• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Can I swap a 2015 C14 shock into my 2008 C14

jimholder2129

I have a high mileage 2008 c14. I want to put a low mileage 2015 c14 shock on it. I think it's just bolt on. Is this correct. Any help is appreciated.

The adjuster mounting is different. Swap the adjusters over but ensure they are both backed off and inverted when you uncrew the hose.

So, the shock that Jim is installing has a stiffer spring than his original?

KH, as we can see; the stiffer spring was added 1 year after the superior Red (2014) Connie.
(I guess that they learned that "the RED C-14 was so fast", that they needed a beter suspension/stronger spring).

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
KH, as we can see; the stiffer spring was added 1 year after the superior Red (2014) Connie.
(I guess that theylearned that "it was so fast", that they needed a stronger spring).

Ride safe, Ted
OMG 🤮 , let us know how your next / latest Roll-Ons go…

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Just an update on replacing a stock 2008 C14 shock with a stock 2015 C14 shock.No modifications were needed. You do not have to swap the adjuster as was suggested. The mounting is the same. It's simple.
Unbolt the old one and bolt in the new one. Everything is the same.
Figured it would be the same installing but do you notice the spring rate change?

You do not have to swap the adjuster as was suggested. The mounting is the same.

It was obviously a 2009 built 2010+ bike the used one was from.

You do not have to swap the adjuster as was suggested. The mounting is the same.

It was obviously a 2009 built 2010+ bike the used one was from.
Obviously. Definitely. If you say so. Absolutely. It was a 2009 built in 2015 for sure. He had a time machine. Maybe next time don't reply. If you don't know for sure. I know. I did it. You were not there. I posted the outcome to let everyone know who might be considering this in the future. This forum is becoming trash. I was previously warned. Ted with that red is the fastest schtick every time some one posts is getting old. Most of you people just have to reply with snarky answers.You carry on like high schoolers on just about every post in here. Grow up. I'm done.

Obviously. Definitely. If you say so. Absolutely. It was a 2009 built in 2015 for sure. He had a time machine. Maybe next time don't reply. If you don't know for sure. I know. I did it. You were not there. I posted the outcome to let everyone know who might be considering this in the future. This forum is becoming trash. I was previously warned. Ted with that red is the fastest schtick every time some one posts is getting old. Most of you people just have to reply with snarky answers.You carry on like high schoolers on just about every post in here. Grow up. I'm done.
Jim, there will be other COG members who will find ur modification beneficial, as we've seen many first gen (2008+09) bikes come up for sale lately. I think some of the comments, especially bout different spring rates, were meant to extract some specific numbers confirming the differences in the years. Im presuming this, and some of us would have liked to have had some confirmation as to that fact. As we have seen over the longevity of the c14, there have been many minor changes, but we have also seen major changes with the brakes (linking abs). Ive seen many a posting go into specific details about the 'mod' and I know I myself was looking for the specific dates for when the spring rates changed and how so.

Pretty short fuse you got there Jim. Part of growing up involves self control and learning how to handle ones temper. Learning how to be respectful is a big one. You would do well to take your own advice and grow up. This group is quite happy to avoid people that explode over nothing. Happy trails Jim.

I thought everyone liked my RED comments {??}.

Everyone else knows that the RED comments are posted in fun.
& As far as RED being fastest. It's twuuu, it's twuuu!!

Well at least ya learned somethin' before ya was done..
ie; Ted with that red is the fastest schtick

Ride safe, Ted (Glad I could help)

Last edited: