• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C-14 windshield mecanism on C-10?

connie_rider

Has anyone ever attempted to install a C-14 (or other) Windshield mechanism on a C-10?

Yea, I know it sounds like a crazy idea but there is a method for my madness.
I built a version of a MRA Vario Windshield for my C-10.
It sets too low and I was thinking I need to build a taller version, but don't know how tall that would be..  :truce:

Then I thought; hmmm, if it were electric, I could adjust as I wanted...….  >:D

So, have any of you mad scientist's tried this?

Ride safe, Ted

Get a madstad Ted.  It's not electric, but it's adjustable up and down as well as the ability to change the angle.  If I were buying mine all over, I would get the tallest shield so that in the winter, you could have more protection and when it's warmer you can just drop it down to the height of your choice.  With the madstad, you won't have any turbulence problems to fix.  I put up a wanted ad here or the other site, and ended up buying a used one for my son's 87 for under $200 IIRC.  If you try one, I would be surprised if you didn't like it.  No fancy engineering skills required!  :)

I was going to give it a try. There was someone posting in the C14 section for a windshield assy or just the motor but I never pursued it.

I was on this electric adjustable windshield quest (or at least manually adjustable on the fly) for several years for my C10.  Years ago someone had fabbed up a really slick adjustable one using snowmobile slide rail and a 12v drill motor.
The name escapes me, but the result was very nice.

This was before the C14 was around long enough to try and get a hold of its adjustable system reasonably.

Ended up with a MadStad and it is the bomb.  This after trying ALL the others including home made options.  I always ended with some type of issue either in the line of site, turbulence, too hot in summer etc.

Now I have none of those.

My only wish to make the MadStad even better (I know, never happy) was if it was a little easier to adjust on the fly and at speed (or to make it electrically adjustable !!!)

Ted, get the Madstadt brackets, then with judicious use of pulleys, springs, and solenoid operated clamps, you can do Kawasaki one better than the C14 mechanism.
Maybe Harry Martin can help you design it  :)