• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cancelled: Brrr 11/9-13/2023

DustyStrom

Brrr is back!

Please see Brrr Event

(I know it is warm out there at the Dog Days event, but not too early to start thinking electric jackets and heavy gloves!)

As Jason might say, "Book those Cabins!"

Hope all are having a happy Labor Day Weekend. On the radio an announcer said Labor Day marked the end of summer.

The leaves are indeed falling in my driveway and scattering all over so looks like the beginning of fall -- but wait, actually it's just that my neighbor's tree has died!

Still it's not too soon to start thinking about the fall season, bone-chilling cold and the roaring campfire at the Brrr!

Look forward to seeing you there.

Only 1 week until Fall arrives (ok Autumn if you prefer). Either way it's time to start thinking Brrr.

If the weather is not yet trending cooler for you just empty that refrigerator, crawl inside and curl up for a few hours! (Except you Canadians, probably snowing heavily already in that mystery country to the North).

Roger is itching to burn something so bring your old worn out Kermit chairs.

Dusty,
Those of us who are not as "Strong as the Horsemen" :) will be in Staunton, Va. at the HO JO this weekend!
Perhaps we can meet up for Lunch Saturday?

Oh, just an FYI, used Kermit chairs are bringing a premium price on the BMW MOA forum. A new one is like $300!
Jason

Oh boy it is suddenly cool, breezy and Autumn like here in SWVa!

Making my official shift over from mesh jacket to my trusty well worn First Gear all season jacket.

Think Brrr!

Oh boy it is suddenly cool, breezy and Autumn like here in SWVa!

Making my official shift over from mesh jacket to my trusty well worn First Gear all season jacket.

Think Brrr!
The rally needs a name added on for all jarheads riding on the 10th November, (might be me).
If I join you from RI, will you add on Marine Corps Birthday/Veterans Day?????.
As of this posting I am recruiting my fellow riders near me to attend your rally see how much interest I can gather.
Rick from RI, Devil Dog.

As I hit my 22nd year of being in COG I have seen many things, met many great folks and attended many great "Brrr" rides.

Alas I am canceling this years Brrr.

As we Horsemen tend to (cough cough) age, more and more of us are struck with family illness and situations that require our time and focus.

I've seen that hit many of us and family always comes before motorcycling.

Will "reschedule" 2023 Brrr to the 2024 "Un-Brrr"! Likely April 22-26, 2024. Stay tuned to COG calendar and Forum to hear more.

(Would add CANX in title but don't know how to edit title)

As I hit my 22nd year of being in COG I have seen many things, met many great folks and attended many great "Brrr" rides.

Alas I am canceling this years Brrr.

As we Horsemen tend to (cough cough) age, more and more of us are struck with family illness and situations that require our time and focus.

I've seen that hit many of us and family always comes before motorcycling.

Will "reschedule" 2023 Brrr to the 2024 "Un-Brrr"! Likely April 22-26, 2024. Stay tuned to COG calendar and Forum to hear more.

(Would add CANX in title but don't know how to edit title)
Cabin canceled, was already to go to Virginia,maybe next year.

Cabin canceled, was already to go to Virginia,maybe next year.
Devil Dog, some of us might go to Staunton Va. this coming weekend. Watching the weather forecast! Will make a decision later in the week. We will stay at the ho jo express if we go. Will post up here when decision is made.
jason

Devil Dog, some of us might go to Staunton Va. this coming weekend. Watching the weather forecast! Will make a decision later in the week. We will stay at the ho jo express if we go. Will post up here when decision is made.
jason
Thanks for the heads up. Probably busy here though.

jason
Jason, this upcoming w/e, or the w/e of the cancelled Brrr Ride (Nov. 9-12)?

This weekend! Nov 3, 4, 5, Weather looks good. no use waiting for Nov 9-12 as it could go to shit by then.
jason
Appreciate it. I'll be at the Urbanna Oyster Festival (VA) this w/e staying at a river house down on the Piankatank River.

Ya'll have fun.

Perused the VA traffic cams while eating lunch, and saw this on Rte. 250 just west of Staunton:

snow2-XL.jpg

You can't see it in the pix, but snow is still coming down at a fair clip.

Snow is gone. Weather looks great this weekend in Staunton and a bunch of my local gang is headed to the HoJo express. All welcomed to join in the fun.
Jason

Only 2 coggers,, myself & Don Clements in attendance this weekend, But we had 14 riders in total show up for the weekends fun & games!
see you next year.
jason

This was a non-biking w/e for me. Rode down to Urbanna, VA for the Oyster Festival. Spent the better part of Friday afternoon troubleshooting and repairing an electrical issue on the river house’s pier (belongs to a friend). Finished off the evening with a nice steak w/fixuns and a few beers.

IMG_1683-L.jpg

IMG_1694-L.jpg

Hit the crowds Saturday in Urbanna proper and supported as many of the food vendors as possible for oysters – raw, gumbo, chowder, stew, etc. A good day. Back at the river house, it was homemade Brunswick Stew, and a few more beers.

IMG_1698-L.jpg

IMG_1699-L.jpg

IMG_1702-L.jpg

Headed back to the barn mid-day Sunday. It was a good w/e.

Last edited:
This was a non-biking w/e for me. Rode down to Urbanna, VA for the Oyster Festival. Spent the better part of Friday afternoon troubleshooting and repairing an electrical issue on the river house’s pier. Finished off the evening with a nice steak w/fixuns and a few beers.

IMG_1683-L.jpg

IMG_1694-L.jpg

Hit the crowds Saturday in Urbanna proper and supported as many of the food vendors as possible for oysters – raw, gumbo, chowder, stew, etc. A good day. Back at the river house, it was homemade Brunswick Stew, and a few more beers.

IMG_1698-L.jpg

IMG_1699-L.jpg

IMG_1702-L.jpg

Headed back to the barn mid-day Sunday. It was a good w/e.

We spent Saturday afternoon with you. Oysters, craft beers, bacon wrapped scallops, and kettle corn for the walk out.

Good to support a small local town.

Started the day by sending several 100 rounds down range at our local club.

I worked for a colleague on Sunday or Staunton would have looked good also.

We spent Saturday afternoon with you. Oysters, craft beers, bacon wrapped scallops, and kettle corn for the walk out.

Good to support a small local town.

Started the day by sending several 100 rounds down range at our local club.

I worked for a colleague on Sunday or Staunton would have looked good also.

"Started the day by sending several 100 rounds down range at our local club."

I need to do that, but I'll need to carry a lot more rounds than that just to get my count down. "My range" is ~26 miles one-way (with tolls), and it is just inconvenient enough that I can't take full advantage of it. Wasn't too bad when I was working on that side of town 'cause I could run out there over my lunch break and pop a few rounds. Now retired, it's more of an effort.