• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Burgers in the Sierras RTE - July 8th - East Sierras

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides

Ride in from every direction for a tasty burger meal with great krinkle cut fries and some of the best milkshakes in the Sierras at Walker Burger in Walker, CA on the east side of California's Sierras. This interesting place offers a shaded picnic style area with lots of tables and chairs where we can eat our good food and spend some time talking and lying about motorcycles.

Take any road or route you like to get there about 1PM - where we can join up for social time.

Walker Burger is located in a unique out of the way spot on the east side of the Sierras. Your ride in the Sierras, depending on the route you choose would be about: Reno - less than 2 hours ;  Sacramento - 3 hours ;  Central Valley - 3.25 hours
( Google Map of Walker Burger )

We'll ride there, meet & eat, then back home by your favorite (fastest) route.

My Route: I will be riding up from the Modesto area over Sonora Pass Hwy 108 to Walker Burger. I'll be leaving at 9AM from, The Fruit Yard at 7948 Yosemite Blvd, Modesto, CA 95357 (gas and store) - Anyone that wants to join me on the ride over the pass to the RTE is welcome to join me there! ( Google Map this is my intended route if you care to meet along the way)

They've opened both Ebbetts Pass Hwy 4 and Tioga Pass Hwy 120 over the Sierras.

More routes to Walker Burger

Some scenery if you take Tioga to Walker

Planning this. Proly ride up Friday, spend the night in bishop and try to meet you halfway on your ride in. Any other folks from the Reno area jump in. From the Vegas area proly leave Friday late morn, run across the Valley of Death into the high hills and into Bishop for some schnapps and Bread from the bakery. The Panamint springs/mountain pass is an awesome ride! C U in Walker!

Sailor_chic said:
BIG sigh! Wish I was there. Last year on this date I was riding in that area
I would be great to have you. Next time you're California way, we'll do a gathering at Walker Burger and pick a pass (or two) to ride.  Keep on healing!

Old Man on a Connie said:
Planning this. Proly ride up Friday, spend the night in bishop and try to meet you halfway on your ride in. Any other folks from the Reno area jump in. From the Vegas area proly leave Friday late morn, run across the Valley of Death into the high hills and into Bishop for some schnapps and Bread from the bakery. The Panamint springs/mountain pass is an awesome ride! C U in Walker!
Making a simple RTE in to an adventure by adding distance and days - that's the COGger way. Awesome you can make it!

Booked my lodgings for Fri and Sat night's. Anybody along the route from Vegas to Bridgeport jump in. Always looking to make new friends.  :beerchug: :motonoises: :) Lots of tall tales to tell.

Another member of the shoulder surgery club checking in, unable to ride.  :mad:

Have fun guys...

CaffeineMan said:

Have fun guys...
Age along with gravity and vacuums suck! Get better Cman. Gonna make Wasatch?

CaffeineMan said:

Have fun guys...
Age along with gravity and vacuums suck! Get better Cman. Gonna make Wasatch?

Alas, not gonna make Wasatch.  But, I'm using it as incentive to save money to go to the Kerrville National next year!

Not computer literate!  About goddamn time I got to a place where I can type a message!I'll leave Reno about 10am for Walker Burger on Saturday on my new CanAm Spyder (still have my Connie).
If anyone wants to ride (slowly) with me e-mail me at irishcowboy@peoplepc.com.
Dan Alley (COG #416)

Awesome Dan! Ron and Carol Ramlow may also be there. C U there!  :great: :beerchug:

Great Ride Folks! Thank you to all. I took a RTE and turned it into a 3 day ride. Hey Wanted a weekend ride, I had some skin left on the rear tire I needed to burn off before replacement, I like riding with Keith and the area is AWESOME! From what I counted 4 members and 4 others  :great: :beerchug: Have some stories to tell and pics I need to manipulate. Let's see if these vids work. "PARENTAL WARNING" There will be double yellow line passes and overtakes, maybe even dipping into some curves. Speed limits may have been surpassed. COG and OMC do not recommend or condone these maneuvers. Use your own judgment at all times. The responsibility lies in YOUR wrist.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g2BWqkK3cZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g2BWqkK3cZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great Ride Folks! Thank you to all. I took a RTE and turned it into a 3 day ride. Hey Wanted a weekend ride, I had some skin left on the rear tire I needed to burn off before replacement, I like riding with Keith and the area is AWESOME! From what I counted 4 members and 4 others  :great: :beerchug: Have some stories to tell and pics I need to manipulate. Let's see if these vids work. "PARENTAL WARNING" There will be double yellow line passes and overtakes, maybe even dipping into some curves. Speed limits may have been surpassed. COG and OMC do not recommend or condone these maneuvers. Use your own judgment at all times. The responsibility lies in YOUR wrist.
https://youtu.be/g2BWqkK3cZg

FIFY :beerchug:

Fun fun fun. You almost went full Euro there at the end!  :great:

Too bad Tail-of-the-Squirrel wasn't there for a foto opp.  >:D

SantaCruzRider said:
Fun fun fun. You almost went full Euro there at the end!  :great:

Too bad Tail-of-the-Squirrel wasn't there for a foto opp.  >:D
Ha HAAAAAAAAAAA!  :beerchug: Working on Ralf on FB with the vids. He tells me he hasn't started his bike since we left so no, the throttle cable has not been repaired. I think we wore him out.  ;)