike used was a 257 kilo GSX 1250 Zook. All tires sets cost in the 230-255 Pound range over there.

1. Control Tire - Bridgestone BT-003RS - "treacherous" - 'nuff said.

2. 5 Stars - Michelin Pilot Road 3 - "best... by miles".

3. 4 Stars - Dunlop Roadsmart & Bridgstone BT - 023 GT - basically good grip in the wet and ideal road tires.

4. 3 Stars - Michelin Pilot Road 2 & Pirelli Angel ST - Michelin comes out a bit more confidence-inspiring than the Pirelli.

5. Not So Good - Metzler Roadtec Z8 Interac & Avon Storm 2 Ultra ("poorest tire in test")

how do the 23's compare to a pr2 for grip and ware ??
thought i saw a 21 on a new 11, had a letter after the 21 but cant recall. just put my second pr2 on the front last week, had a few miles left but had a track day and 3 day trip planned.

thanks for the time guys,
Joel