• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Call me Darth Privateer

Gypsy JR

I have been converted to the Dark Side. You may henceforth call me Darth Privateer.

Today I made a deal with Williamsport Harley Davidson to purchase a 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide in Wicked Saphhire color.

CVO is custom vehicle operations, meaning it is hand painted, hand assembled, and has everything they can hang on it installed.

Thanks to the VA for assisting me in converting to the Dark Side.

If my ZX14 doesn't sell, I'll have 2 bikes. So be it. You don't know the POWER of the Dark Side!

I'll let you know if I can quit my job in a week or so, after the monetary award is signed off (3 signatures needed from Department of Labor) and they tell me what it is. It is enough for the bike, but the question is, how much MORE is it. LOL.

Hopefully I can still be a COG member, lol. I mean, I'll be an automatic HOG member, and HOG rhymes with COG.....

Maybe you could get in a good 12 step program before you buy all the pirate clothes and get way to deep into chrome, leather and skulls. 

Congrats on the new bike.  :p

LOL I'm afraid I'm not going to fit in. Anyone that has gotten to know me (not an easy thing) knows I detest the possers who put on chain vests and do-rags and big boots and ride their Harley for 30 minutes to the hang out so they can be badass.

I will wear the same leather jacket I've worn for almost 30 years (it saved my hide once or twice, and been back to Just Leather in San Jose, CA to be repaired and rebuilt already) and the same chaps I've had almost that long.

But I can't see me wearing my Sidi racing air boots while riding it, though my Sidi Way Rain boots will fit right in. So I need to find a air boot that isn't a race boot.

Anyone want an almost brand new pair of Sidi Cobra Air boots? LOL just kidding, I'm keeping them in case I get tapped for a moon mission.

And I will always wear a DOT helmet, something my Legion Rider brothers and sisters just can't quite understand. We were in PA and they all had their helmets off all the time. Not me, if I fall down and go boom, I want to be able to walk and feed myself afterward.

Wow, congrats.....can't wait to see pics, and hear about the list of mods....

That is the nice thing about the Ultra, tho, really not much to do.  70,000 on my 04, but I can ride all year here.

I'm afraid I had to delay because VA is stuffing me on the disability claim. I have to appeal most of it. I'm sure I'll get it, but its going to take 6 months or so for hearings.

Privateer said:
I'm afraid I had to delay because VA is stuffing me on the disability claim. I have to appeal most of it. I'm sure I'll get it, but its going to take 6 months or so for hearings.

Sorry to hear...Don't know why they run that way.    However, thank you for your service.

Its just a pain to have to request in-person hearings to try to avoid formally appealing and going to court.

We found 3 significant mistakes in the decision, which alone account for 100% worth of rating points. Things like they didn't read the medical record or only part of it.

I have confidence we will get to at least 90%, the finally 10% is really tough, but I think we can get it. If I got myself fired it would be a done deal, but I don't think I want to approach it that way.