• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Charlotte NC

Oz in NC

Looking around for anyone in the area, to see when can we plan a maintenance day or a ride.

Oz - 2012 C14

We used to do NC/SC Challenge RTE with bragging rights for the state with the highest turnout. Maybe we can revive that. I’m only 200 miles away and I’d be up for it. Anyone else?

Sounds good. When are you thinking?
As Jim says, let’s get Bugnut ((Mike Laven) involved. He’s our nearest AAD in SC. He’s up to his keister in a big project at work right now but maybe July. We’re doing a RTE in Mississippi in May,, National rally is June, then nothing in July.
Let’s see what happens.

Maybe you and Bugnut could hatch up something for the fall? Just a thought.

We had a NC/SC Challenge Ride (called the CONClave) scheduled for May (I think) last year that got canceled due to Covid-19. It was to be hosted by the current champion, SC, and was to be held in either Rock Hill, SC or Indian Land, SC.

Id be interested too! Speaking of maintenance does anyone know of someone around that can do valve adjustments, that is trusted? I just hit around 17K on my 2012, but have a gasket leak not bad, just annoying. I've done some minor work on the bike myself, but don't think I'm comfortable going in that deep right now! I reached out to Matt up in Maryland, which if he is still doing this would be a possible road trip for me!
Mike

Id be interested too! Speaking of maintenance does anyone know of someone around that can do valve adjustments, that is trusted? I just hit around 17K on my 2012, but have a gasket leak not bad, just annoying. I've done some minor work on the bike myself, but don't think I'm comfortable going in that deep right now! I reached out to Matt up in Maryland, which if he is still doing this would be a possible road trip for me!
Mike

Fred Harmon is in Mountain Home AR, just a day ride from NC. They don't get much better or more reliable than Fred for this, fredharmon@att.net.

LOL! Charlotte to Mtn. Home may be a "day ride for you Cliff but many might flinch at 780+ miles in a "day." Fred is an excellent choice though.

I would be willing to go on a ride anytime that I can, unfortunately that isn't often right now!! I am in Indian Land, just south of CLT. 3 boys keep me moving with just a trip or 2 each year for now! Would love a good day ride with our weather we have right now...

I'm in Charlotte but due to work schedule not available for weeks at a time. Should be around for at least one weekend a month to ride though, and a few weekdays, I usually take about five days off in a row.

You guys be thinking about something for July maybe, but if someone wants to take the bull by the horns before then that’s ok too. Just pick a destination and a date that works and let me know. I’ll get it posted on the calendar for you. Not hard, just you guys pick a day.
Thanks
Ron

Finishing up my front end rebuild this weekend. Once I get the new tires on, I’ll be set for some rides. I’m down in Mill Spring NC, outside of Columbus NC.

U sure its the gasket leaking and not the exhaust sensor O ring...?
Well, I did change the O-Ring out with the Murph's one, but I'm not saying its not still that. I did have to take it to the dealer the last year in extended warranty, i think i had the tire pressure sensors changed out and the gear indicator. The extended warranty paid for itself. Anyway, the mechanic there said that I had a leak in the gasket. Wouldn't surprise me, I think I put too much oil on one of my first oil changes.

Fred Harmon is in Mountain Home AR, just a day ride from NC. They don't get much better or more reliable than Fred for this, fredharmon@att.net.
Would love to take it to Fred, I bought his dvds a year or so ago. Watching them makes me more confident, but it still looks very technical and way beyond my comfort zone. I haven't done a long ride in some time, and the furthest I have gone in a single day is a little over 500! So that is a possibility, just have to talk the wife into letting me do it!!!
Thanks everyone
Mike