• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CDA

flyboy3107

I have done it with my 1995 Concours. It was probably first ride of the season in the northeast, still a little sandy on the roads. I was coming out of a parking lot on to Route 114 in Middleton, MA. Sitting at a red light waiting for our light to change green, the car in front of me starts to go, and I follow. Don't know what he saw, but he jams on his brakes, I do the same and front tire was on sand. Bike goes down, I didn't even fall, bike slid out from under me, I landed on my feet. Guy who stopped fast either didn't see it or didn't care and takes off. My bike is in the middle of 114 with me standing beside it. People driving by asking if I am OK. I was fine. One guy drives by and asks if I need a hand. I say yeah can you help me pick it up? I was just kidding with him. More embarrassing than anything. Picked up bike and went on my way.

Yep I learned the hard way that going is not gone.  I was on my C10 at a light, light went green.  I was third back in line.  About when I was in the middle of the intersection the entire line stopped.  I stopped.  The guy behind me did not. 

I heard his GF yell, he was reaching for a coke, I grabbed on for life to the sound of skidding tires.  I was bounced about 15 feet but only fell over at the last second.  Luckily the traffic moved just enough to not get crunched. 

The guy runs up to help me put the bike on two wheels and we can't get it to move.  Yep its in neutral... still will not move.  I look and there is a huge chunk of his front bumper in my back wheel/fender.  It was the only reason the bike fell over.  The tire was stuck and sliding.  I kicked the crap out of it and got it out. 

After the cops wrote him up and I was sure I could ride the busted bike he offered to follow me home with my busted bags and other parts.  I said not behind me your not. 

It did work out but still, going is not gone.  Stay awake people.