• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Canadian members ??

andydude

Hello !! Just wondering if there are any northeast members here from New Bruswick, Canada ??  If so give me a holler !!

Thank s !
Andy

andydude said:
Hello !! Just wondering if there are any northeast members here from New Bruswick, Canada ??  If so give me a holler !!

Thank s !
Andy

Hello, Andy:

According to our 2012 membership handbook, there are five COG members in New Brunswick. If you join COG as a full member, you'll be able to access directory information for all members.

Simon

Cobourg, ON Canada

That's Awsome guys thank you !! I'd like to hook up with them eventually and organize some rides maybe !! Maybe they are right in my back yard ..... Who knows !! Thanks again !! :)

Hey AndyDude!

I'm in Middle Sackville, NS just outside Halifax?  Where in NB are you?  I know a fellow COG member in Moncton.

At the Rhode Island spring rally last week, we had a contingent of 5 Canadians if I'm not mistaken.

Claude

Motorcycleclaude said:
Hey AndyDude!

I'm in Middle Sackville, NS just outside Halifax?  Where in NB are you?  I know a fellow COG member in Moncton.

At the Rhode Island spring rally last week, we had a contingent of 5 Canadians if I'm not mistaken.

Claude

I think you are correct Claude.

AndyDude -  Please come check out at one of our activities this year.  Better yet, please considering joining COG so you can take advantage of the resources the club has to offer to help find other Canadian members and to assist in the planning and promotion of any rides you would like to organize.

You can find out how to covert to full membership in this thread.
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,26184.0.html

That is true- I walked up to a group of folks in the hotel parking lot only to realize they were all speaking Canadian. The giveaway is always words like 'A-boot' when they really mean 'about'. Not to mention the 'A's all over the place. Why they use those as frequently as we in RI [do not use] 'R's. Maybe it is some kind of cosmic letter balance act?

;D

Brian

Motorcycleclaude said:
<snip>

Claude

Motorcycleclaude said:
Hey AndyDude!

Claude

Thank you sooo much Claude ! Yes i'm in Moncton as well so maybe that guy and you and i could meet sometime !! I'm leaving june 6th for Americade and then south to Deals Gap in N.C.    Wish i could of attended the spring rally..... how was it ??

Motorcycleclaude said:
Hey AndyDude!

Claude

Claude:

I'm sorry we didn't get to talk more in Rhode Island ... and who were the other two Canucks beside Dave Clancy and myself?

Simon

BDF said:
That is true- I walked up to a group of folks in the hotel parking lot only to realize they were all speaking Canadian. The giveaway is always words like 'A-boot' when they really mean 'about'. Not to mention the 'A's all over the place. Why they use those as frequently as we in RI [do not use] 'R's. Maybe it is some kind of cosmic letter balance act?

;D

Brian

Brian:

We did not, in fact, invent the "eh" word." It was brought over the pond -- perhaps unknowingly -- by boat-loads of Brits. My mother, who was from Southeast London, and my father, who hailed from Huncoat in Lancashire, were frequent users of the word.

There is a difference, though, between how the Brits. use the word and how the Canadians use the word. The Brits. generally use it a verbal question mark, either to get someone to repeat what they just said (because they couldn't quite hear it), or to indicate that they don't understand -- or believe -- what somebody just said ("Eh ... a man with three buttocks?").

Now, we lumberjacks up here, we use eh to express approval and satisfaction ("Beauty day, eh?" ... Vancouver for the Cup, eh?"), or, in some instances, utter dissatisfaction ("Conrad Black, what a hoser, eh!?").

Gotta go, my "chowda" is gettin' cold, eh? ...

Simon

Motorcycleclaude said:
<snip>

Claude

Shaft-Drive said:
I'm sorry we didn't get to talk more in Rhode Island ... and who were the other two Canucks beside Dave Clancy and myself?

Dave +1
Claude D
Alex M
Barry P
Rod N
Barry P

S Smith said:
Shaft-Drive said:

Dave +1
Claude D
Alex M
Barry P
Rod N
Barry P

Thanks, Steve. Too bad I didn't get to meet the other Canadians besides Claude.

Simon

DannyL said:
I'm Canadian! (sounds like an add....... :beerchug)

the COG Northeast has a new AAD, Chris Dupuis, who is in the greater Montreal area.  We'll get his contact info on the web page ASAP.  In the mean time, you should be able to look him up via the member list over in the member area on the main web pages.