• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C14 Luggage

Bill_Hood_BC

Big Wheel
Any recommendations for a good trunk for the C14? I am looking for something that will fit on the bike, look decent(match the side bags)and not break the bank.

I bought the one from JC Whitney for 85 bucks. Its not bad for the price. I painted the orange band silver to match my C14 and it came out great. It looks a lot like the Givi but its 1/3 the price. The bracket isn't too obtrusive and the truck unmounts with the turn of a key. Nice feature when you don't want the truck on the back.

Murph's Kits has the 42 and 46 liter Shad trunks which for the money are super, he also has color match tops for the 46L. I have the 42, and find it perfect for the C14. Look in the vendors section for his link Rich Riczinger COG 5977 Tech Editor,The Concourier

I put the Givi V46 on my C14. It took 4 hours and the directions left much to be desired, I thought...and, I only ended up with 2 extra bolts at the end of the job. I also have the brake light kit but I don't think I'm going to put it on. anyway, the trunk is really great. Much easier to put things in (like my helmet and jacket) than the side bags. I'm still getting the hang of shutting the latch.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look around and see what I can find. I did inquire about ordering a Shad trunk from Murphs kits but unfortuneately they can't export to Canada yet. I will see if there is a Canadian distributor and try that route, or take a trip to the US and pick one up.

Try the JC Whitney one - it's what I got - it's cheap enough to be a throwaway, it fits nice, does not look bad and could be made to look better, and carries plenty. You need to get a better luggage rack first, though. I got the one from Phillip in Texas.

What about the trunk that you can order that is made for this bike , Anything i want to read about on here isnt here ?????????????

What about the trunk that you can order that is made for this bike , Anything i want to read about on here isnt here ?????????????
Post a new discussion asking about the OEM trunk, those who have it will fill you in. Everybody likes to talk about their farkels. :)

I had a bad experience with the JC Whitney trunk. It may even be the one you guys are talking about. The first one came from the factory with the latch broken. The second one lasted until I got to my destination, and one of the hingest broke. I rode home with it duct taped. I was on a KLR at the time, so it didn't matter much. When I got home, I called them to complain about their faulty product. "Sir, I'm sorry, but we're not replacing the second one." I threw it out, and bought a GIVI.