• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Classic Flash first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingedspirit

>:D  I'll try to keep this short but it won't be easy.
Let me start by ensuring I'm not a paid spokesperson for Steve or Shouldabeen Engineering and did pay the asking price for my flash.
I sent my ECU in to Steve to flash for the Classic flash. I always run premium fuel anyway so why not.
He assured me I wouldn't lose any smoothness with it instead of the Mountainrunner. If you feel Mamma Kaw stock setup is the best way to go (take no offense please) and skip this review but, you DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING! 

Let's see.... In no particular order.

1. More power everywhere in the rev range.
2.There aren't enough o's in how smooooooth the power delivery is.
3. Who wouldn't want between 4 and 7 more MPG's. (Just my experience on the first ride)
4. If you carry a pillion they'll love it.
5. Like Steve say's, you will easily find yourself riding one gear higher than you used to. It just pulls.
6. I like a bit less engine braking and this one is right for me.

Thanks Steve. Well worth the price of admission.  :great:

Dean
2009 C14 Candy Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.