• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Clear overlay for the speedometer

touring03

I'm looking for a clear overlay to stick on my speedometer that will show mph, I have a Canadian bought bike and only shows kph. Anything like this even exist?

PG.

I would think that between the different sizes of the face and differences in increment spacing of different speedos it would be impossible for someone to make a one size fit all overlay.
With that said I would look for plastic film like a phone or tablet screen protector and maybe using a permanent marker marking out important mph lines such as 30, 55, 70 and 100 something.
Or get accustomed to kph conversion because as you know when us baby boomers were in elementary school we had to learn metric because pretty soon after that the US was going metric, lol.
Another thought would be a GPS or phone that has speed output.

My 2008 shows both mph and kph, the outside ring is mph and the inside ring is kph, also in canada.I would like if the larger outside ring was in kph instead of being the smaller print inside.

I would think that between the different sizes of the face and differences in increment spacing of different speedos it would be impossible for someone to make a one size fit all overlay.
With that said I would look for plastic film like a phone or tablet screen protector and maybe using a permanent marker marking out important mph lines such as 30, 55, 70 and 100 something.
Or get accustomed to kph conversion because as you know when us baby boomers were in elementary school we had to learn metric because pretty soon after that the US was going metric, lol.
Another thought would be a GPS or phone that has speed output.
Thanks, all good ideas.