• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CANAAN VALLEY WV WEEKENDER SEPT 27-29

hello all, hey just confirmed the details for the cog in canaan weekender and they are still going to give us a great rate at 59.00 a night and quite possibly be in their new building if it is completed, canaan is always a great time and we are looking forward to seeing everyone there,all the details are located on the schedule page and if you need more info hit me up, as jason says  book those rooms  :)    thanks joe

We just came back from weekend of skiing at Canaan Valley.
Renovations are underway at the lodge!
The lobby is all gone! Snack bar is now registration.
Can't wait to see it when its done.

jason

I was really looking forward to this. Called the resort, and found out the block of rooms is down a flight of stairs.

That was the end of it for me. Maybe next year if the rooms are where I can get to them.  :beerchug:

Can't make the Dog Days and this will be a new area for me so I will make this one.Kind of a tossup for me as the Lake George week end is the same time and 350 miles closer.

I rode through Canaan Valley over the weekend..........

The resort renovations are going strong! I can't wait to see the view from the top floor windows overlooking the valley!
Jason

hey, hope you all can make it, the canaan area has awesome roads in any direction you travel, book those rooms and have good tires  :motonoises:

I called last week and booked a room also.
Can only come for one night, but hoping we get to stay in the new wing!
jason

Been wanting to get back to Canaan for a few years, but not in the cards this year. Had to choose Lake George over this to ease the logistics... need to be home by mid-day Sunday to attend an afternoon/evening wedding. 

Joe_Cyprych_PA said:
hello all, hey just confirmed the details for the cog in canaan weekender and they are still going to give us a great rate at 59.00 a night and quite possibly be in their new building if it is completed, canaan is always a great time and we are looking forward to seeing everyone there,all the details are located on the schedule page and if you need more info hit me up, as jason says  book those rooms  :)    thanks joe

Sounds good, but I'll be in Lake George that w/e.

Ya'll ride safe.

Hi, any routes laid out for us to take a look at or things to do? Should be a great time to be in that area. We are ready to get on the road!

hi wayne, sorry for the slow reply, just got back from that area spent a weekend down in boyer, still trying to wipe the smile from my face  :great: what a great area for riding, anyhow as far as routes you can hook up with myself or any groups that are going out for some great rides or check this link out  www.pocahontascountywv.com  go to motorcycle touring and check out downloadable maps, this is a great website for the area that we will be riding in, i rode just about all of the loops and they are all great. need anything more let me know.  see ya soon.  thanks joe

wayne, yes thats a great website for wv info, bob thanks for the links, just got off the phone with canaan to add more rooms to our block our orignal block filled up, so if you called,call again theres rooms added now to our group, any questions, problems ?  hit me up.  thanks joe

Joe_Cyprych_PA said:
hey sorry to hear that guy, not sure why they picked the same weekend as canaan, you coulda done both. have fun

Or visa-versa.  :'(

It is what it is. Would like to get back over there and see the results of their renovations. I definitely like that place.

I just called and changed my reservation from one night to two!

YEA!

Hope we get in the new rooms!
jason

Next week we will be on our way!! Plan on lunch Thursday at the Crabby Pig in Cumberland and Cannan mid afternoon. About 500 miles fore us so we plan on 250 mile days and arrive rested.Will take a differant ride home and split it the same way.The long range weather forcast does not look to bad.If we don't get one day of hard rain we feel slighted!

hey sounds good wayne, looking forward to meeting up with you guys, on another note i received a email from dale, dale i can not reply to your email for some reason, so pm me here and i will return your message, i also had more rooms added on to our block so if anyone has a room problem let me know.  thanks joe

Hey all.  I'm in Marlinton this weekend warming up the roads for you.  Next Saturday the 28th is the roadkill cookoff here.  Might be worth checking out.  I hear the food is pretty good, but I'm a week too early.  :truce:

jason, be good to see the gang again, hey s.r you might want to stay all week and hook up with us  :motonoises:  hey have fun and be safe

Scott,
I will be heading out either fri or really early sat am. What time were you planning on for Fri?  I am in College Park UMD area.
Matt
PM me

hey just got off the phone with nicole green from canaan, she explained that our block of rooms has been sold out, but there are still rooms available and they will honor our group rate and there are still rooms ( as of now ) in the same building, so when calling mention your with the cog group for the rate and ask to be placed in our building, if anyone has any room problems nicole green now handles group sales and said feel free to contact her and she will handle it. looking forward to seeing everyone soon, any more questions or info let me know. thanks joe

mattchewn said:
Scott,
I will be heading out either fri or really early sat am. What time were you planning on for Fri?  I am in College Park UMD area.
Matt
PM me

PM sent

Scott_Simon_VA said:
mattchewn said:
Scott,
Matt
PM me

PM sent

Is it possible we might have a small group riding from Maryland to the 2014 National together too? That would be awesome!

I'm so tired of not being able to ride, just getting to where I might be able to ride to the Fall NE or this one (which has always been fun but aren't they all?) but another surgery about to be scheduled so I have to mark time yet again.

I'm going to wear out 2 pair of tires in 2014, maybe 3.  :rotflmao: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

Y'all have fun and be careful!

If you should happen to wander down to the New River Gorge Bridge and be looking for a place for lunch, check out the Secret Sandwich Society in Fayetteville.  The meatloaf sandwich and beer I had were really good!

Canaan's facebook pages says that the new lobby and one wing of the new hotel are open! Maybe we'll get to try out the new rooms!

jason

Hey Jay,
We gonna ride to Roanoke again? :)  Looking forward to riding with all you Johnstowners again. Craig coming? See you all on Fri or Sat early.
Matt

HI HO  HI HO Its off to Canaan Wayne and Tony go. See all Thursday afternoon!Itlooks like the weather is going to be GREAT.

Well,
Looks like I am gonna over nite tomorrow in Romney and be in Canaan in the early am Fri ready to ride!
Matt

ok, weather is looking great, building up to be a great turnout, looking forward to seeing old and new friends again  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Booked a room this morning...no problems.  My nephew and I are coming down from Ontario.

I dug up the Garmin GDB file with 12 suggested routes from the 2007 National at Canaan.  If anyone is interested, PM me and I will Email the file to you.  Looking forward to seeing 'the gang' again!

Brian Jordan
COG480

HEY YOU GUYS FROM MARYLAND...................

Can you snag me a couple Maryland State Road maps?
My supply has been depleted.

tks,
jason

Jay,
Sorry Bud, I am already in Romney, WV. Left home at noon. Heading to Davis in the AM. I can mail you one when I get home though.
Matt

hey big thanks to everyone who was able to attend, you cant beat the canaan area for a get together, to me this is what cog is all about  :great:

Great weekend for sure!
Had a wonderful ride home yesterday after first heading south so that we could run route 33 one more time.

And you know if the new rooms are $100 plus range I'd much stay in the old cheap rooms! Frugal Cogger that I am.

jason

And yet another fantastic ride with COG goes in the books. I am so glad I have joined this group. I continue to meet great new people  and have a wonderful time riding with them. Best time and money I have ever spent!
Thanks Joe, I had a really fantastic time this past weekend and it was really nice to meet you as well.
Matt