• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

cleaning

dslinden

Training Wheels
Anyone still using pledge to short cut cleaning and shining their bike? Use to work great. I guess they must have some good replacements for good old dependable pledge these days. I don't recommend pledging the seat. It makes it very slippery. Well you said I can say anything...

I just used Armor all cleaning wipes and they worked great.I clean my seat with charmin... ;)

Checked the Armor all site. They dont' recommend the cleaning wipes on painted services. You might try Scott's Ulta soft. Works better than charmin. Doesn't disintegrate in your hand and is cheaper.

If pledge was good before then it still is. I have not been using it as much but when I did for a couple years I saw not bad effects. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Plus one on the Turtle Wax Ice. I also really like the Meguirs NXT spray wax with a micro-fiber cloth. I use one micro-fiber cloth to wipe the wet spray wax, and a second one to do a final wipe over to get any smunges. Works great ! Bob.

When I decide to clean the bike, Plexus is my cleaner/polish of choice. Works well on all surfaces and is specialized for plastics. Probably much too slippery for use on the seat. For the Corbin leather seat I use their leather conditioner. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

I'm like Steve. I use Plexus For the windshield and bike a lot. But now and then, like today, I use ICE as well. But I use the liquid. I coat everything but my seat. Just like Steve, I use my Corbin cream on my Corbin seat. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2003375907710792664_th.jpg

I have been using "Wax as you Dry" with great results all over the bike. The black plastic and powder coated parts still look like new after a year. Plus it leave you more time to ride...

Plexus for the shield and visors and Honda Spray Cleaner for the rest. Soap and water if its real bad. The Honda Cleaner is real good for bugs,spray it on, let it soak and off they come easy. Its also good on the seat, cleans and protects without being slippery.