• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Central Illinois Coffee Invitation

dano59

Mini Bike
^-^
I am a new member and connie owner so I thought I would through out an invitation to the Central Illinois area to come med for some coffee at my coffee shop in Charleston Illinois.
I have been wanting to meet some people in the area that are COG members so I thought "why not just invite some people"?
So here we go, this of course is not an official Cog event and I hope this is going in the correct area of the forum.

Let's just pick a date and see what happens......how about July 9th at 9am.

Come on out and say hi, have a Coffee and a bagel or sweet roll, relax and meet.

Of course come visit anytime but let's see who shows up.

My shop is called Jackson Avenue Coffee. Some call it the JAC. We are at 708 Jackson Avenue in Charleston Ill. A half block east of the southeast corner of the Charleston square.

Anyone interested?

Thanks
Dano59

I don't think I can make it in July, but there were at least a 1/2 dozen Coggers that stayed in Charlston on the way to the Moonshine Lunch Run last April. 

If you set somthing up for next April, I am going to try and make it, and I would love to buy some of your coffee.

I'm out of town July 9, but travel through Charleston occasionally. I live near Springfield.  I know several C14 riders in Alton.  I'll make a point to stop by your shop next time I am through there.

Tunes
(Steve)

Damn 7hr 23min for a cup of coffee :-\.
Looks like I had better start packing my overnight bag ;)

Dano - you want to add this to the online Calendar of Events? If so, PM me with complete details and your contact info (email/phone) to add to the calendar entry.

A quick reminder that tomorrow morning will be the first Meet and Greet at Jackson Avenue Coffee in Charleston Illinois at 9 am
Just seeing if anyone from the area wants to get together since I am new to the group and haven't met any connie owners yet and it didn't seam like any get togethers were posted for the area.
Thanks

No shows at first meet and greet. Oh well, I put on my block off plates and stick coils in front in shop while I waited.

Hello Dano.  I like to ride to eat but I was on vacation that weekend.  I noticed an open invitation to come visit though.  I will come visit when I get an open weekend. 

dreambike said:
Hello Dano.  I like to ride to eat but I was on vacation that weekend.  I noticed an open invitation to come visit though.  I will come visit when I get an open weekend.

Dreambike; that would be great. Make sure to let me know so I can meet up with you if my schedule allows.

No one came to the first meet and greet but that's no big deal. Just trying to open the opportunity for the area.

Looks like that ride in your area, Daniel Boon if I remember right looks nice.

Dano...  these casual meet n greet take time to build momentum. Also consider that not all members participate on the forum. I suggest sending a copy of the event schedule to your area newsletter editor to get included there, as well as having your local AAD add it to the online schedule.  This way your event info reaches all NC members.  Good luck

Oh yes I realize it takes time and disappointment was not the result by any means. If not anything else the Moonshine ride will give me a chance to meet a bunch of riders since Moonshine is berry close to me. I think I will see if I can set up a meet at the shop early and then ride as a group over there. I have live music every Saturday night also so maybe some people will want to hang in the local area. Who knows, just rambling.

Dano - No prob.  Just wanted to let you know what your options are to promote an activity...  Great idea on meeting up and riding to Moonshine.

Going to hang out at JAC Saturday morning and see if anyone in the area that isn't at Nationals wants to get together.
See ya there if you get the chance. :)

Dano,
I don't get on the forum very much and I just stumbled across this thread.  I live in Decatur and get to Charleston every now and then.  I'll stop by sometime and introduce myself.  Take care.
Jeff