• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10 Seat

I have a 06 stocker and may be interested in a swap. By "rock hard" did it come that way or has it aged to that?

Doug, Corbin's claim to fame is tied to that rock hard seat.  They are known for being on the hard side of firm.  Some swear by em, others swear at em.  Ya might wanna give it a try though.  I found my personal best fit to be the Beaded Taxi Seat Cover over the stocker.  It gives me firm AND cool.  However, this is getting to be the time of year having the firm another way might be good.  :eek:

You might try some alternatives to replacing it.  I have beads on mine like Rev.  I would never go without them.  Looks uncomfortable as can be but give them a try.

I have been fairly comfortable on the stock seat thus far but have only done about a 3 hour day.  :-\ I may be interested in a "try it b4 you buy it" swap and would cover shipping to test it. If that intrests you. My seat has under 7000 miles on it. The 06 is the step up style Connie seat.

Sitting on them wooden ball bearings looks a tad scarry to me.  :eek: I could imagine just rolling off the side of the bike on the first good corner or perhaps rolling up over the tank at the first stop sign!  ;) But I have heard good things from others as well concerning them. 

doug said:
I have been fairly comfortable on the stock seat thus far but have only done about a 3 hour day.  :-\ I may be interested in a "try it b4 you buy it" swap and would cover shipping to test it. If that intrests you. My seat has under 7000 miles on it. The 06 is the step up style Connie seat.

Sitting on them wooden ball bearings looks a tad scarry to me.  :eek: I could imagine just rolling off the side of the bike on the first good corner or perhaps rolling up over the tank at the first stop sign!  ;) But I have heard good things from others as well concerning them.

Wooden Ball Bearings FOREVER!

Y e a h  B a b y !

You have to try different things for yourself. Whats good for one isn't necessarily good for the next person. For example: I tryed the wood beads because people rave about them. I personally found them to be the most painful thing I ever sat on . I had to stop after an hour and get them off the bike. So like I said, it's all trial and error for things like that. Personally I liked the Corbin with an Alaskan sheep skin over it.

I find the first 100 miles of any trip painful and most every seat I have used fills worse the first 100 over the second 100 miles.  It is the 500-800 mile area that I judge a seat at.  While I like the beads in hot 80+ weather they are not as good in cool for me.  Now a Russel Daylong is well good day long.

I'm using an Air Hawk cushion along with the standard Concours seat and that's the only thing that I've found that works for me so far.  I've had both the Corbin and Russell Day-Long and wasn't happy with either one of them.  The secret with the Air Hawk seat is to use a minimal amount of air, just enough to keep your rear up off of the motorcycle seat.

I have a stock seat from a 90 if that will fit. It has some small wear around the bottom edges. Ill send pics if your interested. Oh, and I'm willing to trade if you have anything available, I could really use a stock windscreen and other misc items.

Ted